Supporting Units

1. How do Supporting Units' skills look like? Would it be something like this? Dual Guard+, Dual Support+, Anathema, filler, filler?

2. Could someone give me an example of a supporting unit with an attacking unit?

3. Also, how many supporting units are supposed to be on the team?

so many questions.

again, why don't you just ask your questions in the "i just want to know one thing!" thread? you don't have to excessively make threads just for small questions you have...

1. they have 'supporting skills'. dual guard+, dual support+, (chrom or lucina, dual strike+), and others.

2. Fredrick paired up with sumia right when you get her, it gives her crazy defense and attack and she doubles pretty much everything, i think thats what you mean

(i dont know what you mean)

Edited by Snickers

so many questions.

again, why don't you just ask your questions in the "i just want to know one thing!" thread? you don't have to excessively make threads just for small questions you have...

1. they have 'supporting skills'. dual guard+, dual support+, (chrom or lucina, dual strike+), and others.

Ok.

What about number 3?

Usually support units are good because they give indirect or direct support to the one attacking,they are classified in many different ways,please disregard this answer if it is not what you are looking for:

Rally Bots:

They are often DLC or Spotpass characters

Given skills: Rally Heart,Rally Spectrum, Rally Strength/any rally,Any rally,Any Rally

Notable ones: DLC Katarina and DLC Palla for being able to obtain Rally Heart,Spectrum and Strength.

Rally bots should often be female due to their exclusively obtainable rallies,since the only male exclusive rally is Strength.

Support Bots:

Often children without Galeforce,or Spotpass Marth

Skills:Dual Strike+ (If Lucina or Spotpass Marth), Dual Guard+,Dual Support+(provides for extra bonuses,notably Gerome may want this skill),Faire skill (Swordfaire,Axefaire etc.) and Filler

Indirect support:

This can be anyone

Skills: Any skills adding bonuses or lowering enemy bonuses.Examples: Demoiselle,Anathema,Hex,Charm etc.

Pair-up bot

Anyone who can provide any mov or incredible pair up bonuses

Skills: Defender,Deliverer etc.

Usually a class with those skills stuck into a class with good pair up bonuses.

Rally bots provide rallies to improve unit capabilities using their rally skills.Let's say you do 20 damage,a rally from a rally bot can bring that 20 up to 30

As well as raising hit,avoid,crit,and mov using the respected rallies.

Support bots they help deal the extra damage,help the unit do extra damage and lower chances of the unit to take damage,just for that little extra kick you may need

Indirect support placed usually adjacent to the attacking unit and the opposing unit,it helps raise your odds to win a battle.

Pair up bots give slower units like Generals, a chance to get to farther distances and be able to double or avoid.

I would say you might not need many probably a maximum of 1/4-1/2 your team,but you can do well without them in Awakening unless you're doing Apotheosis.

Usually support units are good because they give indirect or direct support to the one attacking,they are classified in many different ways,please disregard this answer if it is not what you are looking for:

Rally Bots:

They are often DLC or Spotpass characters

Given skills: Rally Heart,Rally Spectrum, Rally Strength/any rally,Any rally,Any Rally

Notable ones: DLC Katarina and DLC Palla for being able to obtain Rally Heart,Spectrum and Strength.

Rally bots should often be female due to their exclusively obtainable rallies,since the only male exclusive rally is Strength.

Support Bots:

Often children without Galeforce,or Spotpass Marth

Skills:Dual Strike+ (If Lucina or Spotpass Marth), Dual Guard+,Dual Support+(provides for extra bonuses,notably Gerome may want this skill),Faire skill (Swordfaire,Axefaire etc.) and Filler

Indirect support:

This can be anyone

Skills: Any skills adding bonuses or lowering enemy bonuses.Examples: Demoiselle,Anathema,Hex,Charm etc.

Pair-up bot

Anyone who can provide any mov or incredible pair up bonuses

Skills: Defender,Deliverer etc.

Usually a class with those skills stuck into a class with good pair up bonuses.

Rally bots provide rallies to improve unit capabilities using their rally skills.Let's say you do 20 damage,a rally from a rally bot can bring that 20 up to 30

As well as raising hit,avoid,crit,and mov using the respected rallies.

Support bots they help deal the extra damage,help the unit do extra damage and lower chances of the unit to take damage,just for that little extra kick you may need

Indirect support placed usually adjacent to the attacking unit and the opposing unit,it helps raise your odds to win a battle.

Pair up bots give slower units like Generals, a chance to get to farther distances and be able to double or avoid.

I would say you might not need many probably a maximum of 1/4-1/2 your team,but you can do well without them in Awakening unless you're doing Apotheosis.

Ok, thanks for helping me understand supporting units quite a bit. So would this be a good support Avatar supporting Assassin Olivia(one of my lead units)?

Assassin: Dual Support+, Dual Guard+, Swordfaire, Solidarity, Anathema?

No, and Bow Knight mostly outclasses Assassin unless you really need the extra 1 Spd. Frankly, using the Avatar for a support build is incredibly wasteful.

I disagree on Bow Knight outclassing Assassin, difference is 5 speed and 5 skill, but i thought i read somewhere that the Avatar is a great support unit? And if not Avatar supporting Olivia, then Inigo is my only other option to support Olivia. Could Inigo be both Supporter and Lead Unit?

Luna, DG+, Swordfaire, Armsthrift, Galeforce

Edited by AssassinSevera

I disagree on Bow Knight outclassing Assassin, difference is 5 speed and 5 skill, but i thought i read somewhere that the Avatar is a great support unit? And if not Avatar supporting Olivia, then Inigo is my only other option to support Olivia. Could Inigo be both Supporter and Lead Unit?

Luna, DG+, Swordfaire, Armsthrift, Galeforce

Avatar is basically great in EVERY role, depending on your preference, due to the massive amounts of customization with them (only restriction being gender, really). So, you COULD have your Avatar as support. Most people just feel that Avatar is best as a frontliner.

No, and Bow Knight mostly outclasses Assassin unless you really need the extra 1 Spd. Frankly, using the Avatar for a support build is incredibly wasteful.

Ehh, that's iffy, and heavily considerable:

Assassin gives +4 STR and 1 SPD over Bow Knight at the cost of 1 SKL and MOV.

I kinda regret not rolling my Inigo as Assassin.

So who should be the one to support Olivia?

Im thinking MU because Inigo has Morgan, while im not using MU's wife(Tharja)

But maybe have only one supporting skill, either DS+ or DG+

DG+/DS+,Luna, Ignis, Swordfaire, Vantage

Or if both supporting skills, then replace vantage for it

Edited by AssassinSevera

so many questions.

He obviously wants to know more than just one thing.

I've been wondering if Dual X + stacks in a multiplier way or in a flat way. Does anyone know?

1. How do Supporting Units' skills look like? Would it be something like this? Dual Guard+, Dual Support+, Anathema, filler, filler?

2. Could someone give me an example of a supporting unit with an attacking unit?

3. Also, how many supporting units are supposed to be on the team?

You've got the general idea. But as someone mentioned, don't forget about the faire skills. A few more are demoiselle, charm, and stat x + 2 skills. I'm sure there's a complete list somewhere. Oh, and don't forget there's a thread for asking quick questions.

PS Question 2 makes me laugh.