Fire Emblem: Path of a New World

Galleom

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem about defending is that the summoner won't be able to move while defending, so if the enemy is 3 tiles away, you probably won't be able to hit it.

Plus, he can't choose when to deactivate (unless you make the phantom attack something it shouldn't), even if it goes away after 3 turns.

You also can't attack in the turn you start defending, since you will be using the command instead of other things.

But I guess it may be a little broken, I'm not sure, but some decrease in speed would make sense... The summoner is stuck in the place after all, haha.

Assuming the summoned being has 1/2 the stats of the summoner, it really isn't broken at all. Summoner can't move, and the summoned being is an inferior specimen.

Also, we need to get an edit for that new Phantom animation that includes sword/lance as well, that way you can make it randomize what type is summoned.

Just a note on bows

you mentioned you might have rangers use crossbows, in real life this would not be at all effect when loading a crossbow you either have to brace the crossbow and pull the string up using your entire body or use a winch, the 1st is impossible on a horse, the 2nd is very slow

That doesn't seem like nearly enough letters, several weapons from FE already have longer names than that. 15 seems like a good starting point, but it'd be a better idea to just limit it based on the width of the text, not the number of characters (there's already a method to get the width of a string of text in a given font)

Oh! Great idea! It also fixes the possibility of the player inputting a name that is bigger than the name space...

Assuming the summoned being has 1/2 the stats of the summoner, it really isn't broken at all. Summoner can't move, and the summoned being is an inferior specimen.

Also, we need to get an edit for that new Phantom animation that includes sword/lance as well, that way you can make it randomize what type is summoned.

Sword/lance phantoms? Sounds good for me.

Just a note on bows

you mentioned you might have rangers use crossbows, in real life this would not be at all effect when loading a crossbow you either have to brace the crossbow and pull the string up using your entire body or use a winch, the 1st is impossible on a horse, the 2nd is very slow

I think that javelins that magically comes back to you after you shoot them are much more implausible

Uh... anyways, according to a little research I made, it is possible to do so, but yeah, it's pretty hard.

Chances are that I won't add it, though. But I do have to find a way to differenciate them from nomad troopers. I'm not sure if their niche as bowkillers is enough?

Do they have to be much different from nomad troopers? It could mostly be a flavor thing, combined with different stat bases + caps (Rangers could be more balanced and sword-focused, Nomad Troopers might be all about speed and bows), assuming caps will be important in this hack.

If you're using my FEPS skills, Rangers (Forest Knights) and Nomad Troopers were differentiated by their skillset and their stat caps.

Forest knights gained huge bonuses on forest tiles (herp)and had 1 move movement than a NT (Significant as they had 8 movement, the highest of all ground mounted units) in addition to maxed SPD and SKL with low STR.

Nomad Troopers had high STR, less SPD and movement, but they also had Quickdraw, that skill that lets them swap weapons essentially giving them permanent 1-3 range attacks.

I was never really satisfied with their distinctions but I think the tradeoffs were pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Oh! Great idea! It also fixes the possibility of the player inputting a name that is bigger than the name space...

Sword/lance phantoms? Sounds good for me.

I think that javelins that magically comes back to you after you shoot them are much more implausible

Uh... anyways, according to a little research I made, it is possible to do so, but yeah, it's pretty hard.

Chances are that I won't add it, though. But I do have to find a way to differenciate them from nomad troopers. I'm not sure if their niche as bowkillers is enough?

using crossbows on horse was a real thing i agree, but its not optimal, it made use of the 2nd method i listed

to make there be difference between rangers and nomads, you could

make differences in movement penalties, maybe have nomads be able to traverse streams, and rangers be able to cross mountains

Oh my, has it been one month already since I last posted?

A very late Happy New Year for you all!

Anyways, I'm sorry if I took this long to update things here, but I did finish the forge system in the meantime!

forge010.png

It's actually a little different from awakening's forge, since you can forge things from the shop(which I called forge) or from your inventory (which I called reforge).

forge110.png

Now it has the color control, and the background is much less broken, I suppose.

forge210.png

Thunder!

forge310.png

yay?

Oh, I also made a card system!

forge410.png

Drawing the cards was kind of fun, but it's kind of included in the list of why I took so long to post something here >_>

the list also includes maplestory and pokemon

forge510.png

The card system is also just as "rigged" as Radiant Dawn's xD

using crossbows on horse was a real thing i agree, but its not optimal, it made use of the 2nd method i listed

to make there be difference between rangers and nomads, you could

make differences in movement penalties, maybe have nomads be able to traverse streams, and rangers be able to cross mountains

Uh... 2nd method you listed?

Differences in movement penalities does sounds good, though.

Galleom. Baby. Baby girl. How goes this? I'm starting to get worried. You haven't texted and my bed is getting cold. Come back please.

What is this I don't even-

What is this I don't even-

Lmfao

But seriously, I fucking love this! How exactly does the card system work, if I may ask? You can pm me if you don't want details publically released just yet but I'd really like to know how you acquire cards and whatnot.

Also so excited for recolored icons. Better than fe13.

Force/Reforge distinction is really great, love that little extra tidbit.

Edited by Klok

Lmfao

But seriously, I fucking love this! How exactly does the card system work, if I may ask? You can pm me if you don't want details publically released just yet but I'd really like to know how you acquire cards and whatnot.

Also so excited for recolored icons. Better than fe13.

Force/Reforge distinction is really great, love that little extra tidbit.

I assume the cards function similar to how they do in FE10.

I'm really loving the forging feature you added, it looks fantastic! The color changing was a nice additional touch.

Edited by Booton

i swear i release things when I end up not releasing them >_>

i think I need a secretary

why not release them now :D

also +1 for forge being awesome. The idea of forge OR reforge is cool, I always kinda wished you could do that :P

• 2 weeks later...

So, uh, sorry if I took too long to answer, but thanks for the replies!

Anyways,

I do quite like the appearance of the forge system and I'm glad to see cards return. How can I use cards? Will it require a coin like in FE10?

Yes, you'll need a coin to use the cards, just like radiant dawn.

Wait wait wait, you can change the colour of the weapons? Does that apply during combat animations or just the icon?

Basically, the color change will only change the icon.

If you want the ranger to be different maybe you could use this animation when kitty of time releases it or something

Looks awesome btw

because i still don't have a secretary/i don't know where it is

Well, the animation does look good! The video in general has some awesome animations, it's a shame that you lost it, though...

why don't you get a secretary