Ungh another one of THOSE... Topics

Okay.... I have two teams... And I really need to know which is better... Then I'll need to do with that team.

Experimental team

Sumia!Lucina: Great lord-Galeforce, limit breaker, Dual strike/Aether, Rightful king, dual guard/aegis Brave sword, Gravidus. S support with Gerome

Frederick!Gerome: Wyvern lord, Paladin- Axefaire/Dualguard, dual support+/resist +10, Luna, limit breaker, Aggressor Brave axe, Helswath S support with Lucina

Ricken!Owain:Dread fighter- counter, (Luna, Astra), galeforce, limit breaker, Aggressor. Celica's gale, Brave Sword.S support with Morgan

Tharja!Morgan: grandmaster, sorceror, Sage- galeforce, limit breaker,(Armsthrift, anathema), tomefaire, Ignis. Valflame, Celica S support with Owain

Libra!Inigo: dread fighter, sorc- Astra, wrath, vantage, limit breaker, galeforce

Brave Bow/Sword S support with Severa

Stahl!Severa: hero, Falcoknight, bow knight- Galeforce, Luna, Armsthrift, limit breaker, Vantage, Lance/bow/Swordfaire) S support with Inigo

Donny!Kjelle: General, Hero, Great Knight- Aegis, Pavise, Sol, Limit breaker, Galeforce

Daddy pair with Donny

Donnel: Hero/Warrior/bow knight- Resistance +10, Armsthrift, sol, Aggressor, Limit breaker

Henry!Brady: Sage, SORC!- galeforce, tomefaire, Aggressor, Luna, Limit Breaker.

S support with Noire

AvatarNoire: Sorceror. Galeforce, Astra, Tomefaire, Dualguard, limit breaker.

Chrom!Cynthia:Dark Flier. Galeforce, (Aether, Luna), Dualguard, Limit breaker, tomefaire

S support with Laurent

Gregor!Laurent: sorceror- Armsthrift, limit breaker, wrath, vantage, vengeance

S support, with Cynthia

Chrom: Great Lord, Bow knight, Dread fighter-Dual strike, Dual Guard, Aether, limit breaker, Rightful King S support with Sumia

Sumia:Falcon knight/dark flier- Galeforce, (tome/lancefaire), Luna, LimitBreaker, pavise

Kellam!Yarne:Berserker, taguel- Aggressor, Luna, Dualguard, axefaire, LimitBreaker, brave axe

S support with nah

Gaius!Nah:Manakete!- Galeforce, LimitBreaker, sol, vantage, (deliverer, acrobat, pass) S support with yarne

Sure fire team

Olivia!Lucina: Great lord-Galeforce, limit breaker, Dual strike/Aether, Rightful king, dual guard/aegis Brave sword, short spear. S support with Gerome

Frederick!Gerome: Wyvern lord, Paladin- Axefaire/Dualstrike dual support+/resist +10, Luna, limit breaker, Aggressor Brave axe, Helswath S support with Lucina

Stahl!Owain:Dread fighter- vantage, (Luna, Astra), galeforce limit breaker, Aggressor. Celica's gale, Brave Sword.S support with Morgan

Morgan: grandmaster, sorceror, Sage- galeforce, limit breaker,(Armsthrift, anathema), tomefaire, Ignis. Valflame, Celica S support with Owain

Chrom!Inigo: Hero, Bow Knight, paladin, Zerker- Astra, Rightful King, Aggressor, limit breaker, galeforce

Brave Bow/Sword S support with Severa

Vaike!Severa: hero, Falcoknight, bow knight- Galeforce, Luna, Armsthrift, limit breaker, Vantage, Lance/bow/Swordfaire) S support with Inigo

Donny!Kjelle: General, Hero, Great Knight- Aegis, Pavise, Sol, Limit breaker, Galeforce

Daddy pair with Donny

Donnel: Hero/Warrior/bow knight- Resistance +10, Armsthrift, sol, Aggressor, Limit breaker

Libra!Brady: Sage, SORC!- galeforce, tomefaire, Aggressor, Luna, Limit Breaker.

S support with Noire

Avatar!Noire: Sorceror. Galeforce, Astra, Tomefaire, Dualguard, limit breaker.

Henry!Cynthia:Dark Flier. Galeforce, Anathema, Luna, Dualguard, Limit breaker

S support with Laurent

Gregor!Laurent: sorceror- Armsthrift, limit breaker, wrath, vantage, vengeance

S support, with Cynthia

Chrom: Great Lord, Bow knight, Dread fighter-Dual strike, Dual Guard, Aether, limit breaker, Rightful King S support with Olivia (Guarding, but not paired with)

Olivia:Dancer- Limit breaker, Astra, Galeforce, Special Dance, (Pass, bond)

Kellam!Yarne:Berserker, taguel- Aggressor, Luna, Dualguard, axefaire, LimitBreaker, brave axe

S support with nah

Gaius!Nah:Manakete!- Galeforce, LimitBreaker, sol, vantage, (deliverer, acrobat, pass) S support with yarne

I'm completely fine with tweaks, but I just love teams with variety, so sorc enthusiasts can go encage themselves in the bones of the innocent.

