Various Maps

Celice

As a side hobby, I've been adapting several different videogames' levels and maps into the style of Fire Emblem tilesets and map design, with an attempt to take advantage of possible gameplay elements or events.

As I've amassed a good number of them so far, I figure I'd make a thread for them now. Almost all of these maps are available for download, for anyone wishing to insert them into their own ROM hacks or other projects. These maps were created using the program Tiled, and Nintenlord has made a tutorial for inserting their map data into the GBA Fire Emblem games. The link to this repository follows:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=43920

If anyone has a map they would like to see recreated, I'll see what I can do. If someone likes my style of maps and would like to request a map for a project, or just for fun, I'd also be down for that.

Advance Wars

Map 01 - It's War! [original]
yLr6NaH.png

Map 02 - Gunfighter! [original]
jZprIiW.png

Map 03 - Air Ace! [original]
O9AhrG2.png

Map 04a - Max Strikes! [original]
zrwkSZl.png

Map 04b - Max Strikes! [original]
2mLLbK8.png

Map 05a - Max's Folly [original]

UUHYpMH.png

Map 05b - Sniper! [original
cq0MTLh.png

Map 06a - Olaf's Navy! [original]
u2khap2.png

Map 06b - Blizzard Battle! [original]
5GimrNz.png

Map 07a - Olaf's Sea Strike! [original]
LZQ2swV.png

Map 07b - History Lesson! [original]
p5TCIqb.png

Map 08 -Sami's Debut! [original]
uqPjBQ3.png

Map 09 - Kanbei Arrives! [original]
zrxBmvT.png

Map 10 - Mighty Kanbei! [original]

3FW30DH.png

Map 12 - Divide and Conquer! [original]
5hnDfYJ.png

Map 13 - Sami Marches On! [original]

9XySJfQ.png

Map 14 - Sonja's Goal! [original]
8F8jT3b.png

Spann Island
npTkpP2.png

Moji Island

DF1akUe.png

Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising

Map 04b - Navy vs Air, Green Earth Campaign [original]
WnLjMZX.png

Advance Wars - Dual Strike

Map 02 - The New Black [original]
McT4PjO.png

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin / Dark Conflict

Map 08 - A New Threat [original]

Sb8cE5w.png

Miscellanea

Final Fantasy IV

Baron Area
Chapter1IV.png

Tower of Babel
3iv.png

Fire Emblem Gaiden
W1NqADE.png

Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
jxtrq1a.png

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
lCeAEm4.png

Langrisser
ZMBreuQ.png

Zelda - Ocarina of Time

1IyMSie.png

Other Requests

mwwvN3G.png

Edited by Celice

OoT's Hyrule Field? :p

I will love you 5ever if you can do some Tales of the Abyss maps

Stop motivating me to work on my X/Y firered maps...

seriously though, those look awesome.

For a map id love to see created: Firered/Leafgreen Safari Zone

Pop me some links and I'll see if they interest me :)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100704154548/zelda/images/2/24/Hyrule_Field_Map_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

^this *kinda* it's hard to find actual map pictures for it; it's more like like you have to experience to understand :p

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/File:North_Hyrule_Field.png

^maybe this if the other one doesn't interest you? xD

http://www.google.com/search?q=hyrule+field+minish+cap&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=U8JkUsqFMNes4AOG5IGwDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=356

^alternatively, you could go here and browse cx

Edited by Brendor the Brave

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100704154548/zelda/images/2/24/Hyrule_Field_Map_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

^this *kinda* it's hard to find actual map pictures for it; it's more like like you have to experience to understand :p

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/File:North_Hyrule_Field.png

^maybe this if the other one doesn't interest you? xD

http://www.google.com/search?q=hyrule+field+minish+cap&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=U8JkUsqFMNes4AOG5IGwDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=356

^alternatively, you could go here and browse cx

Here goes your Ocarina of Time map:

1IyMSie.png

This was more aesthetically recreating the area, than preparing it for gameplay. I would probably break the field up into four or so separate maps for getting the most playability out of them.

As an interesting side note, Hyrule Castle is actually at the center of the map geometry, as it appears in a few other Zelda games (A Link to the Past, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess). Everything else appears south of the center of the map; some have taken this as suggesting that Hyrule Castle was originally the center of a much larger world, but that this was culled back during development.

I've always loved your maps, may pop you a PM when I need them for my project~

I'd be down for that.

