Really look at Chrom! Brady

Everyone says that Chrom!Brady is awful due to overlap, but I hardly find that to be an issue. after all, the only problem with class overlap is lack of skills.

This is only bad if you're given a bad skillset, and you will not.

On my next Lunatic Playthrough, I will prove to the world that this Brady is still broken.

Maribelle! Lucina Sage (Brady too)

80 39 59 56 54 60 38 52 (limit broken)

Lucina Skills:Galeforce, LimitBreaker, Aether, Rightful King, (Dualstrike prob...)

Brady Skills:Galeforce,LimitBreaker,Rightful King, Dualguard, Luna

Notes: 1.I find it necessary for each person to have a minimum and a maximum of one offensive proc, Brady uses Luna well, as does everyone in this game.

2.Rightful king Dualguard doubles its effectiveness to a sick degree, and in an A support with lucina, you would Dualstrike 100% of the time, and guard 30-50?% percent of the time (prob 40 % to take no damage.)

3.If I am not logically refuted, I will have either Marry Mu to Brady or Lucina. (Both Aether and Rk sound nice for Morgan)

If Brady:Galeforce, Lb, RK, (Ignis/Luna/Astra/Sol), uh... Filler? Tomefaire?

If Lucina:Galeforce, LB, Aether,(Vantage,Wrath.. Something passive/offensive) uhh... Tomefaire?

In addition to kickass Morgan skills, your stats on a Magic/defense morgan will be

80 39 61 51 54 59 45 57 (Limit Broken)

Anything with a question mark needs clarification, or if you can prove me wrong,

IF CHROM!BRADY IS TRULY THE WORST, then please prove it.

Morgan's stats are from sorc, and I also forgot Armsthrift, for I am not against Nosferatanking at all.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Brady really gains nothing from Chrom, but that's alright, as Brady doesn't need anything but existence, and his entire skill set comes from his mother.

...This ultimately means we're looking at Mods, and Mods alone on him. And Chrom's mods just aren't great.

...That said, the only one to really benefit from Chrom is Inigo.

(And Aether on Morgan >>> RFK on Morgan. But Maribelle is the worst mother for Lucina in that case. [Olivia or Sumia is best there, leaning Olivia mostly]... and Aether is best used in conjunction with Luna (and maybe Ignis depending on stats))

Edited by Airship Canon

Gale, Luna, Agg, TF, LB.

Averages Chrom!Brady running your set [Target is "Generic Anna", as always]: [Pair Up is a Dark Flier, All Rallies, Tonics used]

Gale, Luna, RFK, DG+, LB

ATK with Forged CG: 88

SKL: 71 (81% Luna)

Average: 54.68

Chrom!Brady with Gale, Luna, Agg, TF, LB [50:50]

ATK (EP): 93

ATK (PP): 103

SKL: 71 (71% Luna)

Average: 62.88

Average (Full Aggressor): 67.88

Average (No Aggressor): 57.88

Ricken!Brady:

ATK (EP): 95

ATK (PP): 105

SKL: 70 (70% Luna)

Average: 64.6

Average: (Full Aggressor): 69.6

Average: (No Aggressor): 59.6

Not a big difference, but still notable.

[Also, the generic "no father necessary" skill set destroys the RFK set-- of the two Great Lord Skills, Aether's the one that has impact. RFK doesn't.]

Hmm...

I've done the, math, I checked your answers in theback of the book, and you are correct.

What you have just shown me is true, but it conveys something else to me.

By comparing Chrom to a highly voted Brady with little difference, you have shown that Chrom is indeed at least a B+ Brady in terms of a front-liner.

That being said, I mentioned that Brady's purpose is to be a support unit.

While those 2 damage are indeed significant, in Brady's position, they aren't as relevant.

However, your input on skills is something I have taken into account considerably. I'll probably incorporate Aggressor into there now.

Expanding on that, it's definitely Lucina Morgan if I decide on this.

MODEDIT: three times

Edited by Integrity

Hmm...

I've done the, math, I checked your answers in theback of the book, and you are correct.

What you have just shown me is true, but it conveys something else to me.

By comparing Chrom to a highly voted Brady with little difference, you have shown that Chrom is indeed at least a B+ Brady in terms of a front-liner.

That being said, I mentioned that Brady's purpose is to be a support unit.

While those 2 damage are indeed significant, in Brady's position, they aren't as relevant.

However, your input on skills is something I have taken into account considerably. I'll probably incorporate Aggressor into there now.

Never said he's bad, just "not great". Brady's unscrewable. If he exists, he's good. That's all there is too it.

Chrom has a huge impact on Inigo though.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tangerine, October 12, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Tangerine, October 12, 2013 - No reason given

Dude WrathNResolve, quit double posting!!!!!

Welcome to the Forest and all, but read the effing rules of the forum.

edit - see what I did here? It's called an edit. You do it with the edit button. Use it, it's your friend.

Edited by Hawk King

That is true, on my first Playthrough, my Cynthia was very powerful, and this pairing is just a more magical,(and male) version version of Cynthia, this time with Rightful king.

