Why can Cordelia not at least have an A support with Chrom? I mean, at least to rest her heart easy about her undying feelings of love for him! Because, it seriously sucks that she's paired with someone else and then still clearly has feelings for Chrom! I understand that they're making a past reference to Shiida/Caeda, but come on! And let"s not even go into the fact that Sumia is the default wife of Chrom and supposedly a good friend to her! Does anyone else have anything to rant/justify about this predicament?

post-9383-0-01057600-1380980949_thumb.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

ESPECIALLY THE LAST SENTENCE

So..... guys, can I go into Outrage now?

Lets start with this one first:

"understand that they're making a past reference to Shiida/Caeda"

Cordelia and Sumia is too stupid to be even half as awesome as Sheeda. Just saiyan

Cordelia and Sumia is too stupid to be even half as awesome as Sheeda. Just saiyan

When it comes to handling people, I'd say...yes.

-----

I find it intriguing as to why Nintendo did that.

It could be for the fact that her love can somewhat be a passion of fandom for him rather than love.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

You seem like a milder version of Sazuke.

And it's Catria they're referencing with Cordelia, not Caeda. Though in Catria's case, they mastered subtlety and didn't shove it down your throuat like they did with Cordelia.

If Cordelia can't bring herself to speak her feelings then she doesn't really deserve pity.

Cordelia tries to be a combination of Fiora (FE7) and Catria (FE1/FE2/FE3/FE11/FE12), but fails.

Hell, Ranger Jack Walker made an argument on how FE11!Cain has better survivor's guilt, which I agree with.

Not gonna lie, this is my first impression

And compared to Sheeda, Sumia is not particularly close to Chrom as much as Sheeda is to Marth.

Edited by JSND

Cordelia tries to be a combination of Fiora (FE7) and Catria (FE1/FE2/FE3/FE11/FE12), but fails.

Hell, Ranger Jack Walker made an argument on how FE11!Cain has better survivor's guilt, which I agree with.

Well, I'll post it here for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Would you believe me if I said that Cain has a sole survivor story that's leagues ahead of Cordelia's similar story? All he needs are two pieces of dialogue to express it.

Cain:

...Sire, I...I cannot bear this! Failing to protect His Majesty...then leaving my brothers to die, slinking away like some coward...This indignity is too much to bear! One day I will repay them in kind. I will avenge the fallen...I swear it!

Cain is forced to abandon his king and his brothers to deliver a crucial message to Prince Marth. So far, pretty damn similar to Cordelia. Except this time, it's a character with some (albeit not a not) of importance that orders Cain to leave instead nameless mooks. The freaking king. Meanwhile Cordelia is sent away because, in Phila's words, they prized her youth. The focus is not on delivering the message but that somehow, Cordelia is too important and too good to allow her to die. Also, Cordelia's story is forgotten in the grand scale of things, aside from a few mentions in her supports. Cain's story not only drives Cain himself (just like it drives Cordelia) but also Marth. When Marth speaks to Gotoh before fighting Medeus, he remembers Cain's story and his father's last words. That's lasting importance.

But that isn't all. Shadow Dragon develops the few characters that do get development in some of the best ways. In this case, Cain gets significant character development in his death quote. It may not seem much but that one line goes a long way in developing a character.

Cain:

Prince Marth... Tell them... I did not run...

To the very end...

Now Cordelia's story isn't all bad. If Emmeryn actually showed any signs of caring about it. THe fact is, she doesn't. You may think she does but she doesn't. Because immediately after hearing of Cordelia's sister's sacrifice, Emmeryn, instead of honouring them, negates their efforst by returning to the capital. Keep in mind that the Pegasus Knights gave their lives so that Emmeryn couild be warned and she coudl get to safety. She instead renders their sacrifice meaningless. She returns to the capital despite it being an obvious trap. In the very next cutscene, what do we learn? Emmeryn is caputired and scheduled for exceution. Wah wah WAAAAAAH!

Is this a joke? It's a very bad one if it is.

Now I hear Cordelia's got similarities to Fiora but honestly, I've never used her so I won't comment on that.

