WYoMD.jpgAleksander, Human, Male, 17, Fire

n28oV.jpgCindy, Human, Female, 16, Water

oRa4.jpgChris, Human, Male, 17, Air

DaJTM.jpgCarter, Human, Female, 14, Water

d4asT.jpgSonny, Giant, Male, 18, Earth

b1Ir4.gifFelina, Human, Female, 18, Air

tirYp.pngAria, Human, Female, 16, Air

yCZMr.jpgRikku, Elf, Male,17, Earth

On each of the student's beds, there is an ID card with their picture on the front and a number on the back in big black text.

[spoiler=Girls]

Soles: 3

Cindy: 4

Athena: 1

Carter: 5

Felina: 2

Aria: 6

[spoiler=Boys]

Chris: 5

Aleksander: 2

Sonny: 4

Esmund: 3

Faenor: 1

"Please wait in your rooms until further instruction" is heard over the loudspeaker.

Edited by shmobum

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fëanor brushed his long crimson hair out of his face to get a better look at the school. It was shabbier than he would have expected, especially since it claimed to be the 'most prestigious magic school of their generation'. Fëanor scoffed to himself, who even was this Headmaster Barron? If he was so great how come Fëanor had never heard of him before. What race was he even? If he was anything tolerable he would be an elf. Fëanor wasn't happy with the idea of possibly going to a school run by a giant or a fairy or even worse; a human.

Fëanor picked up his bags and began to make his way to his room. His student info card said he was staying in room 1 with some guy named Esmund. 'What a ridiculous name' Fëanor thought to himself, 'doesn't sound elvish at all. And if he's not an elf than why is he even wasting his time at a magic school? It's laughable really. Everyone knows that elves are the greatest magic wielder. Pathetic. Of course, Fëanor you are getting ahead of yourself he could be one of us after all.'

Fëanor fumbled to pulled his key out as he stood in front of the room to his dorm. Damned human inventions. They always need to be so counter-intuitive and difficult. Probably a ploy to bring the elves d-

Click. Fëanor's door unlocked. Well it's about time.

Fëanor entered his room, it was mainly white and human type-architecture. Fëanor looked around in disgust as he plopped his bags down on the bed closest to the window. I suppose I'll be living as a peasant for a while...

Fëanor noticed an envelope on his bed and carefully opened it, making sure he didn't rip the paper. It held his student ID and a mysterious number.

"Number one for the number one student." Fëanor smirked.

Edited by meibum

Esmund was running late to get to MVHS, so he began to sprint as fast as he could to get through the door. Room one, room one where are you? Esmund thought to himself as he moved his fingers around in his pocket, looking for his key. He tripped over one of his bags as he ran through the hall, and looked up. Room one! The door was already open, so his roommate must have already been there! He was really nervous and sweaty, he looked at his invitation letter to remind himself of his roommates name. Feanor. Fay-nor. he kept repeating the name so he wouldn't get it wrong when he greeted him. Esmund swung the door open and saw a boy with crimson hair looking at a little card. Poking out of the crimson hair was two long pointed ears. An Elf?! Are you kidding me? Just my luck. Esmund swallowed his anger and decided to still approach politely.

"Hey you must be Feanor! I'm Esmund!" Esmund reached out his hand for a handshake, putting on a fake friendly smile.

Athena looked around blankly at the passing faces of the other students at magic valley high school. They are seemed so happy, without a care in the world. They didn't know what it really meant to suffer or hurt. Athena hated them. Trying to keep a level head Athena stormed through a group of passing students. They were not ready to move out of her way and ended up shoving her to the ground. Athena frowned as she brushed the dirt off her dress and went to her dorm room to be alone. "I didn't know that I was going to have a room mate." Athena noticed the second bed in her room. "Did I miss something?" Athena was confused and then became more confused as she saw the number 1 on her bed. Well at least she was alone for now.