Personally, I found that Henry was Cynthia's best dad, because he blew her magic through the roof.

I'm not one of those people who demand a team of sorcs, and personally I find them redundant if you have more than 3,

But Cynthia becomes the second best magical support behind Brady, if Henry is her father.

Nobody, that is really profound, please explain why you like Maribelle! Lucina.

I'll toss an explanation in here.

-Still gives Peg Knight, with the best Magic mods to use the promotion well either way (more range for Rescue/Physic for FK, more tome shenanigans for DF).

-Valkyrie, which IMO is better than Sage outside of Tomefaire (which, BTW, Lucina still gets via the Mage line from Maribelle) due to more movement.

-Gets Dark Knight to exploit her sword ranking starting naturally high, plus better magic mods + magic growth allows for better balance.

-Still has GK from Chrom to get the LunaForce build everyone here loves so much.

Maribelle!Lucina is probably more balanced than Sumia!Lucina, which has the disadvantage of giving GK overlap via Knight, and giving only War Cleric as opposed to War Cleric & Valkyrie (she gets Tomefaire either way, so...)

IMO, if we're discounting Avatar & Maiden, it goes Maribelle (see above) > Sumia (above + better with other dads such as Henry or Frederick despite sheer GK overlap) > Olivia (Peg & Myrm are nice, but no magic classes hurt) > Sully (Cav overlap, and the only way Lucina can't get Galeforce) in terms of Lucina builds.

Chrom!Brady is kind of meh aside from mods, since all he gets is RK & Archer. He gets everything else he wants directly from Maribelle, though, and Brady's still Brady.

If we're looking at full optimization, I'd say it goes:

1. Maribelle - Best Lucina aside from FeMU, which gives Galeforce and a lot of Magic for versatility. Noteworthy in that she can wield all weapon types in multiple classes via this build. Meanwhile, Brady gets mods and RK, which helps him get Luna procs. He can do better though.

2. Olivia - Best Inigo due to RK and Luna, which gives him all he'd ever need (Maleforce/FOUR procs/AT/RK to boost said procs and AT), but hurts Lucina's versatility by leaving her with little magic outside of promoted Pegs.

3. Sumia - Lucina's good still with Cleric for Magic stuff and Peg for Galeforce. Cynthia's better with other dads (Henry/Frederick) though, and she really only gets Aether, Paladin & the Archer line from Chrom. IMO it's actually the worst Cynthia (Henry gives freak retard magic for Tomefaire DM, Fred gives Wyvern for Deliverer and a higher Strength mod, Gaius gives Vantage and two offensive procs), but it's still good.

4. Sully - GK overlap out the ass on both sides. Kjelle only gets Aether & the Archer line, which really sucks, and the mods are mediocre. Meanwhile, Lucina loses Galeforce in exchange for the Wyvern/Myrm lines, which is alright if only for procs + two more breakers.

Edited by Polydeuces

Interesting... I hadnt considered Dark knight...

So it looks like you really like this pairing, poly.

Though, I still think Olivia makes a better Lucina than Sumia.. She gets great strength, skill, and speed growths, while making her defense and resist pretty damn bad, which is easily fixed with an aegis. Triggered by her aforementioned skill Growth.

The only problem is her defense, and if she does get hurt, her Besty Aether fixes that easily enough.

Getting back on track, the most skill my team's gonna get is a hero Lon'qu Inigo at 61 Skill...(op as F*ck with Astra/sol)

But that's just my point! If begets all he needs to from Maribelle and Dlc, gets somewhat above par mods, and gets the best support ability, RK, then why is this considered to be bad from the entire Internet?

Edited by WrathN'Resolve

Interesting... I hadnt considered Dark knight...

So it looks like you really like this pairing, poly.

Though, I still think Olivia makes a better Lucina than Sumia.. She gets great strength, skill, and speed growths, while making her defense and resist pretty damn bad, which is easily fixed with an aegis. Triggered by her aforementioned skill Growth.

The only problem is her defense, and if she does get hurt, her Besty Aether fixes that easily enough.

Getting back on track, the most skill my team's gonna get is a hero Lon'qu Inigo at 61 Skill...(op as F*ck with Astra/sol)

DK is great if you want a magic/strength hybrid; it's not recommended for endgame unless you've built your skillset up ridiculously, but it works for Lifetaker and a tanky/high-move caster unit.

I've done Chrom/Maribelle a few times, partly because I like the supports (if at all possible, I always ship Lord/Troubadour pairings) and the optimization benefits are pretty easy to see (at least from Lucina's standpoint).

Olivia & Sumia are pretty even for Lucina IMO, but I went with Sumia over Olivia because of Sumia!Lucina's versatility. Sure, GK overlaps, but she gets a magic class to give her more versatility whenever you turn her Dark Flier for Galeforce (unless you pass it down directly) Olivia doesn't have that; thus Lucina ends up relying mainly on lances. The mods are better with Olivia, but Sumia's got more versatility skillwise.

But that's just my point! If he gets all he needs to from Maribelle and Dlc, gets somewhat above par mods, and gets the best support ability, RK, then why is this considered to be bad from the entire Internet?

