[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

Seconding Silver Lightning's idea in the other topic:

Actually, I've been meaning to ask, would anyone like to put up a casual battle thead (as in, non-competitive battling)? I've hardly EV trained my pokemon at all since I just wanted to get through the game and didn't really have time. I wanted to know if anyone else wanted to battle with pokemon not trained or specifically built for the competitive scene, since over the years I have had fun battling with siblings and friends, with none of us ever EV training in the slightest.

Of course, we could also have a competitive battling thread; just really wanted to ask about casual battling since I don't see that quite as often. And it gets boring steamrolling the AI after a while...

Here we go, then.

If you like to play casual and want to have some non-competitive matches, just write here.

We can use this topic to comment ALL the battles as well~ this way we'll keep the forum cleaner.

Please post your code in this other topic. If you want to add someone, just say it in that topic. I'll just copy-paste the list from there, so that we don't have to hunt down codes in more threads.

Active players:

SerenesNickname/3DSname/In-game-name Competitive/Casual Preferred kinds of battle

Kon/Kay/Lucia 1607-2073-3281 Casual

Fruit Insanity/Neal/X 1805-3417-7671 Mostly Competitive

Alfred Kamon/Alfred/Alfred Kamon 3909-7667-0449 Competitive All

shyteddie/Shy Tenda/Xylo 0490 5280 8199 Mostly Casual

DodgeDusk/Dusk/Dusk 3668-8055-4125 Both! Single

Nobody/Daniel/Daniel 2063-0086-1010 Mostly Competitive

Silver Lightning/Ariadne/Amoret 2723-8843-7042 Casual

Spaceman Craig/-3-/Lin 3454-0315-2195 Competitive Single

Kinumi/Kinumi/Kinumi 0576-3536-2155 Casual

Sylphid/Sylpheed/Bianca 1805-2447-8856 Casual

Knight/lol hax/Adam 1091 - 7617 - 5179 Casual

Bre-Z/Shadow/Justin 3222-6419-8950 Casual

SecondWorld/David/David 3780-9533-5399 Mostly competitive Single and Rotation

Melonhead/Melonhead/Kevin 0173-1883-7315 Casual

Gregosa//Gregnofool 1461-7199-4510 Mostly Competitive Single & Rotation (only 6vs6)

Anacybele/KelKel/Kerena: 1091-7971-9087 All

Sasori/Pieter/ 2191-7770-7149 All?

Siegmund// 2680-9673-0861 All?

Gcubedude/Gcubedude/Cody 3909-7618-0953 Casual Single (preferred) and Double

SwiftStrike// 1203 - 9297 - 6680 Casual Single

Shuuda// Silver 1048-8708-5581 Competitive

AssassinSevera// Woody 5429-7872-6019 Mostly Competitive

Avarice_Shadow // Avarice 2466-2105-5640 All?

Waiting for confirmation:

WanderingMage/Casey/Cyrus 3153-3531-8688 ?

meibum/Katrina/Katrina 3153-4176-3930 ?

Laurent~/Matt/Vincent 1177-6959-9610 ?

Acacia Sgt 1306-5372-1341 ?

sawslothducksaucestrawman/Adam/Adam 2122-5622-4878 ?

Ether/Melody/Selena 1848-3079-1042 ?

DualSilverGunner/Derek 4828-4279-3653 ?

Karaszure 3136-6671-5270 ?

Alg 0232-8031-8561 ?

Hawkeye/Hawkeye 2079-6416-3077 ?

ponesjones/mustardear/ 4313-0949-0655 ?

Vicious Sal/Falco/Falco 1977-0131-4332 ?

Rothene/Rothene/Rothene 2406-6570-5172 ?

Sartek/sartek/ 2079-6270-5782 ?

Shelie// 4468-1013-9845 ?

Avarice_Shadow/Avarice/ 2466-2105-5640 ?

roymbrog// 1676-3902-1143 ?

Lordofhomer/Michael/ 4854-6877-0047 ?

Flandre/ シャーリ /Serena 1607-2706-8655 ?

L95//Lin//Lindsy 4596-9460-1427 ?

SB./Charlie/Charlie 2337-3158-6749 ?

eclipse// 0490-5014-2440 ?

Skyward/Skyward/Joshua 4897-6215-7029 ?

arvilino/Azzie/Azzie 2449-4649-4995 ?

