So today in school I was made fun of for being a virgin.

IceBrand

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot more women than you'd think on the internet really

We just don't talk as much because harassment is a thing we have to deal with every time we /dare/ have opinions

yeah get back to the kitchen and continue making sandwiches and sprites! or whatever it is that you do now.

Edited by dondon151

I stab people in the neck these days

you just sentenced more people to death

good job don

That's a silly reason.

If one can't be "themselves" on the Internet (or try to express something they wouldn't irl) then I don't understand.

I have not been approached by creepy assholes since I changed my display to male

Think on that

Also that recent thread where Free got creeped upon?

Also while I haven't seen this happen on SF personally, in many places on the internet if a woman dares speak an opinion that some dudes don't agree with the level of vitriol she receives in return is disgusting

And don't tell me it's "criticism" because there's a difference between legitimate criticism of opinions and dialogue, and personal attacks and threats

Nowhere is safe

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Well, the only thing I'm aware was that little thing like 2 years back...unless there was more harassment from others here?

Also, what topic are you referring to? (the one from Freohr, I mean)

I think women mostly get called on the Internet for being a female gamer, or something...

I changed my display to male a very long time ago you probably just didn't notice

It was that topic where Free wanted a dress and was sad about height and then there's a bunch of dudes being awful creeps

urgh

That's only a small fraction of what we actually has to deal with

I'm saying that statistics are patterns, not definites, so all because 90% of the time Thing A happens doesn't mean that it always or even regularly happens here.

SF has a decent number of users, though. If you assume that 60% of males masturbate and there exist 500 SF males sampled randomly from the globe, the odds that only half or fewer of the members in the 500-person sample masturbate is about 1 in 262,000; in other words, the odds are extremely high that the majority of males in that sample masturbate.

Edited by Nessie

And I'm apologize for calling you out on it.

Hey, no problem.

I changed my display to male a very long time ago you probably just didn't notice

It was that topic where Free wanted a dress and was sad about height and then there's a bunch of dudes being awful creeps

urgh

That's only a small fraction of what we actually has to deal with

No where is safe for anyone, man or woman.

Why don't you guys want to have sex, though? Our reasons could differ!

In my opinion, it's just a waste of time for me. I'd rather do something like...make a video game or create some great idea or learn more of the universe than do what there are over 7 billion others to do in my stead.

this is such a quaint mode of thinking. virginity is not something that should be prized, or even valued at all. cultures that prize virginity also tend to objectify women and encourage backwards, irrational practices.

Yet that should never be a reason to shame someone for being a virgin. Virgin shaming is a thing. Some people ARE proud of being a virgin. While i agree its kinda silly to think you are on a moral highground if you are a virgin, its a terribly shitty thing to shame someone for it.

Young men get shamed for being virgins a lot more than girls do. While virgin shaming happens quite a bit among females, males get most of it. Its pretty ridiculous that our society expects males to be promiscuous but shames girls who are promiscuous. Its just such an oxymoron.

OP, get better friends. You dont need to do something you dont feel ready in doing just because of peer pressure. Fuck that noise.

I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't want to EVER lose their virginity and refuses to have sex at all (especially since there are other, less painful and risky ways to get what one calls an orgasm).

But anyway, anyone that bullies someone else because they haven't had sex is just stupid. You don't have to have sex to enjoy life or show you love another person or anything. If someone has a problem with me choosing to stay abstinent, then woop-dee-do, I don't give a damn. It's my choice, they can deal with it and leave me be.

In fact, it's almost as bad as bullying someone for their sexuality.

Awww you've grown so much. Making Mama Florina proud! But i must say it is just as bad as bullying someone for their sexuality. Some people really dont have as much of a natural pull to do the horizontal polka as others. Its just who they are. Its who you are that you dont want to get freaky. We shouldnt bully anyone based on their lifestyles. I dont like the whole furry thing, but im not about to bully people who are into that.

Why don't you guys want to have sex, though? Our reasons could differ!

After a certain point, with me, it comes off feeling like a chore. Im one of those people who want to do the nasty on my own terms. When in relationships, i ended up gettin' bizzay in order to please my partner more than pleasing myself. The only times i had a good time with that was when my own needs were involved.

Virgin shaming is a thing. Some people ARE proud of being a virgin. While i agree its kinda silly to think you are on a moral highground if you are a virgin, its a terribly shitty thing to shame someone for it.

Young men get shamed for being virgins a lot more than girls do. While virgin shaming happens quite a bit among females, males get most of it. Its pretty ridiculous that our society expects males to be promiscuous but shames girls who are promiscuous. Its just such an oxymoron.

OP, get better friends. You dont need to do something you dont feel ready in doing just because of peer pressure. Fuck that noise.

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Though I suppose that the disparity there doesn't really work towards the OP's favor in this case, as he's still being pressured... in any case, forcing yourself to conform to an image that your "friends" want you to isn't right in any capacity. If you can't get them off your case, I'd also advise finding some more empathetic company.

Edited by Green Poet

Also while I haven't seen this happen on SF personally, in many places on the internet if a woman dares speak an opinion that some dudes don't agree with the level of vitriol she receives in return is disgusting

i've considered misogyny to be facetious in personal circles, which is why it's always jarring to me that not only are there men lurking the internet who are freely and cruelly misogynistic, but also that they are probably entirely serious.

and because misogyny has such a long history and is deeply rooted within many cultures, a misogynistic comment cuts far deeper than a comparable misandristic retort.

Edited by dondon151

misogyny is too mainstream

get on that misandry bandwagon

How 'bout we all treat each other with respect, because we're human first and foremost?

As for the topic at hand. . .that's none of anyone's business, and don't be ashamed to tell others that!

it's a reasonable assumption to make:

- SF is predominantly male

- 95% of males masturbate

also btw I'm pretty sure that 90% of women masturbate, only they tend to lie about it, which is something that's always baffled me.

also btw I'm pretty sure that 90% of women masturbate, only they tend to lie about it, which is something that's always baffled me.

they only lie to you specifically, sorry to break it to you cuz

Edited by black op: skyfang

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin. People who make fun of other people for being virgins are the real idiots. There are many, MANY practical reasons to not be sexually active, and when you're in high school, not being sexually active is the smartest choice of them all! Heck, when I went to high school everyone I was friends with never did anything like that, and over a decade later none of us still have. There's no shame in that.

If people make fun of you for being a virgin, tell them, "I'm sorry that I have far more important things to worry about, like my future, and that you don't value your future enough if you have time to be screwing around."

Yes

And love the pun there at the end. =3

what?? there's nothing wrong in being a virgin, seriously you must stand proud since, it proves that you are one of the only few who still keep "purity/goodwill" in your life,

besides, first nights are supposed to be someone you really mean with, and prepared for the rest, not with some random slut for fun like all those stupid un-virgins,

seriously, they all can just screwing their life and die like i care,,