Can someone explain this? [Story/Pairing related]

Airship Canon

I've long said one of the best things about the MRobin/Lucina pairing is that, he's most liable to keep her near or with her family. [Going by their ending, despite Lucina's concerns in Hot Spring Scramble, they -do- stay together.]

Someone just tried to tell me that this is bad, and actually is a detriment to the pairing.

How exactly?

Lucina's (And to an extent, the other kids... Brady being another notable example.) "Now I must leave" attitude is shown actively to be a bad thing, and their parents want them to stay. Nothing outside of that over-serious-to-harmful attitude would suggest otherwise, and that is obviously a flaw, which is actually called out in Lucina's case.

So, can anyone give a legitimate reason why she "should" leave, beyond any "I'mnotfromthistimeIdon'tbelong"?

(note, when I say "legitimate reason", it must be backed with actual evidence, not conjecture)

Because time travel plot devices are easy to mess up really badly and this is what happened here. It's conveniently explaned away by saying 'alternate realities'

but it still doesn't explain any of the inconsistencies.

You know, there really is little to no evidence to even go with, so conjecture seems to be all we can do to try and justify her reasons for wanting to leave. Especially with MRobin's ending being vague and generic to anyone he marries, where it ends by saying "He loved his wife, *insert female* above all else". For all we know, she could have pulled an Est/Abel and leave anyway.

Anyway, my guess is because Lucina is of the Exalted bloodline, and everyone of Ylisse must already know of the birth of present Lucina. Her presence could very well bring confusion, and cause even more problems within the halidom for both having the Brand of the Exalt, and Falchion.

SInce there's vagueness, you can't have actual evidence. We DON'T know what happens. It's commonly assumed that she stays. Now, if I had to guess, it could be that the person was thinking of the political ramifications, just as Lucina did in the Hot Springs Convo, and felt that it was a negative to the pairing because no matter what the game itself does try to say, the Avatar isn't perfect and there WILL be some problems once people figure it out.

Why not ask him/her to explain instead of coming here? It's obviously an opinion, and that's best explained by the person him/herself, not people who don't have any idea who the person is.

Having her being Lucy and Lucy of the timeline at the same place sure feels awkward

..... either way I am sure most people are so stubborn with their pairing that they won't change their opinions or bother to explain it anyway, canon and logic be damned, so I don't see the purpose of this topic beside trying to make canon wars, and fail. I rike canon wals

Yeah, it would definitely be awkward. But I've seen fanfics where future Lucina and present Lucina do meet and future Lucina even helps take care of her. And there are comedic moments where Chrom says "Lucina?" and both Lucinas answer him, causing him to facepalm. lol

So as long as the confusion is explained and such, I guess it could work out okay.

The whole coming from different dimensions makes M!MyUnit x Lucina all the more romantic. So many conflictions, story-wise with this pairing, but so lovable all the same!

Yeah, it would definitely be awkward. But I've seen fanfics where future Lucina and present Lucina do meet and future Lucina even helps take care of her. And there are comedic moments where Chrom says "Lucina?" and both Lucinas answer him, causing him to facepalm. lol

So as long as the confusion is explained and such, I guess it could work out okay.

TGFFF!

She should leave because as a blood relative to Chrom, she has a claim to his throne. She would be Exalt before her timeline B self due to the fact that she's older. Thus, to preserve the lineage she should leave.