shmobum

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soles ran her finger's through Esmund's thick brown hair. "I'm sorry I nearly lost our flag back there. I'm sorry I didn't get any new ones and I'm sorry I've been such a massive bitch to you." Soles kissed Esmund of the nose gently and smiled, "I promise from now on I'll be the kind of partner you deserve." Soles sat Esmund down and then sat between his legs and she aimed her gun at the wall. Soles took a deep breath and focused her light energy to the end of the gun where the glass was. Without warning a burst of light energy shot out of the gun, bounced off the inside of the hallowed out tree and was aimed right at Soles' head. Soles ducked and the burst of energy hit Esmund right in the face. "Ahh! Esmy I'm so sorry!!"

"Your flag should be in the possession of a student named Aegis, that is if he hasn't lost it yet. Head to the forest and he should show up, he tends to do background checks on everyone so I'm sure he'll recognize you." Dadan sized Rikku up, he looked like he could be some trouble one day.

"Gah!" Esmund put his hands over his face, the skin red and burning from the hot beam. "That was... good...! We'll figure out how to control it soon I'm sure!" Esmund, slightly blinded by the blast gave a thumbs up and a forced smile. The smile turned real when he went back to thinking about the kiss she just gave him.

Fëanor raised his eyebrow at Chris, "what are you talking about?" Fëanor pushed Chris aside and approached Felina with a friendly smile, "what do you say beautiful?" Fëanor knelt down and gently kissed Felina's hand.

Athena let out a sigh of relief when Aleksander regained conciousness. She quickly pulled back from the kiss but was still holding him in his arms. "I'm glad you're awake. I thought you may of died." Athena ripped the sleeves off her elven dress and began to bandage up Aleksander's greater wounds. "Soles seems to be the only one with healing magic, this is all I can really do."

"P-please help us." Esmund and Soles heard a faint girl's voice outside of their tree fortress. Cindy was using her water magic to slider her and Sonny's body down an icy path seeking out Soles' healing magic. "We have a flag, just don't let us die."

Edited by Serenity

Fëanor smacked Chris on the back of his head, "what the fuck are you saying boy? There were never any set rules and teams. Don't you remember? This is clearly a test of how well we can adapt and work together! Do you want to be on your own again?!" Fëanor put his hand on his head and he shook it in disappointment, "do I really have to explain these basics to you people?"

Soles beamed. I am useful after all! I really am! "You certainly do blush a lot, " Soles giggled cutely, "what do you suggest I try and do-" Soles turned to face the door to their tree fortress. "Did you hear that just now? What happened?" Soles opened the door to see Sonny and Cindy's nearly destroyed bodies. Soles screamed in horror and fell onto her butt. Tears filled Soles' eyes, "E-esmy!" Soles put her hands over her mouth. Is this what it means to truly be powerful and master the ways of our kind of magic?!

Without thinking Soles' eyes began to glow, using her nails she ripped open the chest cavities of Sonny and Cindy and grabbed their barely beating hearts. Soles let out a scream as they all began to shine brightly. I won't let you die. Don't worry. No matter what! Once Soles was finished, Sonny and Cindy's bodies were back to their previous state. But Soles had collapsed from exhaustion on the ground, she was completely unresponsive.

"Soles!" Esmund quickly ran to her and picked her up. "Soles! Speak to me!" Esmund's eyes darted in the direction of Cindy, and had a panicked expression on his face. "Please...help..." Esmund's voice cracked as tears streamed down his face. He ran back inside their tree and lay her down on a pile of leaves. He began to try and breathe life into her by blowing a gentle wind magic into her mouth with a kiss. Soles coughed a bit and made a small noise. Her breathing had returned to normal, but she still was unconscious. "Thank God..." Esmund wiped the tears off his face and lay next to her, wrapping his arms around her gently, burying his face into her shoulder.

Sonny looked at himself and Cindy. "What..what's going on? We're both... okay?"

