Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

It would be interesting to see Gordin as a Horseman (for the sake of balance, his AS would probably have to be low enough to prevent him from doubling enemies) to offer a viable alternative to Athena in the Prologue. Story-wise, Gordin has some seniority at this point, after having fought in Marth's army in SD, so having him as a promoted unit doesn't seem unreasonable.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagen needs to be his own special class, and unable to reclass. :P:

Gordin supposedly trained under Jeorge. Ryan. . .uh, just joined. . .so why the HELL does Ryan beat out his brother in everything that isn't Luck? I'd give Gordin a 10% Speed growth increase and +1 Str/Spd base, at minimum.

i think archers have a worse movement type compared to knights, too; they lose more movement going over forest than knights.

or wait, that's only in FE11.

Yeah that's FE11 only. They should definetely get 6 move for starters though.

The Archers having 5 movement is most likely a relic from the old days when they could promote to 7 movement Snipers while Hunters were stuck to 6 forever and had better offensive bases but less defenses and potential over time.

Then again Thomas could just get 2 levels, promote right away and abuse his newfound 14 Speed and 7 Movement.

Edited by Woodshooter

Jagen needs to be his own special class, and unable to reclass. :P:

Gordin supposedly trained under Jeorge. Ryan. . .uh, just joined. . .so why the HELL does Ryan beat out his brother in everything that isn't Luck? I'd give Gordin a 10% Speed growth increase and +1 Str/Spd base, at minimum.

Yeah... Gordin's only problem is Ryan.

Gives Gordin a C Rank in Bow, and better base stats +3 HP, + 1 everything else. except LUK and DEF + 2. At least the C Rank in Bow, having bothy starting at the same Bow Level doesn't makes sense.

This way, it have actually a reason to be used over his Brother.

Basically, have Gordon as the Pseudo-Jeigan, and Ryan as the Pseudo-Est. Itr seems to be their goal, but that doesn't works really well.

Jagen is definitely pretty rad now that he has the Silver Lance for himself.

As for FE12 Gordon... Well, I would say his issue is that he has pretty much the same state advantage over Ryan as in the previous game... except that Ryan has a ton more availability and the growths to make that little advantage painfully insignificant by the time Gordon actually comes around.

I think his growths are fine. It would take quite a while for Ryan to gain an advantage just because of them.

The problem is that Ryan will have already surpassed Gordin by the time they are both playable.

So I think that Gordon just needs a nice little boast all around.

Edited by BrightBow

So, Jagen's new bases:

22 HP Str 8 Mag 1 Skl 10 Spd 9 Lck 3 Def 9 Res 6 Sword D Lance B

Str/Spd +1 Lck+2

Gordin:

22 HP 9 Str 0 Mag 7 Skl 7 Spd Lck 6 Def 9 Res 0 Bow C 6 move

(HP Spd and Def +1, Bow C instead of D and archers got buffed 6 move)

Day 6: FE11 Gordin and FE12 Ryan

FE11 Gordin is just awful all around. Huge buffs are in order. Probably better growths and bases everywhere >_>

FE12 Ryan could be fine with the new buffed Gordin or maybe his spd growth could be made more consistent. Since that's the issue a lot of people have found with him. Maybe +5-10 spd growth and leave it at that.

PKL fanboyism bias is showing righ thar

FE11!Gordin

Gordin's weakness are easy to spot on, if only because its too many that you can make a list out of it

His base is laughable(+2 HP and +4 luck, really?. I know Marth has worse base, but read further), his growth is shit(almost no speed growth and..... Defense growth. On an Archer. What), and Archer is shit(before promotion). In all seriousness, he really need to have base stats that is comparable to his team mates.

So....

Archer buff: +1 Mov, +1 SPD + 1 STR

Gordin base: +1 SPD, +1 STR

Gordin growth: +10% STR, +15% Speed

Ryan

+15% Speed growth

In all seriousness, speed consistency is all Ryan need to become a better choice, but not neccesarily broken

Edited by JSND

I'd take it even further and say:

+20% more str growth for 40% str

+4 Skl base to Archers would make his chip with Steel Bow slightly(very very slightly) more reliable!

So the new FE11 Gordin would be:

Bases-

18 HP

7 Str

0 Mag

7 Skl

6 Spd

4 Lck

6 Def

0 Res

Bow D

His new growths:

60% HP 40% Str 0% Mag 40% Skl 50% Spd 40% Lck 30% Def 0% Res

As for Ryan, actually, I remembered something about the H3 Prologue. I would give him a Lunatic Mode Bonus in Spd (+1) since sometimes the Prologue 7 Est Archers have doubled him in a few of my many H3 practice Prologue LTC runs. 60% spd growth too so total screwage is a lot less likely to happen.

The Ryan buff seems to be overkill, thats same base as Luke with Rody's speed growth?

I don't know the comparison beetwen Vanilla Ryan and Vanilla Luke/Rody so I guess I leave it to the more experience players >_>

The Ryan buff seems to be overkill, thats same base as Luke with Rody's speed growth?

I don't know the comparison beetwen Vanilla Ryan and Vanilla Luke/Rody so I guess I leave it to the more experience players >_>

Remember he's in Archer class. Which gives 30 spd growth. So his base still loses to Luke (40) and Rody's (55)

FE11 gordin: +2 str, +5 skl

he's pretty unsalvageable as is though just by virtue of FE11 mechanics and map design.

Are those on top of the current buffs or the vanilla Gordin?

FE11 gordin: +2 str, +5 skl

he's pretty unsalvageable as is though just by virtue of FE11 mechanics and map design.

Not if you reclass him to Cavalier and give him good bases (Weapon Ranks) there!

EDIT OK, the weapons rank thing was facetious, but with his current buffs, cavalier would be so good.

Edited by Refa