[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's typically my job. I tend to do it on the word go, like my derp moment switching in Flygon. XP

That would've been good had I actually used Earthquake. But I tend to let Alexander Head Smash everything to pieces.

And stop putting yourself down, Kon. You did fine, especially considering Durandal didn't have King's Shield.

The teams don't matter to me.

See, it's chaotic matches like this that I love. Things like:

• Kay's Earthquake got a crit on his ally but not the enemy.
  • We both aimed a Flamethrower at Aegislash right when it used King's Shield.
  • Jonathan's Flame Body burn ended up being the finisher to Kay.

And finally, Roy got to do something without immediately falling to the fairy menace. Good game!

EDIT:

Why are people always ganging up on me to take me out first :'(

I didn't mean to, you just sent out scarier Pokemon that I needed to remove first.

Edited by Gcubedude

That double King's Shield block was awesome for me. Teach you to gang up on me!

Also, the RNG doesn't like me in terms of crit tonight.

Edited by LuxSpes

Blaziken is sadly pretty frail and speed ties with Gardevoir, both in normal and mega forme. The usual move for Speed Boost blaziken is usually to protect turn 1 and then use the boost to outspeed everyone on the second turn(but he's still pretty frail, especially in double)

My Lucina has a good bit of Speed EVs, so that might be why she outsped Amadis. And now I'm 100% positive that I love double/multi-battles far more than single battles, they're so much more energetic and fun!

Yeah, I know! Especially when there are four different minds at work in one pokemon battle; so chaotic and hectic! I find it hard to go back to singles after having so much fun with Multi battles!

Now I feel like making even more casual multi battle teams; someone stahp me, I'm having too much fun making them~ ^^

I'm really liking Multi Battles. Like stated, the added factor of 3 other person really spice up the game.

I will not completely stop 1v1 single. Sometimes facing one opponent really creates a challenging clash of minds.(I will only start doing such battles when I have that satisfy me though XD)

Well, you can't really make a 3-man team. You can make something that works between the 3 of them, but it's difficult to make something really solid without knowing the other half of the team.

Edited by LuxSpes

That's true, but at the same time I'd at least like to get some sort of idea of what would make a good double-battle team. I've honestly never made any team like that apart from Collosseum and XD, and even then they weren't really double-battle teams, just Pokémon I liked that I shoved into teams.

Googling 'pokemon double team build' will give you some suggestions. Otherwise, you want pokemon based around a certain concept or pokemon(for example rain and trick room teams). Also, you want moves that hit multiple pokemon, but would spare your partner(by abusing immunities like levitate).

Edited by LuxSpes

Wow, everyone's having lots of multi battles! If possible, could you post codes for those, since watching them is almost as fun as actually doing them? (This applies to other battles too, of course)

I hope Alfred and AS don't mind, but I have some of our battles saved.

Vs Alfred: N7AW-WWWW-WWW2-R65H

Vs AssassinSevera: 74FG-WWWW-WWW2-R65N

Thanks! Those were a great watch.

Shuuda, you seem really good at figuring out switches! Also, Vaporeon + Gliscor seems really annoying...

That battle against AssassinSevera was pretty one-sided...

I've got a Growlithe (which I think is Field group) with the IVs you're looking for. It's female, has IVs in HP, Atk, Def, and Sp.Def, and comes with Close Combat. I also have plenty of Eevees, but none of them have the Atk IV.

Actually, could I maybe have a Growlithe? I can offer modest Deinos, adamant Dratinis, bold Klefkis and Rock Blast!Shellders with varying IVs in (mostly) their key stats. I also have Eevees with Wish, but I'm still trying to get them to range of good IVs...

Edited by Sylphid

Wow, everyone's having lots of multi battles! If possible, could you post codes for those, since watching them is almost as fun as actually doing them? (This applies to other battles too, of course)

I hope the others don't mind, but here are the three LuxSpes, Kon, Silver Lightning, and I did last night.

9NZG-WWWW-WWW2-S38Z This one was the one where we forgot to set level restrictions.

E55W-WWWW-WWW2-S39P Our second one.

BTBG-WWWW-WWW2-S3A7 Our third one.

I don't mind at all~ If it weren't for the fact that I still don't know how to find the code things, I probably would've put them up first. XD

Get online and use the Vs. Recorder. On the first screen, click the up arrow, then select the video you want to upload to the internet. After some confirmation, it'll upload, and when you highlight the video, the code will be in the upper right of the bottom screen.