Why does everyone like Owain, and why is he so popular?

Aplauserlol

Seriously though, how can you like a Myrmidon with an annoying and Bad Naruto Dubs sense of humour? His supports with cynthia had me cringing

Fixed :dry:

I deleted the first part because I don't dislike his character or anything, just agree with the OP that he's overrated a ton.

Edited by glenncoco

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until a shitload of angst gets dropped on him in November

To be fair, that angst was well-justified, and he does normalize in The Answers.

Owain is so hammy because it's a coping mechanism. He's nowhere near my favorite, but I can see his thought process.

Fixed :dry:

I deleted the first part because I don't dislike his character or anything, just agree with the OP that he's overrated a ton.

But madame, justice is never over-rated! Let us raise our swords together and promote the awesomeness that is Owain! :D

But madame, justice is never over-rated! Let us raise our swords together and promote the awesomeness that is Owain! :D

To be honest after doing more of Owain's supports and finding out how much he honors and respects his parents which is really, really sweet <3

He is starting to grow on me.

* Raises Sword *

But he can never beat Henry.

Yeah....

I was really looking forward to getting Owain since I was hearing such good things about him like he's the best child and a very funny character. Only to get some weirdo that shouts loud and annoying strange lines like a episode of the Adam West Batman show.

Hey. Hey! Don't compare that lame-ass Owain to the So-Bad-It's-Amazing awesomeness that is Adam West Batman. Because some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Whoa there! I like him because he's not an idiot! Sure, he has a childish exterior, but as with most of the characters, the script writers decided to give him a darker core than what you can see on the outside. I mean, look at Future Past 2! He was awesome in that; how he was so willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good, and his charisma convinced Inigo to do the same. But the rest of the time when he's not commiserating with Inigo and others (like in Harvest Scramble), his childish happiness is a breath of fresh air. Personally, I find him one to be of the most interesting characters in the game.

i can't tell if you're being facetious and just want to cause a shitstorm (in which case i approve) or if you legitimately cannot understand that people may have opinions that differ from yours

I liked Owain due to his references and the fact that he kicked all kinds of butt when I paired Lissa with my avatar. Otherwise, would easily be the most annoying character of all time ever.

every single site you mentioned is shit

fucking. youtube, reddit and tumblr dude. and iirc owain won the /feg/ poll by a landslide but /feg/ is a cesspool

Well it shows that cesspools like him

Anyways I have tried to let him grow on me I really have. His future past combos are cute but that is about it. Also is it true that his Halloween costume is the only one to sell out so far? And it actually sold it out first day?

See even if I did like him I would still say he is way overrated, but I don't worry I will make him grow on me if it is the last thing I do.

Edited by Aplauserlol

I personally am not a fan of Owain either, to me he seems overly cocky, brash and annoying. As for why he's got a fanbase? Some people like him.

I'll admit I haven't really used any of the kids.

But in the scenario where you recruit him I couldn't help but laugh at him. That lightheartedness was nice, considering it was a relief from the seriousness of Lucina or Laurent or Whyrvenman! (Sorry, Gerome).

He's cheesy, but I'm not mad at that (Considering how I am, I'm the person who's got no right to judge). That being said, if people asked who my favourite second gen character is I'd probably say Donnel (I have that little knowledge of them)

Owain is a cool and crazy character. I can't say why anyone would dislike because he is so weird. Also, he is married to Morgan in my game so, ya, back off my son-in-law! :lol:

I did that too

worst decision I ever made on my file

needs divorce license DLC, IS pls

Edited by shadykid

Because he has his hand in his face, talks utter nonsense and yells alot... that's apparently the 'cool' thing

You know, now that I think about it, Owain looks a little like Edward...I bet his hand is in front of his face to block axes.

I personally have no problem with Owain and in fact like him a lot as a character, but I think some people are taking the love too far. Some people think he should be in the next smash over Chrom and Lucina, which I think is proof enough that some are taking it too far.

I think Owain is annoying and not as fun as people think. He's borderline delusional and reminds me of those superheroes in kids comics who think they're way more skillful than they are.

In fact, from the kids I've seen, I have yet to see one who is better than a 1st gen character, personality-wise.

In fact, from the kids I've seen, I have yet to see one who is better than a 1st gen character, personality-wise.

I honestly think that the second gen is superior to the first gen from a personality standpoint. They just have much more depth.

Guys. As someone who married Lissa, this hurts me deeply that you are insulting my son like this. :(

Oh nooooo. It's like bashing a character on the internet is something new.

And it's Liz, scrub.

im3k.png

An *ACTUAL* Airhead Blonde. I'd tell her to get back in the kitchen, but that would be dangerous as people would probably end up dead from her cooking skills.

Shit waifu.

Edited by shadowofchaos