The faint blush of red crossed Felina's face as her hand was kissed and she felt a quick surge of blood rush through her body. However, her hand tightened upon her pickaxe as she looked the man and Chris in the eye as best she could. "It seems team loyalty is in short supply this contest as I seem to be the only one to have it in abundance, even if it is only because I fear the mark of 'did not remain loyal to team' on my report card. Aleksander abandoning me makes no sense as I hold his flag. Trading the three points he has for simply remaining with me for the two points of another team that might have taken one only for you to have it is a poor trade. If he is a man ruled by his groin than I am alone and have no assurance you won't betray me the moment you take hold of my flag. If I fight you, I am outnumbered at best, meaning I risk losing both flag and life. No deal seems particularly favorable to me. Stay with Axeksander and I am guarenteed second even if I keep ahold of my flag. Leave for you and risk betrayal and a negative mark. Fight you and risk losing anyways. Tell me, what can you offer me to slow that you won't betray me?"

"Idiot. He thinks that just because he has fire he has the edge. He doesn't grasp that magic is magic and the elemental advantages exist not because of any inherent superiority, but because it is simply much easier to manipulate one against the other. If he tries to attack, all he'll find is that my preferred style was made to counter fire. That other boy though, if he uses Earth, this could be troublesome."

Cindy couldn't believe she was alive! She jumped up in excitement. "Onii-chan!" She sung out as she quickly gave Sonny a big hug. "Soles is amazing! I brought us here and she healed us!" She's probably right inside this tree!" Cindy peaked around the corner of the tree, making sure not to be seen.

tumblr_me8yejMfsb1ry88dqo1_500.gifoh wow who is that totally sexy guy?!

Cindy slowly approached Esmund, blushing a lot. "Uh uh uh hi." She said shyly. "H-how can I ever repay you for helping us?" Cindy said innocently as she tried to expose some skin for Esmund. Cindy bit her lip sexily and looked at Esmund with a longing gaze.

"Thank you Mr. Flarehawk I will be leaving for the game."

I turn and and start walking away, I check the map and head toward my room, I deposit my personal belonging but keep 3 days worth of food, my sturdy earthwork quarterstaff and some rope. I start heading toward the forest.

Who is this Aegis fellow, and what element he wields? Hopefully he is a discreet fellow like me. Well, there is certainly going to be plenty of earth in the forest so that is not going to be a problem.

My suspicions of the students being tracked was right... how can Mr. Big Guy know what is happening and know Aegis habits? Do the magical items having tracking spells or the keys being tracked. Best to leave any official material in my room when I need to do nonschool sponsored activity.

Esmund looked up at Cindy, confused. "I didn't do anything. It was all Soles here! She deserves the thanks." Esmund looked back at Soles, gently putting his hand on her stomach, rubbing back and forth gently. "Soles..."

Sonny looked at Cindy and smacked himself on the face with his palm, grabbing her by the back of her shirt. "Come on Cindy, I think we better go." Sonny mouthed the word 'Sorry' at Esmund and headed back to retrieve the flag from Krunath's body.

Aleksander continued to sit as Athena bandaged his wounds, while Feanor seemed busy trying to recruit Chris & Felina to his side. Something about the whole thing sickened Aleksander, but he wasn't in much shape to do anything after all he'd been through over the course of the night.

"Felina... if you want to win, go. Look at me right now, I'm not much use to you. As much as Feanor disgusts me as an individual, I have to admit I respect his ability, and if you two pair up there's no way you'd lose. I did all I can for now..."

I inspected the ring and discovered writing on it. "twice a day you are as light as a feather".

Time to see it is cursed

I slipped my finger in the ring.

*two charges remaining*

The ring conveyed to me.

Well time to see what it can do

I tested the ring

My cloak fluttered briefly beneath me, as if in a breeze

*one charge left, 12 hours till fully charged*

Ahh, that makes things convenient, thank you wind magic.

I place my gloves on

For most other students this ring would be useless... but for me, it will work fine, not the best item in terms of magic. but it is usable in my tactics at least, pity, a ring of flying would be better, but the staff would keep those kind of rings to themselves. So the school knows a bit about the students then.

I fetched 2 small bags and filled the with hard earth

so I checked my inventory of items.

my cloak and clothes

food and water 2 days

my earthen quarterstaff

rope

map

2 small bags of earth

always be prepared I say.

I enter the forest,

where is that Aegis fellow?

Hopefully he is not the noble type.

Edited by sifer

Felina shoved her glasses up a bit, catching a glint of the morning sun upon them as she looked Feanor in the eyes, a serious tone coming over her body.