Comparing Cordelia to Catria, again, we see story told through gameplay and not just endless repitition of text. Catria passively supports Marth and gives him boosts but he doesn't. He only supports Caeda who supports him back. This was in fact, the main hint we've ever had that Catria had a crush on Marth in the first place. Subtlelty. Awakening lacks it. It shoves it down our throats, not realizing that people don't like having things shoved down their throats.

[spoiler=Pent/Fiora Support Set]

C Support:

Fiora: Lord Pent. Please forgive me for taking so long to report... The mission you entrusted me...
Pent: Fiora...
Fiora: Forgive us, my lord. We were not strong enough... We were ambushed on the Dread Isle, and the mission ended in failure... But Lord Eliwood did lend his aid, and we were able to gain some information... Allow me to give you the details...
Pent: Fiora, please... Don’t worry about that for now... It is I who should apologize...
Fiora: ...What for?
Pent: I understand you lost companions on Valor... It is my fault. I should have provided better information. I had no idea there was such danger.
Fiora: No, my lord. It was carelessness that invited danger. My own. There is no reason for you to feel responsible...
Pent: But...
Fiora: I take full responsibility for the failure of my mission... And now, if you will excuse me...

B Support:

Pent: Fiora...may we speak a moment?
Fiora: My lord Pent? What are you doing here? Please, do not concern yourself with me. You should be by your wife’s side.
Pent: Take this.
Fiora: Hm? It’s a jewel...
Pent: I know it is not much, but we travel lightly these days, and it is all I could find. It is a token of my appreciation for you and your compatriots. Please accept it.
Fiora: If it is a matter of payment, I have already been--
Pent: Sell it. Take the gold it brings you and give it to the families of your fallen friends. It is no compensation for their loss, but...
Fiora: Lord Pent... Lord Pent, you are too kind... The other nobles think of us as pawns in their game... No one concerns himself with the death of a pawn... And that is to be expected. We are, after all, mercenaries.
Pent: Fiora...
Fiora: But, Lord Pent... We are grateful for your kindness... You have always treated us as equals... Even those who fell on the Dread Isle were proud to have served you... As am I.
Pent: ......
Fiora: So please, Lord Pent... Please rely on our lances. Let us fight for you. This is the wish of the knights of Ilia.

I like how Pent handles it.

Edited by Z the M

Its actually pretty surprising that Marth x Nyna has WAY WAY WAY more ship tease than Catria x Marth can ever hope to have

Considering that Hardin doesn't even seem to know about Camus and expresses hatred for Marth instead, he must have thought that Nyna secretly loved Marth.

So, are we supposed to take the opening post seriously?

*sigh*

There's no support because canon shows that Cordelia can't even talk properly around him and just feels like it won't work, so she doesn't pursue it. And also Sumia has a right to happiness too, and if she actually gets up off her ass to pursue Chrom, well then good for her. She worked to make Chrom like her instead of sitting on the sidelines like Cordelia. So, why SHOULDN'T Sumia be able to marry him?

It's also not THAT different from, say, a female!Avatar who's befriended Cordelia (gotten A support even) and married Chrom. Never hear much about that, I guess because Sumia is, no matter what, Cordelia's best friend.

Also, this is coming from a person who actually DOES like Cordelia, and thoroughly DISLIKES the SumiaxChrom pairing.

I actually liked Sumia x Chrom support simply because of the degree of realistic scenario that it have compared to most other pairing in this game, minus the fact that the game setting is.... a war

I never see how doing laundry and cooking which results into marriage is stupid. That shit is common in normal life

People call their support sexist, but honestly the fact that Cordelia is made based on unrecruited love and the whole conspiracy theory you can made based on her theme is both more disturbing and sexist

Disclaimer: this post is NOT meant to insult any females around here. Otherwise they would murder me with Galeforce

Edited by JSND

I never see how doing laundry and cooking which results into marriage is stupid. That shit is common in normal life

Usually it just happens in reverse chronologically though - you do laundry for somebody you're already intimate with.

Usually it just happens in reverse chronologically though - you do laundry for somebody you're already intimate with.