Cindy was super excited for her first day of school! "Oh boy!" She exclaimed to the world. The other students didn't seem as excited as she was as she lept off the bus. "I sure hope my room mate is more exciting then these sad lugs!!" Cindy laughed loudly to herself. Cindy was shorter then the other students and a little younger to. She knew they didn't take her or her magic seriously. "I think I'm lost." Cindy thought to herself as she tried to figure out the map for the school. The map wasn't written in english and Cindy never payed attention to her other language classes before. "Hey do you know where room two is?" Cindy tried to ask some older looking students. "Get out of here little girl this place isn't for you." They said back to her. Cindy sat down on a nearby bench about to cry.

Sonny kept following the compass until he arrived at a large, shady looking building. Sonny felt nervous when he saw the large crowd of people yelling and shouting outside. He noticed that their were very few giants among the crowd, and those that were seemed to be getting picked on by some elves. Sonny closed his eyes and pushed his way through the crowd, entering the boarding house. He ducked as he went through the short non-giant friendly doors. Luckily, the halls in the boarding house were tall enough so he didn't have to bend over that much. He slowly trudged through the halls until he found his room, room four. He got his key out of his pocket, trying to use it in the lock, but his hands were far too big and clumsy, so he accidentally hit the key on the knob too hard and bent his key. Sonny sighed and sat next to the door, hoping his roommate would come along soon and help him get in.

Edited by shmobum

Aleksander strolled towards his new bedroom, gently holding the suitcase he had been carrying around with him and gazing intently down the hall towards his room, pondering just who his new roommate was.

'I'm not sure who this Sonny character is, but I'm sure he's a much more interesting person than I.'

He slowly removes the backpack from his back and opens up the large pocket, pulling out a novel from inside. He had figured that at least he would be able to get some reading done before his roommate arrived... but when he reached the room's entrance, he found a large youth standing in front of the door, causing Aleksander to jump back in shock.

'I-is this my roommate?'

"Y-You scared me..." he gently stated, partly because he was still a bit terrified of this hulking young man standing right outside his door... before something clicked in his mind.

"You wouldn't happen to be Sonny... would you?"

"Yeah... I'm Sonny." he said quietly, eyes darting side to side. He could tell the boy was nervous around him and Sonny wanted to make him feel more comfortable. "I broke my key, I have a lot of trouble with small human contraptions like locks. Are you Aleksander?" Sonny tried his best to seem approachable, hoping that he could make a friend.

Room 5... So this is where I will be staying then?

A calm, clean, empty room lay open before Felina as she stood within the door. She had arrived to the school early, as was usual for her. Having been born and raised in a family of shop-owners, being able to open the store on time had always been key, as had keeping the store clean and presentable. And it showed. When Felina had arrived she had piled her books and bags outside of the dorm-room before entering into the room herself to clean everything by hand, making sure it was straight and orderly. She wasn't a clean-freak, she wanted to work with dusty relics lying in the dirt after all, but having a room that was nice and ordered was important, especially for day one.

As she pulled the sheets tight, straightened the curtains, and made sure the place was as free of dust as she could manage with one hand, she started to wheel her luggage in... and almost immediately undid all the work she had done. Without even a second thought she flung her bags with clothes onto the bed before yanking the dresser drawers open and shoving her clothes inside without care for the edges before piling books upon books of magical lore, rumors, and textbooks upon the desk. Then, right after, she started to put down a few curious stones, geodes, and common artifacts upon her portion of the desk and dresser before sitting down, neat and curtly, upon the edge of the bed.

I wonder who my roommate will be? Maybe some sort of dashing man looking to master swords and magic to defeat an evil warlock? Or a cunning thief-type relying on wit and charm interested in magic to gain an edge? Or another bookworm like me maybe? Either way, I hope they don't mind me one bit.

Aleksander wasn't quite sure what to make of this new development. Did Sonny have some sort of birth defect, or were the rumours of giants living just outside of the human world truer than he had ever thought? He shook off those types of thoughts; Sonny seemed nice enough, and perhaps Aleksander could trust him, unlike any others he'd met these past few years. He wouldn't let discrimination of any manner slip into his speech right now, especially since Sonny needed his help at the moment.

"Yes, I am Aleksander... my, that key certainly is bent out of shape. I'll help you get in this time, but hopefully we can get you an... alternate means of entry that's more... eh, your size."