Probably due to Chrom's mods being somewhat mediocre and wasting a Luna (though, to be fair, all his kids but Inigo waste Luna). The class inheritance is horribly inefficient, so people tend to look elsewhere for Brady pairings despite Brady being unfuckable and Lucina being at her most versatile with Maribelle.

Edited by Polydeuces

DK is great if you want a magic/strength hybrid; it's not recommended for endgame unless you've built your skillset up ridiculously, but it works for Lifetaker and a tanky/high-move caster unit.

I've done Chrom/Maribelle a few times, partly because I like the supports (if at all possible, I always ship Lord/Troubadour pairings) and the optimization benefits are pretty easy to see (at least from Lucina's standpoint).

Olivia & Sumia are pretty even for Lucina IMO, but I went with Sumia over Olivia because of Sumia!Lucina's versatility. Sure, GK overlaps, but she gets a magic class to give her more versatility whenever you turn her Dark Flier for Galeforce (unless you pass it down directly) Olivia doesn't have that; thus Lucina ends up relying mainly on lances. The mods are better with Olivia, but Sumia's got more versatility skillwise.

I see where you're getting at. True, she does fit as a bruiser that can take a beating, but... Idk, I like people to have cut and dry roles.

Owain as the best hybrid

Kjelle and nah as the best tanks

Lucina as a Guerilla or dark flier support

Cynthia as Dark flier support.

You get the idea.

I see where you're getting at. True, she does fit as a bruiser that can take a beating, but... Idk, I like people to have cut and dry roles.

Owain as the best hybrid

Kjelle and nah as the best tanks

Lucina as a Guerilla or dark flier support

Cynthia as Dark flier support.

You get the idea.

Owain really only works as a hybrid as a DK himself, since Lissa gives him Maleforce (which works really well with Lifetaker if needed) and has the pre-existing sword rank to work with it. There's a reason why people consider Libra and Ricken top-tier for him.

Kjelle generally blows in terms of inheritance, and Nah needs procs to be viable.

What're your pairings looking like aside from Chrom/Maribelle & Lon'qu/Olivia?

Probably due to Chrom's mods being somewhat mediocre and wasting a Luna (though, to be fair, all his kids but Inigo waste Luna). The class inheritance is horribly inefficient, so people tend to look elsewhere for Brady pairings despite Brady being unfuckable and Lucina being at her most versatile with Maribelle.

Well... I guess you're right, at least a few of us know the truth, eh?

I really appreciate your input, and I have decided to marry chrom and Maribelle, Mu and Lucina for the best magical Unit that I can think of while still using the best proc for damage and healing.

My pairings are Chrom and maribelle

Lon'qu and Olivia,

Libra and lissa

Gregor and miriel

Stahl and Cordelia

Frederick and cherche

Gaius and nowi

Ricken and tharja(meh)

Donnel and sully

Mu and Lucina

Sumia and Henry

Kellam and panne

Did I miss anyone?

Edited by eclipse
Fourth time in the same topic.

beautiful explanation

Fuck yes, Chrom/Maribelle is great.

Lon'qu/Maribelle is one of my favorite pairings in the game, but when Lon'qu's getting laid elsewhere (Panne, Cordelia, etc), Maribelle hooks up with Google Chrom.

Chrom!Brady is pretty mediocre as far as Bradys go, and Maribelle!Lucina is not notably better than other Lucinas. Brady has no need for Archer, and RK is fairly lame for a single, Skl% proc (as opposed to Skl/2%). Lucina could maybe take advantage of Maribelle's +2 Mag and Valkyrie, but she already has a fantastic physical set so it seems odd to throw that out the window.

Chrom x Olivia helps out Inigo a lot more than any of Chrom's other children, and still provides a powerful Lucina, which is why it's what I always recommend.

Edited by Meteor

I hate having to reiterate the fact that people seem to have forgotten why class overlap is bad.

It's because of lack of skills, but if he gets exactly what he needs from the classes that he DOES get, then there is no issue, at all.

It is also true that Inigo's best father is Chrom, and since I have tried that pair, I know how much Inigo really benefits from chrom.

However, if you paired Olivia with say... kellam, he'd get everything from chrom, save Rk, and archer.

Or Lon'qu and miss out on Luna in exchange for great mods or... Whatever Lon'qu gives him.

Brady gets overlap; Lucina gets classes she doesn't really care for along with conflicting mods. Also, Brady can still make use of things like Vantage, Deliverer, and/or mods that he can get from another father. Chrom marring Olivia means Brady can use one of the throwaway dads and Inigo doesn't have to use one of the good ones.

Edited by Meteor

the thing is... for the postgame I couldn't care less about the physical classes, since they lack Braves + 1-2 range. I make everyone of my male units sages and everyone of my female units dark fliers (except Nah, Gerome, Yarne and Kjelle).

It's boring, yes it is. But it's without a doubt the best combination, from a gameplay point of view. Of course, I'm only talking about the postgame, but in the main game the pairings don't matter at all.

Edited by Nobody