29918071//Olivia 3308-4829-2719 ?

AthenaWyrm//Sean 5343-8149-0012 ?

Spiky// 5284-1485-2679 ?

MagicLeafy/Mandy/Mandy 3411-0789-7076 ?

Sumia// 1977-0564-6708 ?

TheVinceKnight// 4038-6570-1338 ?

WobblyBlissey// 1547-6613-0283 ?

Helios// 3866-8068-9897 ?

Ƶerker// 0619-3223-8530 ?

Falter// 0173-2712-9080 ?

Please tell me in which category you usually play, so that I can update the list.

Have fun, everyone!

Update: Also, why don't we keep track of our best battles? There is a nice key item that you obtain after beating the Elite Four that allows you to record your battles and to share them with others! It's simple: you just have to be connected to the internet within the game, and then click to that key item to upload the videos. When you're not connected, you can battle the team of the players you recorded, controlled by the AI, in a "simulation battle". Cool~

Competitive:

> Fruity Insanity vs Alfred Kamon (Double Battle): KA8G-WWWW-WWW2-5AE3

> Richard vs Alfred Kamon (Single Battle): PUHG-WWWW-WWW2-5DSD

> Alfred Kamon vs Spaceman Craig (Single Battle): VNSG-WWWW-WWW2-GJNT

Casual:

> 10/17/13 Alfred Kamon vs Kon (Single Battle): ALVW-WWWW-WWWX-DA5Z

> 10/20/13 Andy & Alfred Kamon vs Kon & Melonhead (Multiple Battle): VGLG-WWWW-WWWX-Y53V

> 10/20/13 DodgeDusk VS Bre-Z (Single Battle w/ storymode teams): AB4W-WWWW-WWWX-L4YJ

> 11/06/13 Sylphid & AssassinSevera VS DodgeDusk & Bre-Z (Multiple Battle): 9WNG-WWWW-WWW2-YVGY

NPC:

> SecondWorld vs Battle Mansion: 3LBG-WWWW-WWW2-HSAL

Just tell me if you want to share a battle and I'll put the code in this post.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks! I'm glad you liked my idea!

I am and have been mostly a casual player, but with the advent of super training, and making it easier than ever has been to EV train, I may try joining the competitive scene once I actually have time to sit down and build a team. Until then, I'll be around for casual battles for any of us who don't play competitively.

Edited by Silver Lightning

Might as well~

Sf name- Bre-Z currently

3DS name- Shadow

In-game name- Justin

In game nickname- Breezy

Friend code in my sig

I'm more casual but I like training up what I think are good Pokemon with good movesets for competetive.

Added you in the list and in my friend list. My code is above there.

Did you post it in the other topic as well, anyway?

Please post your code in this other topic. If you want to add someone, just say it in that topic. I'll just copy-paste the list from there, so that we don't have to hunt down codes in more threads.

It's better to post codes only in one topic... the other one.

@Silver Lightning: No problem! ^^
If you actually decide to make a competitive team, just tell me and I'll update the first post.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I guess I'm a casual player, since I tend to train only the Pokémon that appeal to me aesthetically. I always up for casual battles, but be warned: I suck at battling...@_@

Also,

Added you~

SecondWorld/David/David

I just posted my friend code in the Friend Safari thread.

I'm mostly competitive, but I have yet to start EV/IV training, so I will be using my in-game team until then.

For the record, I prefer single and rotation battles.

Edited by SecondWorld

Mostly Casual. Never participated to any Competitive battle, and use mostly Pokemon I like.

Even if all my Pokemon are fully EV trained, Halfof them are EV all along the place.

Since my team consist of many different Pokemon, and I always have 2 Pokemon that aren't made for Battle (Diggersby, my HM Slave, Pick Up User, and Either Lapras/Ptera), I'll mostly recontact you once my team is Battle Ready.

Casual for now, I'll get to a competitive at some point, and even when I have a competitive team, if someone wants to fight me casually ill accept.

When your Lucario outsped Mega Lucario, I was liek

tumblr_m2xc9rXBDt1ru7ftzo1_400.gif

Ahahah it was you!! I remember it now. When you Megaevolved I thought I was going to lose, but luckily Ryo-kun was faster. >o<

dat gif is epic XD

Anyway!! Updated the first post with the newest codes, also adding the preferred kinds of battle.

