Ace Attorney's Best Villains and Freak-Outs!

iHeartLibra

Ace Attorney's Best Villains and Freak-Outs!  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most evil in ace attorney history?

• Dahlia Hawthorne
    • Kristoph Gavin
    • Matt Engarde
    • Damon Gant
    • Manfred Von Karma
  2. 2. Who has the best freak out?

• Dahlia Hawthorne
    • Matt Engarde
    • Kristoph Gavin
    • Damon Gant
    • Manfred Von Karma

Damon Gant's electric rage is so over the top, it's the best. I also really liked how Matt Engarde transformed when he took off his facade, so he's my favourite villain.

Manfred Von Karma stands for everything the Ace Attorney series' message deplores, and his defeat is pretty awesome even if it didn't exactly push the animation department to its limits, but Gant's freakout (to say nothing of the beautiful, beautiful rest of him) is among the greatest works of pixel art I've ever seen. (followed closely by those of the rest of them)

Dahlia for most evil. Hands down. That girl caused so much pain to so many people orz

My vote for best freak out goes to Von Karma though. That wall headbash (Which you could opt to go on forever if you wanted haha) was amazing. Matt's was also kind of freaky from what I can remember. He scratches his face right? ;;;

• 5 weeks later...

Von Karma I'd say is the most evil out of the bunch. He's arguably the cause of a major portion of the original trilogy, tbh. That and his scheme was taken down only by a mere bluff!

Dahlia's plans were pretty simple compared to what he did and she failed miserably at every attempt of hers.

Best freak out was Gant's, though. (actually it was REALLY satisfying to take him out. Mostly cuz of that cool bluff phoenix pulls off)

Nothing beats Dahlia. Trolling Godot should mean something, too. But the best freak out goes to Count Manfred von Dracula. "Enough talk, have at you, wall!"

Von Karma is the most evil, for sure. Dahlia does most of what she does to save herself and she also had a crappy childhood. Engarde and Gant cannot compete because neither of them affected the story majorly enough. Gavin and Von Karma are pretty close, but Gavin pretty much just took away Wrights badge and killed Misham and Trucys dad, while Von Karma killed Edgeworths dad and made him the monster he is at the beginning of the series, as well as corrupts Yogi, and he sends god knows how many innocents to death row with forged evidence. My dream is to become a prosecutor, and Von Karma represents everything I want to fix about the legal system. Dahlia has the best breakdown because it is basically a culmination of her failures. She really was the dragon to Morgan Feys plans, albeit with her own agenda.

I would say that Dahlia is the most evil of the "main baddies", but she's also the least competent which is a little disappointing.

If it was just about their murder victims I would pick Manfred as the least evil since unlike the others he did't plan his murder beforehand. He just happened to find a gun and his victim at the right time. Still a horrible and petty act, but you could say he was still in massive shock. He received a lot of evil points for what he did to Edgeworth though so that earns him a high spot too.

Best breakdown is Engarde. There is little that can beat someone clawing his own face off.

Edited by Sasori

In my opinion, the baddest bad was Quercus Alba. An entire country suffered because of him.

But as he's not an option, I voted for Von Karma.

As for the best breakdown, once again my pick isn't on here, but it goes to the Phantom from Dual Destinies.

Just... wow...

Anyway, I voted for Kristoph.

Kristoph_Breaks_3.gif

• 2 years later...

I voted for Kristoph in both categories. His motive was just selfish until the bitter end,and he kept it for seven long years. His motive was thrash,but it was pure evilness. The best freakout would be a tie between him and Von Karma,so I voted for the one with least votes.

[spoiler=AAI2-5]We need Simon on this list. He would defeat anyone here. He doesn't have a freakout,but his breakdown is satisfying(I think?)

Edited by Ace Pelleas

In my opinion, the baddest bad was Quercus Alba. An entire country suffered because of him.

But as he's not an option, I voted for Von Karma.

Kristoph_Breaks_3.gif

The only problem with Quercus is the fact that he wouldn't admit until the bitter end and most people found it boring for a testimony last so long. But he was a good villain

Dahlia for both. Gant is my favorite villain and has one of my favorite breakdowns, but Dahlia was literally evil out of the womb. She is her mother's child after all.

The crowning moment of T&T was Mia's "Reason Why You Suck Speech" and Dahlia's subsequent exorcism.

The Magatama symbolizing her passage from the world was the perfect icing on the cake and I have never experienced such a feeling of triumph and jubilation during any of the games since playing that moment for the first time.