[X & Y] Battles~Casual and competitive players, reunite!

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tell me what to do. I hate gengar, and i don't want Aegislash. Why would i want them, i would rather get shiny Mawile.

Okay...

B-b-but Mawile's more purple

But Gengar's GHOST WHITE!!!

And Doublade's blades are BLOOD RED!!!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Am i doing this right? I have an Italian Ditto with my American Mawile in the daycare, one holding Everstone and the other holding Destiny Knot. Seriously, this is my 670th egg and still no shiny, i'm freaking out! WTF!

I'm pretty sure that's right.

The chances are actually about 1/2000.

Kinumi and I were pretty lucky.

I always use a Japanese Pokémon, because Masuda is Japanese. But that makes no difference.

I'm pretty sure that's right.

The chances are actually about 1/2000.

I always use a Japanese Pokémon, because Masuda is Japanese. But that makes no difference.

Some more info, I got the Ditto from Alfred Kamon, and on the top it says ITA. It has its name in English, so it is named Ditto. Does this still count, or it has to be a different name and region(like German)?

I got you all beaten in terms of luck. I got a shiny aron on my 20th egg WITHOUTH the Masuda method /brag

The shiny aron did have a japanese aggron as is grandpa though

I wonder if it'll be that much more easy if we end up getting a shiny charm once Pokemon Bank opens and we can fill up the national pokedex; I actually don't remember if it improved shiny chances from breeding though....

I wonder if it'll be that much more easy if we end up getting a shiny charm once Pokemon Bank opens and we can fill up the national pokedex; I actually don't remember if it improved shiny chances from breeding though....

I think it did. I remember reading on serebii that in gen 5, with the Masuda Method and the shiny charm, the odds were down to around 1/1000.

(and apparently, the odds of finding a 'normal' shiny are better this gen)

Am i doing this right? I have an Italian Ditto with my American Mawile in the daycare, one holding Everstone and the other holding Destiny Knot. Seriously, this is my 670th egg and still no shiny, i'm freaking out! WTF!

Dang, that really sucks D: I hope you get one soon! ><

it always surprises me that people aren't able to apply math properly. the chance of getting at least one shiny pokemon using the masuda method after 670 eggs is only 33.6%.

Shiny Charm, like I'm getting that.

It'd be such a pain, there being 721 Pokémon and all...

I'm getting it; I already have every earliest evolution and previous gen legendary lined up and ready to be transferred to Gen 6 (along with access to every Kalos region pokemon). All I'd have to do is just train and evolve them.

I'm getting it; I already have every earliest evolution and previous gen legendary lined up and ready to be transferred to Gen 6 (along with access to every Kalos region pokemon). All I'd have to do is just train and evolve them.

I'll do it the lazy way and GTS my way through all the non-legendary Pokémon.

I don't think you know math. The Masuda Method is 1/1366. 670 eggs is about 50% chance.

...I don't think that's got anything to do with math, but rather lack of info.

Heck, I didn't know that.

But now that I do, OFF TO MM-ING FOR A SHINY HONEDGE AND GASTLY, WHEEEEEEE~!!!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

Ok, i'm switching the parents. Im putting in a male Japanese Mawile with all the Fangs for egg moves with sheer force, and a female Mawile of mine. Will that work, or does switching parents sort of "reduce" my chance of getting shinies?

It doesn't affect it at all.

However, what I recommend is this. Get good natures and IVs first, then MM.

That way, you can get a good shiny that you can actually use in competitive battle. So yes, prepare egg moves and whatnot.

That way, you can get a good shiny that you can actually use in competitive battle. So yes, prepare egg moves and whatnot.

They both have excellent IVs. One in Hp, Attack, Defense, and Speed. The other in Attack, Defense, Sp Defense, and Speed

I prepared good IVs but not natures, so my Mawile ended up being sorta screwed over...well, it's still my 3rd shiny ever (not counting Gyarados) so that makes it special to me~ Plus, no one will try to offer for a Modest Mawile...

I don't think you know math. The Masuda Method is 1/1366. 670 eggs is about 50% chance.

Wait, isn't the chance to get a shiny the same no matter how many encounter you get? I mean, even if you were to hatch 1366, you wouldn't be guaranteed to get a shiny because each egg has 1/1366 to be shiny. So even after 1365 eggs, the 1366 still has only 1/1366 chance of being shiny.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I remember reading something regarding the chance of getting a shiny that said basically this.

1. i used the gen 4 value, but that's irrelevant, because

2. it's a 38.8% chance using the 1/1366 value, not a 50% chance. don't try to correct me on math if you clearly don't know what you're talking about, lol.

3. if you're aware that the probability of getting a shiny pokemon is still really low, then why are you complaining?

the chance of getting at least 1 shiny reaches 50% after 947 eggs.

EDIT: feel free to argue further on this if you want to embarrass yourself even more!

Wait, isn't the chance to get a shiny the same no matter how many encounter you get? I mean, even if you were to hatch 1366, you wouldn't be guaranteed to get a shiny because each egg has 1/1366 to be shiny. So even after 1365 eggs, the 1366 still has only 1/1366 chance of being shiny.

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I remember reading something regarding the chance of getting a shiny that said basically this.

yes, the events are independent, so each individual egg has a 1/1366 chance of being shiny. but we're calculating something different here.

Edited by dondon151