Moreover, I thought that it'd be fun if everyone shared their favorite battles against the other members of SF (or random people, why not) so that others can understand the discussions better and also see how other people fight.

As of now, I've uploaded my battle against Kon. It was a really close match, I definitely enjoyed it. If you don't want to have it shared, I'll remove the code asap.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Casual for now. Have a bunch of fully ev trained Pokemon in HeartGold, but they're a bit outdated.

When your Lucario outsped Mega Lucario, I was liek

tumblr_m2xc9rXBDt1ru7ftzo1_400.gif

Since on the turn that something Mega Evolves, it uses it's original Spd stat, it's not really surprising. Either he was just faster, or won a Spd tie or something.

Since on the turn that something Mega Evolves, it uses it's original Spd stat, it's not really surprising. Either he was just faster, or won a Spd tie or something.

It really does use the original Spd stat? I didn't know that.

It really does use the original Spd stat? I didn't know that.

Everything so far would indicate that, yeah. Considering that Luc has base 90 and Mega Luc is thought to hover around 115, you would have needed to do some crazy hoops to outspeed otherwise.

This is why you carry Vacuum Wave

Everything so far would indicate that, yeah. Considering that Luc has base 90 and Mega Luc is thought to hover around 115, you would have needed to do some crazy hoops to outspeed otherwise.

This is why you carry Vacuum Wave

Mine has Hasty nature with 200+ EVs in Speed, his isn't EVsed as he stated. So it'd be quite possible for me to outspeed him in any case, if his has a neutral nature and/or few EVs in Speed.

But in any case it'd be difficult. Interesting, I have to test it out.

Wacuum Wave with Adaptability after a Nasty Plot... omg OP

Edit: Just had a battle against shyteddie. It was fun! I saved it, so if you want I can upload it. That MegaCharizardX gave me some trouble, haha!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Mine has Hasty nature with 200+ EVs in Speed, his isn't EVsed as he stated. So it'd be quite possible for me to outspeed him in any case, if his has a neutral nature and/or few EVs in Speed.

But in any case it'd be difficult. Interesting, I have to test it out.

Wacuum Wave with Adaptability after a Nasty Plot... omg OP

Edit: Just had a battle against shyteddie. It was fun! I saved it, so if you want I can upload it. That MegaCharizardX gave me some trouble, haha!

Your Ryo is deadly fast. If my Charizard X was able to act first, I may have been able to defeat it.

You're really strong, but it was an interresting fight.

I had a battle against Nobody/Daniel yesterday (I think), and he destroyed all my team, except Charizard X and Aegislash. Then Charizard X destroyed every other Pokemon except Greninja who completely defeated me. That was pretty intense.

Why did I give the stupidest name to my strongest Pokemon, anyway ?

I had a battle against Nobody/Daniel yesterday (I think), and he destroyed all my team, except Charizard X and Aegislash. Then Charizard X destroyed every other Pokemon except Greninja who completely defeated me. That was pretty intense.

That was me actually.

Yeah that was one of the better battles I've fought.

At first it looked like an easy win as my Charizard Y was completely sweeping shyteddie/Xylo's team, then he sent out his Charizard X and suddenly the tables had turned as his Megazard was completely sweeping my team. Eventually it came to a Mega Charizard Fly battle, where my Megazard's lower speed actually proved beneficial. However he caught on to my strategy and used something other than fly, which ultimately led my Megazard's demise. Luckily, I had a lightning-fast water-type special-attacking ninja-frog to pull me through at the end.

Edited by SecondWorld

That was me actually.

Yeah that was one of the better battles I've fought.

At first it looked like an easy win as my Charizard Y was completely sweeping shyteddie/Xylo's team, then he sent out his Charizard X and suddenly the tables had turned as his Megazard was completely sweeping my team. Eventually it came to a Mega Charizard Fly battle, where my Megazard's lower speed actually proved beneficial. However he caught on to my strategy and used something other than fly, which ultimately led my Megazard's demise. Luckily, I had a lightning-fast water-type special-attacking ninja-frog to pull me through at the end.

Oh, sorry... I didn't really remembered who it was...

Glad you appreciated as much as I do !

The only Pokemon I had outside of Megazard X was Doublade whose atttack were walled hard by Greninja...