A new chapter begins.

Jedi

As some of you know I signed up for something called the job corps awhile back and was waiting for the time I had to head to the center of my choice. Which will be in the state of Washington

I made a thread on this before I know but that was a false early alarm and I apolgize for it

2 weeks ago I got that call. A new chapter in my life is unfolding and after drifting for the last couple years I have regained my old confidence from when I was younger, I have learned much from my family to prep me these past 7 weeks. But I am rambling at this point.

Fact of the matter is, I will not be on nearly as often as before. Some of you I know will hate that, others will rejoice. In the end I will miss being as active on both here and skype, I will try to keep in contact as much as possible though. Feel free to PM me I will get back to you ASAP, as of right now I do not know how often I will be able to keep up with stuff so bare with it please.

Originally I wasnt going to make a thread for this but then doofina told me he was going to, so I decided to beat him to the punch haha.

As excited as I am for this new chapter. I am also extremely nervous and anxious, but as my Dad has told me mulitple times, its normal to be nervous about the unknown. But I am rambling again sorry about that.

So that is where we stand ^^ I wish you all well, I call a good number of people I met on this forum extended family at this point and really good friends, I am going to miss you all.. Wow I am repeating myself, Specta was right I will never stop doing that.. Haha

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tumblr_m1jcvqdpRs1r6q9co.gif

Fare thee well.

Best of luck with this exciting new chapter of your life and hopefully I'll hear from you sometime before next October.

Edited by Professor Palutena

No, now you're going to be on Serenes even less than I am! :_;

Best of luck man. I and I'm sure many others will miss your often seemingly constant presence. But hey, opportunity knocks!

so for those of us who don't know

what is job corps and what will you be doing there

Basically it is a goverment funded program to get people ages 16 through 24 started working, they offer various fields to get job experience in and will be extremely handy in getting jobs after the program is over, it is self paced but the usual timeframe is a year, also I will be getting paid while getting this experience and staying in a dorm. Which will be a new thing for me and thats the gist of it.

Also thank you everyone else for the hearty fairwells ^^

Edited by Jedi

Good luck with Job Corps, man! Hopefully it's not too painful, right ever the pessimist, I am? And hopefully you can get Skype working and stuff.

I'm pretty sure Jedi can explain it better than I can, but according to Professor Wikipedia, Job Corps' mission is to "help young people ages 16 through 24 improve the quality of their lives through vocational and academic training."

EDIT Wow, what an asshat, he had to type it before me. Well, my explanation is certified by Wikipedia. :(

Edited by Refa

Whammo, wiki to the rescue! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_Corps

Career paths offered by Job Corps include:
Advanced manufacturing
Communication design
Drafting
Electronic assembly
Machine appliance repair
Machining
Welding
Manufacturing technology
Sign, billboard, and display
Clever cover-up story Jedi, but we all know the real reason you're going on a hiatus!
Horace better watch out!
Edited by SRC

My goal is to become a manster drafter. Totes, also thanks again to all the well wishes ^^.

I will be leaving at around 9 am my time (its 11 pm atm) and arriving at around 2pm tomorrow, I may stay up on my phone tonight for a bit

Edited by Jedi

My goal is to become a manster drafter. Totes, also thanks again to all the well wishes ^^.

I will be leaving at around 9 am my time (its 11 pm atm) and arriving at around 2pm tomorrow, I may stay up on my phone tonight for a bit

I may stalk your pro-I mean what!

I can't say thank you enough for all the support ^^. My nerves are a bit more under control now, double checking if I have everything I need and getting ready now.