Zanryu's Works

Zanryu

Thanks guys! :D

And yes, I'm very much alive. Parenthood is a drain on time, but I'm off work for another week and a half, so it's not so bad. xD

70cd27c42bc740133efa2007483a8c4a.png

yo wb zan

so a couple of quick things, since the sprite's mostly okay as it is

1) did a couple tweaks on the face; moved eye up one and brought cheek in a little

2) body is really small and should probs be extended a bit

3) a lot of the body shading seems all right, but is maybe shaded in a way that makes her ribcage/diaphragm area look swollen

4) spaulder is like sticking to her shoulder; move that up and off a little

5) really high boobs, though just as somebody who does have/wear a binder, unless you have like huge boobs, a bind will generally get you quite flat; for somebody like her, who i'm assuming probably isn't a fuckin' d cup, she should be pretty much functionally flat with a proper bind

6) shoulder straps; lower strap on the far side would probably work better if it were going under the armpit instead of underboob; having shit dig into your underboob is awful, and if she's trying to hide her gender, having something under there that'd accentuate a boob rather than flatten it down might not be something she'd want

7) angle on body vs head is kind of awk; body is more forward-facing shading-wise, whereas head isn't

Woo! Thanks for the great advice! Working off of Wendy's face made it a bit weird to find a good spot for different eyes - looks great that way!

And it's my first shot at a half body so I'll definitely work on it some! I appreciate the assistance. :P And I also felt the breasts were a bit overdone, but I'll work on it! She's tiny to begin with, never even thought of binding her chest though. That's my oversight!

Eyyy, I'm liking her design. The shading is really neat, too. I gotta study how to sprite like this. :D The highlight shading on the stomach looks a bit awkward to me though, but it might be just me. The large highlight makes it looks like the stomach area is a little too obtrusively round. Maybe a few cloth folds to separate the light a bit? I dunno. Either way, it's looking great!

Eyyy, I'm liking her design. The shading is really neat, too. I gotta study how to sprite like this. :D The highlight shading on the stomach looks a bit awkward to me though, but it might be just me. The large highlight makes it looks like the stomach area is a little too obtrusively round. Maybe a few cloth folds to separate the light a bit? I dunno. Either way, it's looking great!

My exact thoughts; I couldn't get the shading right or figure out a good way to continue any folds without making it look obnoxious and loose, so I sort of just left it as a place holder for the time being. Got an Xbox One the other day, so I've been a bit preoccupied, I'll get back to this some time soon!

Thanks guys! :D

And yes, I'm very much alive. Parenthood is a drain on time, but I'm off work for another week and a half, so it's not so bad. xD

Another sprite daddy? Sweet! :D *makes Zan and himself official unofficial club membership cards*

...no longer so lonely... ;-;

;) :p

As for the sprite itself, its turning out well. I like your design and color choices. But yeah, as some have said, she isn't hiding her feminine assets quite so well atm. Torso area is definitely a bit too curvaceous. :o

The strap on OPV left feels a little too diagonal atm as well. Should curve over the shoulder/collarbone a bit more?

Edited by ErrantShepherd

• 2 weeks later...

Another sprite daddy? Sweet! :D *makes Zan and himself official unofficial club membership cards*

...no longer so lonely... ;-;

;) :p

As for the sprite itself, its turning out well. I like your design and color choices. But yeah, as some have said, she isn't hiding her feminine assets quite so well atm. Torso area is definitely a bit too curvaceous. :o

The strap on OPV left feels a little too diagonal atm as well. Should curve over the shoulder/collarbone a bit more?

Yay for fatherhood! Woo!

And I'll definitely look into that; haven't died! Just got back to work this past week, got an Xbox One a few weeks ago and have loads of games to play at the moment (Fallout 4, Halo 5 and the whole Gears of War series to replay... yikes!), so I haven't been hitting the computer too much. At all, actually; not in over a week. I'll likely be putting Ellie on hold, I have a concept in mind for a new character!

• 2 years later...

So, I live once more, cheers to Integrity for getting access to my account back for me (damn you, defunct emails from my childhood!)

I did a thing. It's incomplete, but it is a thing.

EllieCompare.gif

Edited by Zanryu

• 2 weeks later...

So I've done a bit more, still incomplete but coming along. Working with a lot of different ideas for the shading and finally getting somewhere I like!

EllieWIP.png.25be01f5cf3ed825538650437ee6dd07.png

EllieCompare.gif.3da908fb1c144729a50098f479370be3.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, been a while since I've posted here, huh?

nMjxAXl.png

eOiApPN.png

RRMywvB.png

A couple things made for a hack.

Ue2oy7u.png

A thing for another hack.

VvS7y76.png

A thing... just because?

Been working on a thing, and this is a pretty big milestone for me - still incomplete and will be returning to parts of the body for tweaks as I go forward, but for now, here she is.

100% custom, not a single borrowed pixel.

Ltjhm5Q.pngFp10l3W.gif

• 4 weeks later...

How come no one commented your last sprite, cause it's a really good one! I love the details in his hair and how natural it looks. Only thing I could critisize is its too soft jawline. If he's 15-16 keep that jawline, but if he's an adult, I think you should make it a tiny bit squarer. But it's more a personnal opinion more than a ''real'' issue =P

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 10:45 PM, Kratos Aurion said:

How come no one commented your last sprite, cause it's a really good one! I love the details in his hair and how natural it looks. Only thing I could critisize is its too soft jawline. If he's 15-16 keep that jawline, but if he's an adult, I think you should make it a tiny bit squarer. But it's more a personnal opinion more than a ''real'' issue =P

Wow, I just came through to look for an old friend’s thread and find a comment. Nice!

This one is actually a ~20ish year old female, but she’s very much NOT feminine, hence the somewhat androgynous appearance. Thank you though for the comment! I’m rather used to people passing through without posting by now however - it’s one of the reasons I stopped spriting for 8 years.

3 hours ago, Zanryu said:

Thank you though for the comment! I’m rather used to people passing through without posting by now however - it’s one of the reasons I stopped spriting for 8 years.

you should probably try out DeviantArt and/or other websites dedicated to art in general.

this forum isn't exactly the best for sharing your artworks(i play with sprites as well sometimes), and most people will just take a look without giving feedback.

overall, i think your sprites are fine. probably more detailed and polished compared to other spriters i've seen before.

16 hours ago, Fenreir said:

you should probably try out DeviantArt and/or other websites dedicated to art in general.

this forum isn't exactly the best for sharing your artworks(i play with sprites as well sometimes), and most people will just take a look without giving feedback.

overall, i think your sprites are fine. probably more detailed and polished compared to other spriters i've seen before.

I’ve found deviantArt tends to be just as hard a sell in the past - I am in a few Discord servers now with some of the prominent spriters and hackers in the community now, so I’m not totally without an audience. I’m also active on FEU, but rarely swing by here anymore.

I appreciate the compliment - I’ve been improving some since I posted Christina (red haired cav), working on a couple techniques and trying some new things as I go. I may have something to post here soon!

• 4 weeks later...