Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marth: Just give him FE1 Miracle Sword and Falchion... I mean a promotion (FE13 Great Lord or Knight Lord works fine). I also like the idea of EXP for seizing and extra Rapier MT.

Avatar: The best I can come up with that hasn't already been stated is making them class-specialized: they get an excellent tailor-made build, but miss out on the incredible flexibility other units have. This may require some classes to be removed from the selection though, and would likely require better class base balancing too.

these games aren't meant to be balanced

true, but i want my starting lord to not be a chump considering i have to use him

Bold: How does that help him as a unit? All that will cause if him to become the next Roy.

marth is not quite as bad as roy was. he's a bit more durable, he would hypothetically have a stronger rapier that doesn't get boned by WTD, and he keeps up better with unpromoted mounted units than roy did (5 vs. 7-8 is much worse than 7 vs. 8-10).

Underline: That affects balance too drastically. Surely there's something better to do with avatar than that?

one would have to remodel the prologue. but the reason why avatar is way better than the comparable luke and rody (and why luke and rody are, in turn, better than cecil) is because avatar gets the luxury of customizable bonuses to his bases and he gets P-1 and P-2 for free, or roughly a 2-level advantage. this creates a positive feedback loop where avatar gets better and better relative to luke and rody.

Make capturing villages take two turns too! Also let villages spawn generic units if you pay them a certain amount of money.

FE11: remove everyone but Marth and let him have 100 level cap

FE12: remove MU completely (prologue I you play as Katarina, prologue II as Ryan and probably Gordin because Katarina is a total biatch)

Underline: edited part

Edited by Epic Otaku

FE11: remove everyone but Marth and let him have 100 level cap

FE12: remove MU completely (prologue I you play as Katarina, prologue II as Ryan)

Prologue III who cares, Prologue II was impossible to beat anyways!

I like the Rapier idea for Marth a lot. Although, that has the possible side effect of making him the new Caeda...I think he should be able to kill Medeus in H5 at least. It's kinda ridiculous that he's supposed to take down Medeus and he's doubled by him no matter how much you train him. Perhaps raise his spd cap to 27 and alter his spd growth a bit?

As for Avatar, I'm still not convinced by any of the stuff presented. But oh well. I think altering class bases and other stuff is a given to relabance the avatar though. Perhaps we should discuss him/her again some other time?

Day 2: FE11 Frey and FE12 Luke

Poor Frey, this character got the shaft when they decided it was a good idea to not include the Prologue in the Harder Difficulties. He's completely unplayable in anything higher than Normal. Of course, first thing would be making him playable in Hard 1 and above and then rebalancing him. Assume that he's playable in those difficulties.

And FE12 Luke, generally considered a high tier unit. He's a growth unit that joins really early, so he has a lot of time to get exp and become one of your MVPs. Weirdly, he's almost never found in his base class aside from the Prologue. First question would be: would he need nerfing at all? or is he fine as is?

Edited by PKL

I think just Frey being playable and bringing a vulnerary would make early game H5 a hell of a lot less frustrating. And Luke seems well balanced as is.

I don't think Frey really needs to be anywhere except for Normal ('cause Abel/Cain already take his spot). As for Luke, I use him quite a bit in Cavalier - he's got enough bulk so that I can send him across the map, and not worry about him dying in two hits. . .unless you had something harder than H1 in mind.

But dondon, Frey is so cool ;_;. Was I the only one that had an issue with Frey not appearing in notnormal?

I don't think Frey really needs to be anywhere except for Normal ('cause Abel/Cain already take his spot). As for Luke, I use him quite a bit in Cavalier - he's got enough bulk so that I can send him across the map, and not worry about him dying in two hits. . .unless you had something harder than H1 in mind.

Yeah, preferably rebalance them in all the difficulties in FE12 (would probably require Maniac and Lunatic mode bonuses).

Luke is fine. His earlygame isn't that good; I think commonguard mentioned you could do Chs. 1-3 just fine in reliable LTC without him. Deploying Luke in P7 and P8 slows you down, according to grandjackal, though I'm not so sure about P8. Beyond that, Luke needs a Speedwing (on average) and two or three Arms Scrolls to be the go-to Horseman.

I'm not sure about Frey in FE11, but starting a unit off with a Vulnerary will invariably increase survival chances, at least until you can safely bench them.

Luke in FE12 is fine as he is, unless you wanted to start him off as a Myrmidon in the first place instead of a Cavalier. I'm more interested in seeing what's mentioned when we get to Cecille.

frey is like, totally not necessary.

It's less about being Frey and more about having another dude to chuck javelins, because those hit rates are really unreliable.

While I know that Cain and Abel is redundant as it is(stats wise) even not including that Cavs are typically good in every stats, what is Frey's role in regards to the team?

I think Norne would be preferable for extra early game chip machine

Luke and for later on, Rody is fine as it is, but the +1/-1 base speed is worth exploring

While I know that Cain and Abel is redundant as it is(stats wise) even not including that Cavs are typically good in every stats, what is Frey's role in regards to the team?

They could give him better bases and worse growths with like, D Lances C Swords and make him a psuedo Hardin of sorts. Note that I just thought of this as a whim, might not be perfectly balanced lol.

Frey, imho, isn't needed at all, unless you want another decent cavalier (he has lower HP than Cain and Abel, with about-the-same growths, so he's probably worse), which makes the game very boring because you're using up another space that could be used for another unit that's actually more useful in comparison. IF anyone actually uses him, like the others said, a Vulnerary could help, also he needs to get a slightly higher base HP.

For Luke, he's pretty nice as he is, I think.

Lol, I'm ending this day early because this day was so boring. I guess Frey and Luke are alright.

Day 3: Abel and Rody

The green cavaliers of their respective games.

Edited by PKL

Abel could use a plus 2 to hp, and a plus 1 to spd.

Rody needs a plus 2 to speed, and a javelin. He needs som reason to be used over Luke early game.