Aleksander took his key out from a side pocket in his backpack and unlocked the door to their shared room. He took a step towards the door, but stopped for a brief moment before stepping back entirely.

"You can go in first, Sonny. I assume that with your size comes the need to choose your sleeping arrangements first."

Soles tossed and turned in her dorm bed, trying to find a comfortable position. She had the moronic idea of trying to fly to school today and naturally strained her wings in the process. She had never been a strong flier, but then again what fairy was? They had these paper thin wings. They were more for show than anything else really. Or at least that's what Soles convinced herself into believing as she watched her wings glimmer in the incoming sunlight.

'Light..' Soles thought to herself, "it illuminates the darkness, helps the plants to grow, puts smiles on the faces of many people...but." Soles paused for a moment as she glanced around the room, "it also casts a shadow." Soles flicked her wings up dramatically and then giggled to herself, "ugh school is so lame! How did I even get roped into coming back here?" Soles rolled her eyes, "anything to keep me out of my boring old ordinary home town I suppose." Soles stood up and waited for her roommate 'Cindy' to show-up. "It's already half passed noon. How late could you possibly be? Even I'm not this irresponsible."

Soles brushed her strawberry-blond hair back and let out a long sigh, "and what is this about?" Soles looked down on the single black number printed on to a square white paper, "numero trois."

Edited by meibum

"Oh... thank you!" Sonny ducked his head to get through the door and looked at their room. The beds were tiny, but Sonny didn't mind, he usually slept on dirt anyways. Sonny took the slightly longer bed and layed on it, lower legs completely hanging off the edge. He sighed and noticed a small letter on the bed with his name on it. He opened it up and pulled out a tiny little plastic card that had his photo, name and age on it. He flipped it around to see a big letter four on it.

"Say Aleksander, why don't you open yours and help me figure out what this is all about?"

Cindy wiped the tears from her eyes. Not one person stopped to try and comfort her. "I didn't know prestigious was another world for heartless..." Cindy sniffled and collected her books, It was already half past noon and the majority of the students had already found their dorms. Cindy stood up and began to look around when she noticed her dorm was only a few steps away from her. "GOSH! Wow Cindy you goofball!" Cindy exclaimed. "No one wonder those kids made fun of you earlier." Cindy quickly ran upstairs and into her room eager to meet her room mate. "Hello!" Cindy shouted at the beautiful fairy standing in her room, "wow an honest to life real fairy." Cindy admired how stunningly beautiful the fairy was, "I wish I had your wings!"

Aleksander looked at the envelope and card on the bed next to Sonny's, noticing the number '2' on both. He thought about just what it meant, whether it was simply the order in which he registered into the school, or perhaps sorting in order of age, or...

"Agh, too many ideas swirling in my head. I need to put these down for a bit and read before I start to overheat."

With that, Aleksander simply tossed the envelope and card onto the floor and laid down on his bed - quite comfy, as it turned out, albeit a bit fluffy for his tastes - as he flipped open his book and began to read. Before he became too engrossed with the novel, though, he looked over at his roommate, who, unlike him, was still interested in the unusual letter. Part of Aleksander wanted to simply leave him to his own issues, but he decided against it for once in his life.

"Here, Sonny, I'll open that for you. They're likely the same for everyone, so maybe it'll save me the trouble of reading it instead of my novel."

Taking the letter into his hands, Aleksander tore a small hole into the top of the envelope, then carefully slid his finger along the hole to open the remainder of the envelope, taking care to not cut himself. Afterwards, he wordlessly handed the letter back to Sonny before returning to his novel.

"Thanks Aleksander." Sonny looked inside the envelope to pull out a little ID card. He examined it and the big four, and then put them on the nightstand. Maybe it was for some kind of game?

"What are you reading about?" Sonny turned on his side, looking over at Aleksander. He was excited to meet someone who didn't hate him for being a giant, so he wanted to ask as many questions as he could.