"Aleksander, have you not been listening? I will never abandon my teammates. Not so that I can win, not for someone who only cares for victory. If this is a test of how we can work together, than abandoning my teammates is a failure. In fact, leaving for him, failing to adapt to a wounded teammate and not working with them in favor of my own, personal, gain would be an unrequited FAILURE! Besides, only a scumbag would hurt someone he's trying to recruit to his own team." she said, glancing to Chris.

She had been hoping to provoke Feanor into attacking, something that would give her the distinct edge in combat, but it seemed that was not going to happen, least not right now, as he was more focused on abusing Chris than on her. Oh well, take what you can get...

She quickly raised her hand up into the air as mighty gusts and bouts of wind suddenly ripped through the area, dying down a second later as a blurringly fast typhoon of air lay cradled within her hands, not so much as disturbing a hair upon her head. It whipped out, tearing through the space in front of her, as she lowered it down to point at Feanor, and then, she made her first move.

Nine bullets of air, each containing rippingly fast winds that were reinforced so as to not only cut through, but pick up, fire shot forwards in a V pattern with the tip pointed right at Feanor. Each one hovering close to the ground before suddenly shooting up to head-height as it drew closer to the man. Meanwhile, as Felina controlled the first wave, her left hand, now gripping her pick-axe, spun about picking up a second, identical, discus of wind before firing forwards nine times again, this time in an inverse V that shot by high overhead, passing beyond Feanor, before dropping down and reversing to come back at him from behind, trapping him in between the two converging formations!

I turned around slowly said "Yes, I am Rikku, I can show you my ID if you want"

I was surprised that he managed to sneak up on me I didn't like being surprised much, that usually ended badly for one party or the other in my trade.

"Next time could you not sneak up on me like that, I tend not to like unannounced visitors. Well, what do you know about the others students locations and do you have our flag, bychance? Also are there nonhumanoids running about since I saw this giant paw print around here,"

Well at least I established that he is a shadow user, so I don't have to worry about him during the day as much.

"but he's so hot!" Cindy exclaimed right before she crawled onto Sonny's back. Cindy sulked, "why wouldn't you let me talk to him? I felt a real connection between us." Cindy began to blush as she thought about how cute Esmund is. I wish I could be Soles, then maybe he'd notice me and love me. "Shouldn't we at least challenge them for their flag?"

Athena couldn't held but feel Felina was taking a stab at her as she held Aleksander tightly. "We don't know what the objective of this exercise is Felina, maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge. I've been helping you two out after all."

Aleksander seemed unsure of just what exactly was going on, after all, he could still feel a bit of blood leaving him from his smaller cuts, and he'd already lost enough to have become light-headed. He could tell Felina was taking a jab at Athena, but... why, exactly?

"Can we all please just stop? We could all just join up as one force and guarantee a win. I know that Feanor's got a grudge with that Esmund twit, and his little arm candy is the one that nearly killed me, so it's not like there's no mutual gain in all five of us joining up."

Fëanor was shocked that the little girl with attitude decided to attack him. He quickly created a firewall around his body to lighten the blow, but still took a heavy hit." Fëanor fell to his knees and sneered at Felina, "if you don't have a flag for me to gain, then there's no reason for me to fight you." Fëanor directed Chris to come to him, "if you want to fight so badly fight this one. I have bigger fish to fry." Fëanor got up wobbly, but quickly regained his balance. Fëanor huffed, "I'd never team up with that traitor elf." Fëanor glared at Athena. "I can take care of Esmund by myself." Fëanor left Chris and the others and dashed off into the woods to find Esmund and Soles.

"Hmph." was all that Felina could say in response to the fleeing opponent. No need to give chase. She'd only be moving onto his own turf at his desire. If she had to fight him, it would be at a time and place of her choosing when her teammate wasn't in danger.

"You shouldn't fight me. You might win, you might lose, but there is a badly wounded student who needs at least some basic medical attention. If you're better than that man, you will wait until my teammate is at least stabilized." she said simply to Chris as she went to Aleksander's side. She looked to Athena as she kneeled down beside Aleksander. "Before you say it, no, I'm not making a jab at your loyalties. Your loyalties are clearly to Aleksander and, so long as you do not betray that loyalty, I do not see you as a person without it."

She then looked to Aleksander. "How are you doing? I wasn't here for what happened to you, so what happened?"