AnonymousSpeed

Do you hate Lyn?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

• Yes
    • YES!!!!!!!

There's no actual proof that Lyn's tribe had the bow in the first place, though. I'm sure that Sacae is a bigger area than the camp that Lyn's tribe happened to live in.

Not only is there no proof, but the fact that the tribe was wiped out makes this rather unlikely.

I don't see how this is relevant, seeing how the weapons aren't bloodline looked. Everyone could use them in FE6, and Hector used Durban's axe despite being no descendant of his.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50. She killed poor defenceless Lungdren mercilessly because she wanted to seize power of a territory that she had never even been to before let alone knew of its existence. Greedy green haired bitch

• 2 weeks later...

54. She doesn't care that her grandfather tried to have her mother and father murdered.

Well, maybe she didn't know that much. But at worst, she already knew that there was all kinds of family drama going on.

You would think that she would have more to say about the guy who rejected her mother other then: "I have a grandfather! Yay!"

It's one thing to forgive. It's another, not to acknowledge that something bad happened in the first place.

55. The inconsistencies with her tribe.

The game can't decide whether she is the last surviving member of the Lorca or if there are other survivors that merely wouldn't follow her because she is a woman.

56. IS seems to have gone out of there way to make Lyn's existence as unlikely as possible.

They ignored that it was established in FE6, that Sacean women would rarely fight and if they did, they would use bows.

That would actually be cool because it was stupid anyway(see next point) ...if IS also didn't decided that her clan was "old fashioned" and that they "wouldn't follow a woman" as a leader. Something that was described as merely unusual, suddenly became the subject of tradition.

And they even made Lyn a member of a tribe who was particular bad above these things.

Not to mention that she is the daughter of the clan's chieftain. She would be even less likely to be able to go against tradition then anyone else.

57. Speaking off, it's completely moronic that a Sacean tribe being "old fashioned" would mean that they not allow women to lead or fight anyway. That entire stupid nation was founded by a female war hero.

Edited by BrightBow

If anyone thinks Lyn's a bad unit, they're wrong in so many ways.

That Mani Katti is fucking brilliant at slaughtering cavalry and armors, even if her STR blows.

...And naturally having high skill and crit.

Her completely useless access to bows upon promotion.

That the Matti Katti has no backstory. It's supposedly a sacred sword that is stuck in a shrine that people pray too. You would think there would be some more to it.

Why pray to the sword? Where does it come from that it has such significance? Why is only Lyn capable of using it?

No explanations whatsoever.

The Sol Katti does not only completely negate the only advantage that Lyn has over people with actual durability but it's actually weaker then a mere Silver Sword.

33. The fact that the Soul Katti has no backstory either. That it's just a random weapon which just so happens to be on the level of those Holy Weapons that extinguished the entire dragon race, that Athos kept hidden under his bed or something.

34. Which is made all the worse because of the fact that there is a perfectly fine holy bow of Sacae available:

The Murgleis, the perfect choice for a proud Sacean capable of using bows.

But apparently Athos had the time to face the challenges of ancient tomes protect by magic long forgotten and the spirits of warriors fallen long ago in order to retrieve the Durandal and the Armadas... but it was too much effort to retrieve the Murgleis from an ordinary tent.

32. Actually, they explained that only someone who isn't tainted and greedy minded gets to behold the sword. Glass couldn't pull it, because he only wanted it which Lyn didn't care for it beforehand. But...it blows that no backstory was heard upon it. -.-

33. A weapon that should have never existed.

34. They didn't. It was from the temple from ch20x(FE6)

There's no actual proof that Lyn's tribe had the bow in the first place, though. I'm sure that Sacae is a bigger area than the camp that Lyn's tribe happened to live in.

^This.

Not only is there no proof, but the fact that the tribe was wiped out makes this rather unlikely.

I don't see how this is relevant, seeing how the weapons aren't bloodline looked. Everyone could use them in FE6, and Hector used Durban's axe despite being no descendant of his.

Of course. This isn't FE4.

-----

59. She gives up on men that has knowledge on boats(pirates) thinking that they are all evil and not finding out that vengeance isn't justice. If she understood that, maybe she'd find peace.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

32. Actually, they explained that only someone who isn't tainted and greedy minded gets to behold the sword. Glass couldn't pull it, because he only wanted it which Lyn didn't care for it beforehand. But...it blows that no backstory was heard upon it. -.-

No, it wasn't. And the Priest and the Knights didn't sound like anyone but Lyn could have drawn it.

Priest: I never dared hope that I might meet the wielder of the Mani Katti in my life. I am indeed fortunate to see your sword reach your hands.

Kent: It’s not so strange. In fact, many legends tell similar tales… Special blades all over the land call out to their proper owners. And yet, when I saw you draw that blade, Lyndis… I felt something extraordinary. That sword was waiting for you. You were meant to draw it.

Lyn: It… does feel right in my hand. A blade that only I can wield. That seems reasonable enough. I can understand that.

Glass is merely mentioned to be rejected by the spirits. There is no mentioning why.

Priest: The spirits of the blade have judged you. You have been found waiting. They have rejected you.

Man, it's such an absurd chapter. Lyn just casually becomes the chosen of Excalibur.

But unlike the actual Excalibur, drawing the Matti Katti means nothing but that you can use the Matti Katti. ...a sword with no backstory.

33. A weapon that should have never existed.

I'm glad we agree on that.

34. They didn't. It was from the temple from ch20x(FE6)

No, it wasn't. It's in a tent. On a grassy field.

A video of the map:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb07DGJlvbQ

^This.

I never claimed the Lorca had the bow in the first place. (Which would be absurd) So I still don't see how this is relevant.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 weeks later...

65. She is portrayed as a weak typical woman because she shows sadness toward the loss of loved ones and family.

Stolen from a Metroid Other M hate thread.