Edited by Celice

Yeah I see what you mean about the breaking it up

Perhaps you wanna look at this? It breaks the map up for you so you kinda view different areas and terrain types.

Obviously I don't expect you to create the whole map, just something to look at and consider lol

The map looks great btw xD

Edited by Brendor the Brave

Yeah I see what you mean about the breaking it up

Perhaps you wanna look at this? It breaks the map up for you so you kinda view different areas and terrain types.

Obviously I don't expect you to create the whole map, just something to look at and consider lol

The map looks great btw xD but it won't open in Tiled. Something about an error loading a tileset

Myself and another person experienced a similar error when working on some maps. Dunno what it could be, as neither of us could figure it out. Other times, I've swapped tiled maps without any real problem.

Here's all of the tilesets up through FE8, if you want to try dinking around with them.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5eh1pag2oc6azyq/Tilesets.rar

The problem with Tiled is that your filepaths for your tilesets will be quite different. You (the hacker) basically have to recreate the filepath that the mapper uses. :P

You alternatively might be able to pop open the .tmx in notepad and find the tileset filepath. Dunno I think I remember something about that :3 Also I love the OoT map as well :D

That looks about right actually. Just opened one of the files and this seems of interest:

<image source="Tilesets/FE7/C100C2C3.png" width="512" height="512"/>

Doesn't keep the whole filepath though. Wonder how it figures out the rest of the path.

That looks about right actually. Just opened one of the files and this seems of interest:

<image source="Tilesets/FE7/C100C2C3.png" width="512" height="512"/>

Doesn't keep the whole filepath though. Wonder how it figures out the rest of the path.

Could it be that it takes the map's filepath and adds that to it? (i.e. if you had your maps in like C/Users/insertname/Documents\Mapping, then your tilesets in C/Users/insertname/Documents/Mapping/Tilesets/FE7/C100C2C3.png?) I may do some investigating... :P

Could it be that it takes the map's filepath and adds that to it? (i.e. if you had your maps in like C/Users/insertname/Documents\Mapping, then your tilesets in C/Users/insertname/Documents/Mapping/Tilesets/FE7/C100C2C3.png?) I may do some investigating... :P

Yup, that worked exactly. I'll toss up my tilesets to download along with the maps, and with the explanation you figured out. Thanks Jubby :) This should help a few collaboration projects I was working on...

Is that Chapter 5 Mother and Child?

If that's the one with Eyvale and Beldo stoning her, yup. It was probably for some context awhile back.

Yeah, I'm down for anything. Some of the bigger maps take more time, like the Hyrule Field, but I chug away at a bunch of different maps whenever I got some free time. Just give me what you want or a little direction and I'll take a whack :newyears:

how about a narrow long vertical path within the mountains that have several branches and chains of cliffs things of the like with a few villages thrown about in hard to reach places :3

again, there's also this to consider XD

What exactly are you wanting from the Minish Cap image? The entire thing would take well over 100 tiles, which is far too large, and wouldn't itself lend well to Fire Emblem-style gameplay :/

I'll take a look into the vertical mountain map. I think I'll give it a sort of trident design, which would force the player to choose which villages they'd want over the others (with enemies pressuring the player from accessing all the villages/points of interest at leisure).

Edited by Celice

Well it's seperated into different sections, I'd say the main points of interest would be the town square, castle entrance and courtyard and the area around your house so I guess a map to reflect each area but you can divide them up through terrain types mostly to see if you find any particular areas that tickle your fancy

As for the the trident design, it sounds good but I also need some seperate paths where units can come from/leave from Ideally I guess one at the top, one at the bottom and one on either the left or right side but you're the one designing it so :p

• 2 weeks later...

As for the the trident design, it sounds good but I also need some seperate paths where units can come from/leave from Ideally I guess one at the top, one at the bottom and one on either the left or right side but you're the one designing it so :p

I've been away, so this map took longer than normally, but I figure it was finished enough. I don't think I'll do the Minish Cap idea, as it is far too large a project for me, and I don't have any personal interest in it, making it more a job than a hobby :/

mwwvN3G.png

file download

http://www.mediafire.com/?v206o8n724xpa2e

quite a snazzy map there :D

since you don't wanna do the minish cap map I would have said a map of the Fallout 3 DLC, "Operation Anchorage" but I can't find any good reference maps online. except these:

Anchorage_Reclamation_simulation_map.jpg

Anchorage_map.jpg

but I doubt those are enough unless you've played it :/