Changing the DS games for the better!

PKL

DS  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Warp or no warp or something else?

• Warp the Warp staff out of the game (take it out its OP)
    • Warp on Marth causes Marth and the warper to warp to a random spot instead
    • Warp ends the warped unit's turn immediately.
    • Warp only has 1 use.
    • Warp range nerfed to 1/2 the user's Mag stat.
    • Warp is available much later in the game.
    • I like managing warp uses (for dondon only)

I think if Gordin got a higher level base too in addition to being averaged out to compensate ala FE10 Edward/Leonardo (I'm thinking 4-6), and Sniper became a more desirable class, he'd be a lot better.

EDIT Of course that would make the later archers look worse, but how many of those do you get, like Thomas?

Edited by Refa

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE11 Gordin: +2 STR, at minimum, so he's not weighed down by his Steel Bow. I'd give him +2 SPD, so he's sort of near Abel/Cain offensive range (sans Skill). As for growths, +10% HP, STR, SKL, and +20% SPD (that puts him slightly below the Christmas Cavaliers). His Skill is bad, but eh.

FE12 Ryan: I'm fine with him as-is.

Refa- Archers would now have 7 skl base so i dont think +1 skl is neccesary. And only in LM does he need +1 spd,

New FE11 Gordin:

Bases- 18 HP 7 Str 0 Mag 7 Skl 6 Spd 4 Lck 6 Def 0 Res Bow D 6 move

Growths- 60% HP 40% Str 0% Mag 40% Skl 50% Spd 30% Def 0% Res

The str helps him not get weighed down as much by Steel. And assuming he had Steel while all the other characters had Iron, that chip would be pretty nandy I think. The game isn't as kind as FE12 on archers but oh well.

New FE12 Ryan:

Bases- 18 HP 7 Str 0 Mag 7 Skl 4(5 LM) Spd 3 Lck 7 Def 0 Res Bow D 6 move

Growths- 80% HP 50% Str 0% Mag 80% Skl 60% Spd 40% Lck 35% Def 0% Res

The new growth makes him a more consistent unit and makes him less gimpable whenever he's outside a fast spd growth class.

Btw, with the later prepromotes and some special cases, don't be afraid to use mode specific bonuses.

Day 7: FE11 Draug and FE12 Draug? It's DOGA DAY

random thought: one thing that would be very nice for buffing certain characters (since it's so hard to make them unique in this game) is to give them base weapon EXP in weapons that their base classes can't normally use, e.g. giving draug 30 axe WEXP at base or something so that he has D axes if he reclasses into fighter or pirate.

thematically it makes no sense, but it's unexplored territory.

Thats actually interesting for characters like FE11!Horace, nice

Anyway Doga..... need no change I guess?

FE11 Doga is somewhat on an unfixable area, so I dunno. Give him +10 for STR and HP maybe?

FE12 Doga might be the first place we can try to implement dondon's suggestion. Giving Bow EXP to DOGA allows him to wield better bows faster which helps Hunter Draug. Thematically, Generals are going to be able to use Bows anyway, so it all makes out in the end

As for the rest.... maybe +15 - 20% HP growth and +10% STR growth to make his average growth comparable to the rest of the cast?

I have been wondering, how should the growth be handled for the purpose of rebalancing?

By the time Doga can become a General, Marth has already taken the Boots. Doga will probably stay a Horseman from that point onward anyway, though.

I'm not sure why we're putting effort into making units as close to one another as possible, though.

Draug should be able to summon hot women Falcon Knights to his side whenever he wants, with capped stats, Iote Shields and fresh Brave weapons equipped.

" I am the Wing of my Spear
Steel is my body and Silver is my blood
I have created over a thousand OTPs
Unknown to Marth, Nor known to Wrys
Have withstood Cain to create many horses
Yet, these bows will never hit anything
So as I pray, unlimited Caeda works."

Then boom, Falcos. I'd use him if he could do that. Probably.

FE11 Draug: Uhhh. . .being a knight sucks in this game. I'd give him +1 base DEF (to make up for his amazing base Speed), and a double-digit base HP growth.

FE12 Draug: +10% HP and Strength growth, and call it a day ('cause he can go Cavalier and be funny, if he really wants to use his lance rank).

FE11 Draug: Uhhh. . .being a knight sucks in this game. I'd give him +1 base DEF (to make up for his amazing base Speed), and a double-digit base HP growth.

FE12 Draug: +10% HP and Strength growth, and call it a day ('cause he can go Cavalier and be funny, if he really wants to use his lance rank).

You could give FE11 Draug more spd base you know :P

As for what I'd do:

FE11 Draug- C Lances could help him, as well as +1 Def like Eclipse said and +1 or 2 spd base. His def growth is also awkwardly low for a knight i'd probably make his str and def growths better by like 10 each and call it a day.

FE12: Draug- He's useless in Lunatic Prologue, but he's already a good unit after that because of reclass. Tweak his spd base to work in the Prologue would probablly break him after the Prologue, so I think he's fine as is.

I think FE12!Draug could stand to have a slightly higher DEF base. I mean he'd still be 2HKOed for a while, but at least he'd never be OHKOed...

Is Draug the one you're supposed to give the Arms Scrolls from the Armory for Bow ranks? I don't recall how many you're supposed to give him.

Also for FE12 Draug I agree with the higher DEF base, +2 sounds good.

+2 Base Def in both games would be a smooth fix for the slick Draug. Just because his name is Guard spelled backwards doesn't mean that he needs no half-decent Def growth. He's a fricken Knight, sheesh.

FE11: Also, I think him starting with a Steel Lance in FEDS1 could change things up for him, as suddenly he'd be better at making potshots early game. Decrease the weight of a Steel Lance by 1 and up his Str by 1 so he isn't weighed down by it at base. That'll allow his speed growth to kick in and make a mid-long term impact without really breaking him, and it'll also give him more purpose other than just being a slow clunky knight as he'll be bringing use to the team beyond just having good stats and a surefire potshot.

FE12: haven't played enough to say.

Do you guys want a google doc, where we can keep track of changes? I'm kinda tempted to do so.

Anyway, any agreements on Doga? Seems like making his def bases higher is the thing that was most commonly mentioned.

Day 8: FE11 Caeda and FE12 Arran

FE11 Caeda: oh boy. She's famous for her broken (when forged) PRF, as it can ease the pain when you face H5 bosses...or completely trivializes the game when combined with Warp (but that's more warp's fault imo). I think it would be fine if the Wing Spear wasn't forgable, so at to keep her nice for bosskilling, but not completely omgOP against them. Idk if anyone will agree though >_>

FE12 Arran- not sure. I think he's fine as a super super shortterm unit.

These two does not need any change

....okay, maybe make Wing Spear unforgable in 11

Her overkill speed is surprisingly a large part why she is broken IMO. Imagine if her speed was Marth level. She won't be as broken... I think

Edited by JSND

Caeda can be made more down-to-earth by having a more diverse representation of enemy types in the game's chapters. That way the Wing Spear is not universal in its use.

Arran wouldn't be too broken still if he had respectable growths. We seem to have a lot of problems with Sirius as things are.

Instead of making the Wing Spear unforgeable, reduce it's uses to say, 5~10. It's an incredibly clutch weapon but it just lasts far too long to be really wasted.

making an exception for the wing spear seems odd.

EDIT: FE12 shows that caeda isn't OP when not all of the enemies are weak to wing spear. that's a clear enough indication as to what should be done. as for arran, improving his growths would actually make him kind of OP in NM, though i wouldn't be opposed to it. i actually think it would be really nice if he had a base bow rank, for example.

Edited by dondon151