Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

Cain should have supports with everyone. :P: Silliness aside, I think he's fine as-is.

I'd say get rid of the -2 Defense for Cecille, and leave it at that.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a great unit still. So i dont see whats the problem. She has Lady Sword and Falcoknight all to herself. I'd say she's defo better than Rody. Well, Vanilla Rody anyway.

Maybe in Hard mode, not really in Lunatic.

I think later joining units should have an advantage statistically to make up for the fact that they have a permanent disadvantage availability wise. Now, in Cecille's case that can be a small advantage, because she's not TOO far behind (I think 3 maps), but nonetheless, yeah.

Also later on, I will be advocating Matthis getting a huge buff FTR.

Yeah. TBF, he's better than all 3 of them in 11 too...And 12...And FE1. What game is Cain not better than Wolfguard and Matthis in, lol.

I was talking of him in relative to the other starting Cavaliers in 3 >_>

He loses alvailability but DAT base and "lol my growth is the best part of all of your growth"

Edited by JSND

Matthis
=======
Base Growths (No Class Modifiers, HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res): 40%/15%/30%/50%/45%/60%/35%/15%
Base Stats (No Class Modifiers, HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res): 11/0/7/11/9/13/4/8
Starting Level: 1
Starting Class: Bishop
Starting Weapon Experience: Tome 0 (E), Staff 165 (A)
Starting Equipment: Physic, Barrier, Vulnerary

Status: Annoying piece of crap that keeps using Physic on injured enemy units from the center island, forcing you to make sure you kill all foes on his map before he can heal them. Creepily refers to his sister, Lena, as his 'precious puff pastry'. Threatens to 'shove his staff where the sun don't shine' when Julian brings Lena up during the recruitment speech. Despite being an irritating flake, and looking like his face was caved in by the back end of a Fire Dragon, he is unfortunately a very useful person to have around due to his staff rank (and surprisingly decent stats, at least for a prepromote).

(Edited for language).

Edited by EdeaCreamer

Cain should get his own prf

Rock Throw

8 MT

1-2 Range

80 HT

0 CRT

Cain only. One shots Abel

Stone Edge

10 MT

1 Range

80 HT

20 CRT

Cain only. A weapon infamous for missing, also known as "Stone Miss"

Either way what do you think of giving Cain some SPD growth in FE11? Its kinda weird how Abel is(for the most part) better than him , including having better SPD growth, which Cain is supposed to have over Abel

Also if you don't mind I want to comment on this:

"I like the Rapier idea for Marth a lot. Although, that has the possible side effect of making him the new Caeda"

Marth is needed to seize, does not have stupid overkill speed + promotion that covered all of his weakness, no reclass(for SM) and he can't fly. Granted some stuff that Caeda can do, 7 MT Rapier Marth might be able to replicate(such as that one from Matthis chapter where he can be positioned at the edge of the Cavalier's attack range, counter with Rapier, go away and use vulnerary, repeat), but that hurts ur turncounts

I was talking of him in relative to the other starting Cavaliers in 3 >_>

He loses alvailability but DAT base and "lol my growth is the best part of all of your growth"

Oh, sorry about that. Cecil might be better than him, but I'm not sure. It's all about Sirius and Arran!

Either way what do you think of giving Cain some SPD growth in FE11? Its kinda weird how Abel is(for the most part) better than him , including having better SPD growth, which Cain is supposed to have over Abel

I thought he had higher SPD growth than Abel.

They have the same Speed Growth

Cain:

35/20/5/25/40/40/5/5

BGT: 175

Abel:

25/25/5/25/40/25/5/5

BGT: 155

Yes, Abel's total growth is actually lower, which is where the problem come

Edited by JSND

So, Cain is fine as the usual cavalier, Cecil needs more hp def bases is the consensus.

New Cecil bases:

20 HP

6 Str

0 Mag

8 Skl

9 Spd

6 Lck

7 Def

0 Res

Sword D Lance E

Oh boy...Day 5 WILL be interesting.

Day 5: FE11 Jagen and FE12 Gordin

I have like no opinion on Jagen other than he's a badass.

And no idea yet on FE12 Gordin either.

I remembered there was a lot of discussion regarding using Forged BK on Jagen, but nothing comes out of that

Now Gordin

If we are balancing him for short term uses, he is fine as it is IMO(can't say no to D Bows =3). Which is rather bizzare

I think +5 Speed growth and +1 Speed base would be acceptable? Honestly I did not see how it is reasonable to get him and give him a level up in the prologue, and Ryan murderstomp him. This change is just in case the player is not so lucky with Ryan and want an Archer >_>

tb;dr Draug is da bes

Edited by JSND

Actually, I've tried to play with Draug as a Hunter before (it was the Hard mode playthrough to get class limits unlocked), and...ugh. I just didn't get much use out of him, at all. I'm guessing at the higher difficulties he's the one that gets the Arms Scrolls from the Armory? I had to deal with him being locked to E-Rank/Iron Bows until we were already in Khadein or something like that. His Speed grew pretty nicely, but everything else kinda sucked. Eh, I guess that's just one anecdote.

Jagen serves a special role that's probably intentional. The answer to challenge runners is simply to not use him, but the casual player (such as myself) really benefits from his early presence as he is (even if you don't want him XP-leeching, just using him as bait is often sufficient). I'd leave him alone.

Gordin starts off in Hunter rather than in Archer, and his base SPD/SKL growth rates are raised to 35% each.

Jagen, huh. The only uses of him are the free weapons and tanking abilities. He's a bit usable in H4-5 though, just need maybe +1 or 2 base HP, and about growths, everything's bad so if he needs to be good, + at least 20% to every growth but Mag and Res. But then he wouldn't be a Jagen anymore, which isn't usual because he IS Jagen.

12 Gordin, haven't used him, but I think he'll be needing, uh, maybe some Spd I think? I don't really know, haven't used him in any but one run for FE12.

Jagen is a bro and perfectly fine.

Gordin's problem is more that Athena is super clutch in the Prologue over his stats, it's kind of hard to say no to Athena on higher difficulties.

+ 2 luk to Jagen. That is all.

Good suggestion. That would make him less prone to crits when bosskilling the Ch1 and 2 bosses. That reminds me of some runs of mine when I was about to get a really low TC, only to be met by a crit at the end ;_;