Caeda Class Questions

How bad is growing Caeda as a Cavalier/General (still Lance speccing, obviously), and then swapping back into Dracoknight?

I ask this because her base SPD growth and absolute base SPD value are so ridiculous that she'll cap them no matter what class she's in, on top of the game giving you so many good fliers already (Catria, Palla, Minerva, and technically Sirius). Cavalier and General seem to be less wasteful in the growth department for her.

I did it once on Normal Mode and I really liked the results (I think she had everything except MAG and RES capped as a Draco and I didn't have to use any stat boosters), but for that mode anything can be made to work out, so it's not good for this discussion.

How impossible/unfeasible is this growth path on the more difficult modes? I assume on any difficulty over hard she'll just get doubled too much as a General, and you don't really have the money for Training Grounds since you need it for forges/stat boosters.

(Also I only really play Normal mode; I went through Hard once to get class limits unlocked and didn't like it, so these are more academic questions than anything else).

I kinda wish they hadn't gotten rid of weapon weight/Constitution, it really does make the General rather useless (21 SPD cap, ugh) and it's one of my favorite classes from 8.

So the difference in HP/STR/DEF growth rates are not worth the effort of levelling her in the class at harder difficulties (regarding General), and I'd just stick with Dracoknight?

Its less that and more Caeda's ussual promotion level range is around the part where DK and Paladin is at its best.

After that ended, General simply sucks thanks to getting doubled

Also I need to lampshade the fact that General would still be useless even with WT system

Edited by JSND

You can keep her as a cavalier for most of her unpromoted time. She makes a good sniper with her stupid ability to double anything the game will let you. Honestly, unless the map requires you to deploy every flier possible, you can probably make better use of Caeda as a grounded unit.

There is no weight system in this game and Caeda can function as a General effectively on some (more like 1) map.

Edited by commonguard

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

In all honesty, I found cav/paladin enough to buff her strength and defense. Although I guess having her as a Thwomp kinda does the same, although she's noticeably less useful when she's stuck to 6 move.