Fëanor slowly turned to face his roommate to inspect his physique. A human!? Fëanor felt his muscles tense up and all his hatred flooding back. T-they said I had potential!? Is this some sort of sick joke? They selected I to attend the best magic school and bunk me wi-with this cretin!? "Revolting!" Fëanor shouted as he slapped away Esmund's hand. "I knew you'd be a filthy human. This is unacceptable." In a fit of rage Fëanor turned towards Esmund's bed and reached his hand out. A small fireball formed in the palm of Fëanor's hand as he quickly released it aimed towards Esmund's bed, "burn the filth."

Edited by meibum

"Oh, this? It's a book about a man who was stolen away from his family as a child and vowed to spend the rest of his life to find them. I... well, I believe that..."

Aleksander suddenly paused. Would Sonny continue to trust him as he has already if he were to tell him of all the awful things that he had done? Or perhaps he already knew and was feigning kindness to either drag him back into it or punish him for his deeds? In any case, he felt it was not the best option to reveal his horrible past to Sonny. Not yet, anyway.

"Well, I just find it to be a fascinating premise for the plot of a novel, that's all."

Esmund was shocked by Feanor's reaction and quickly used his air magic to send the blast of fire flying in the other direction. But this was a dumb move on his part, because the fire just went and hit the floor between their beds and began to spread.

"Dammit! Why'd you hafta shoot that thing in here? Ugh, guess I couldn't expect much more from a racist elf!"

"Wow... I actually never got to have a childhood with my family either, but I don't even know anything about them... so I just kind of gave up on the search." Sonny felt saddened as he remembered how afraid he was waking up in that forest, without a memory to spare.

"I've been alone for as long as I can remember, I have no memories of my family at all." Sonny shifted in his bed and looked up at the ceiling.

Soles was a little taken back by the the high energy of her roommate. Man, this is going to get annoying fast.

"Uhm, yeah. I am a real fairy." Soles flexed her wings, never hurts to get a few compliments. She did have beautiful translucent wings that sparkled a rainbow hue in the right light afterall. There Soles went admiring herself again..

"well we can't all have wings." Shesh this girl acts like she's never seen a fairy before. I've seen hundreds of humans before in my life, probably because they populate quite quickly.

"Did you go get your card thingy yet?" Soles asked the young girl. "Mine has a three on it. I thought maybe it was our room number at first, but that can't be since we're in room number two."

Aleksander was almost taken aback by that statement. So, Sonny had no real memory of his family, either? He wondered just what had happened; was Sonny much like him and had been abducted by a band of rogues in the middle of the night? Had he been abandoned by neglectful parents? Was there an accident that claimed the lives of Sonny's parents?

"I-I... see... Sonny, I apologize if that brought up any... unpleasant memories..."

Aleksander took a deep breath, and noticed an odd odour in the air... an odour that was all too familiar.

'Smoke...? Burning furniture...?!'

Fëanor yawned sarcastically as the floor of their dorm began to go up in flames. "You wield wind magic and you couldn't even put out such a pitiful little flame?" Fëanor huffed, "this is why humans shouldn't be able to use magic. It's just wasted on them. Which kidney did you have to give up to get into this school anyway? We know it was clearly not of your own merit." Fëanor seemed unconcerned with the black smoke slowly filling their dorm room.

Sonny sniffed the air. "Something smells like a fire!" Sonny's protective nature kicked in. Sonny leaped out of bed and burst through the door. He ran down the hall and followed the scent. He kicked the door to room one wide open and saw a human and an elf standing next to each other, with fire ablaze in the room. His body began to glow and a shield of earth energy shrouded him as he began to roll on the fire, putting it out.

Esmund was about to punch the smug elf in the face, as a screaming giant ran into the room, rolling on the fire, putting all of it out in a matter of seconds. "Holy shit, thanks man!" Esmund helped the giant to his feet and shook his hand.

"I'm Esmund, and this is Feanor, also known as the asshole who just set my room on fire."

Cindy went over to her bed and opened up the envelope on it as Soles recommended. She tore it open quickly nearly ripping her student ID in the process. "What am I looking for again?" Cindy asked, "a number?" Just a she said that Cindy found her card with the number on it. "I got the number 4! That's one more than yours. I wonder what this could mean? Do you think anyone else knows? Is this normal? Did they say anything?"