Yeah, Im way too used to my sister and cousin's logic

"If you want to be my boyfriend, you must be *insert generic male quality here minus handsome

But most importantly you MUST do my laundry"

...sorry, I had a bit of an information fail with the whole Shiida/Caeda thing... when I say I'm new to FE, I mean I am an honest to goodness amateur.But I just can't help but feel great remorse for Cordelia, mostly the fact that it goes on unsolved without a solution. By the way, who is Sazuke?

So, are we supposed to take the opening post seriously?

*sigh*

There's no support because canon shows that Cordelia can't even talk properly around him and just feels like it won't work, so she doesn't pursue it. And also Sumia has a right to happiness too, and if she actually gets up off her ass to pursue Chrom, well then good for her. She worked to make Chrom like her instead of sitting on the sidelines like Cordelia. So, why SHOULDN'T Sumia be able to marry him?

It's also not THAT different from, say, a female!Avatar who's befriended Cordelia (gotten A support even) and married Chrom. Never hear much about that, I guess because Sumia is, no matter what, Cordelia's best friend.

Also, this is coming from a person who actually DOES like Cordelia, and thoroughly DISLIKES the SumiaxChrom pairing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Honestly though, if you really want to blame anyone, blame the writing staff. Outside of the game's parameters, its not really Cordelia's fault that she was programmed to act like that and the game was programmed to be unable to get a support between them. I blame the writing staff for a number of underwhelming things in the story, and also for this stuff with Cordelia. I don't really care if its supposed to be a call back to Catria; if they don't bother to handle it with subtlety, as mentioned before, its just more annoying than anything else (especially after she's married).

And it's Catria they're referencing with Cordelia, not Caeda. Though in Catria's case, they mastered subtlety and didn't shove it down your throuat like they did with Cordelia.

If Cordelia can't bring herself to speak her feelings then she doesn't really deserve pity.

Cordelia's just as much like Palla as she is like Catria in the unrequited love thing, mostly after Chrom gets married. Except whereas Palla keeps it inside and is a really cool character, Cordelia is whiny and annoying and just awful all around.

I actually liked Sumia x Chrom support simply because of the degree of realistic scenario that it have compared to most other pairing in this game, minus the fact that the game setting is.... a war

People call their support sexist, but honestly the fact that Cordelia is made based on unrecruited love and the whole conspiracy theory you can made based on her theme is both more disturbing and sexist

Disclaimer: this post is NOT meant to insult any females around here. Otherwise they would murder me with Galeforce

My main problem is that... it seemed very shallow compared to their other supports (okay, Chrom's with female!avatar is about as shallow, but they actually have substantial interaction in the main story, so I'm more forgiving with it [and ship it, actually... haha...]), they kept in Sumia's numerous failures (which I find annoying mostly because... it is a war and supplies, in theory, are too limited to waste attempting to back numerous pies [once or twice is forgiving, but I think the number was 10+]), and... a couple of other, probably more nitpicky things.

That said, I agree with your point with Cordelia. *sigh* the writers really bungled with her.

But still, Sumia actively tried to get Chrom to fall in love with her, which Cordelia didn't. And somehow, that's Sumia's fault. *sigh*

Couldn't have said it better myself.

...Somedays, I wonder if we're the same person. XD

...sorry, I had a bit of an information fail with the whole Shiida/Caeda thing... when I say I'm new to FE, I mean I am an honest to goodness amateur.But I just can't help but feel great remorse for Cordelia, mostly the fact that it goes on unsolved without a solution. By the way, who is Sazuke?

Sazuke is someone who says what you did in your opening post, but far more rude and more cursing and far less reasonably. It DOES "get solved", though. Cordelia falls in love with someone else (should you choose to have her marry someone).

Sazuke EX is an obsessed fan who is completely unreasonable and is, overall, a complete dick. According to him, Sumia is a man stealing bitch and anyone who doesn't agree with IkexSoren is a homophobe.

Sazuke EX is a terrible person and you seem nothing like him. You only made similar points in a much more mild tone but even still, that comparison was completely uncalled for.

So I apologize sincerely.

Still think he's suffering from some sort of inferiority complex.

...why didn't quote work? anyway, was talking about Sazuke.

Edited by Kat