Why do characters jump in the air when defeated?

IceBrand

Like Ana, I'd always just seen it as just them being pushed back by the blow. The only ones that ever went 'flying', by my definition, were the mounted units.

I find this effect to be one of the better done things in Awakening. It's pretty dramatic and makes me feel like I messed up (in 95% of the cases it's the RNG but w/e) and makes the death of the unit feel pretty dramatic. Like, for some reason, I can't stand watching sumia fall and die and say Noooo...in that voice. Same with Cordelia. So dramatic ;_;

Edited by PKL

I find this effect to be one of the better done things in Awakening. It's pretty dramatic and makes me feel like I messed up (in 95% of the cases it's the RNG but w/e) and makes the death of the unit feel pretty dramatic. Like, for some reason, I can't stand watching sumia fall and die and say Noooo...in that voice. Same with Cordelia. So dramatic ;_;

and for enemies, especially for the major ones where the music will suddenly cut out... it feels like I just kicked ass.

i love when cordelia dies. i mean, i like her as a unit, but i love when she says "too... weak..." and i'm like, yeah, no wonder you died.

Well FE aims to be more stylized than realistic. So if it was realistic the bodies would slump over, every unit would wear helmets no lopsided armor like Chrom had, this would make your units generic looking units. Also of course no Magic. Now, that is less fun. So instead all of the opposite occurs to make things fresh and awesome looking!

Well FE aims to be more stylized than realistic. So if it was realistic the bodies would slump over, every unit would wear helmets no lopsided armor like Chrom had, this would make your units generic looking units. Also of course no Magic. Now, that is less fun. So instead all of the opposite occurs to make things fresh and awesome looking!

Don't forget:

1. Some guy from a village being able to be a better fighter than a notable member of either Plegia or the Valmese Empire.

2. Horse riding in a skirt or leotard that long.

3. A illiterate girl being able to use a Fire tome while a scholar can't.

4. Not cutting your hair even when it's way down past your shoulders (see Titania).

5. Only a minorty of the playable units actually wears that much body armor.

Etc.

Edited by The Void

Not to mention low level scrubs jumping high into the air at low levels, despite that at this state they are unable to even scratch the grunts later in the game, as if those 8/15 mooks would be powerful enough to strike down the likes of Godzilla with a single blow or take a bullet to the face without injury.

Edited by BrightBow