One last thing / means it varies on the role, while ()means that the skills are contested

Edited by WrathN'Resolve

Would help, but I see a critical error, and therefore won't unless it's fixed.

You've got to be kidding me.

Please tell me it's an *ACTUAL* gameplay error and not what I'm thinking.

Are you HONESTLY that salty over Gerome x Lucina S support? REALLY? REALLY?

That would be like me throwing a fit *EVERY* freaking time someone pairs Chrom and Olivia.

If it's not then feel free to make fun of me. But otherwise... :facepalm:

Excuse me?? Can we get back on topic?

I am we'll aware than Lucina and gerome have subpar support conversations.

But their classes fill in for the stats that they are lacking

Gerome's wyvern speed, and lucina's neglecting defense. These two make each other powerful as the Other's supporter

Lucina's rightful king making her dualguards and Dualstrike 20% more effective if she is support, while making an equally fine front liner Gerome is the same way, SO SERIOUSLY?

This caused me to realize... Lucina as a support... Paladin or bk?

Lucina's rightful king making her dualguards and Dualstrike 20% more effective if she is support

No. Rightful King does NOT affect Dual Strike or Dual Guard rates.

Excuse me?? Can we get back on topic?

I am we'll aware than Lucina and gerome have subpar support conversations.

But their classes fill in for the stats that they are lacking

Gerome's wyvern speed, and lucina's neglecting defense. These two make each other powerful as the Other's supporter

Lucina's rightful king making her dualguards and Dualstrike 20% more effective if she is support, while making an equally fine front liner Gerome is the same way, SO SERIOUSLY?

This caused me to realize... Lucina as a support... Paladin or bk?

Hmm.

Bow Knight gives fairly decent pair-up bonuses, plus the much loved +1 Movement (or well, I love it), and she already comes with Bowfaire, Dual Guard and Bowbreaker from her father, not to mention Dual Strike+.

Paladin's more welll-rounded stats provide excellent all-around pair-up bonuses, and she can put her mother's Lancefaire to good use.

I honestly prefer Bow Knight myself, but that's a personal preference really.

Lucina's rightful king making her dualguards and Dualstrike 20% more effective if she is support

Wait wait wait hold up here. Can you explain this part?

Edit:

No. Rightful King does NOT affect Dual Strike or Dual Guard rates.

Sorry, internet, I didn't see his post.

I was about to say "Skills that increase or decrease percentages in hit, avoid, or dual attack and dual guard rates don't get affected by Rightful King."

For the record, I was calling him out on his BS, I didn't mean to derail your topic. I had the intention of trying to help you, but just got distracted.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hmm.

Bow Knight gives fairly decent pair-up bonuses, plus the much loved +1 Movement (or well, I love it), and she already comes with Bowfaire, Dual Guard and Bowbreaker from her father, not to mention Dual Strike+.

Paladin's more welll-rounded stats provide excellent all-around pair-up bonuses, and she can put her mother's Lancefaire to good use.

I honestly prefer Bow Knight myself, but that's a personal preference really.

Okay... But couldn't you just get lancefaire just as easily?

Okay... But couldn't you just get lancefaire just as easily?

Yeah, you can, really.

They're really tied in all honestly, I just have a slight preference for one other the other. That +1 movement is very helpful.

Although that's really for Olivia!Lucina, because Sumia!Lucina has access to both Tomefaire AND Lancefaire, making her a viable Dark Flier support as well.

Well, considering you're pairing her with Gerome with STR bonus... if she was the frontline attacker, Bow Knight would have a problem dealing with both Ranged and Close Ranged enemies at the same time on the enemy phase, since you'd have to use the Levin Sword for that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, you can, really.

They're really tied in all honestly, I just have a slight preference for one other the other. That +1 movement is very helpful.

Although that's really for Olivia!Lucina, because Sumia!Lucina has access to both Tomefaire AND Lancefaire, making her a viable Dark Flier support as well.

Which brings us back to our topic.

Which team, everyone, and offer all critique, save turn everyone magic.

Well, considering you're pairing her with Gerome with STR bonus... if she was the frontline attacker, Bow Knight would have a problem dealing with both Ranged and Close Ranged enemies at the same time on the enemy phase, since you'd have to use the Levin Sword for that.

You're going into full magic team mode... Though I see where you're coming from.

My main problem with bow knight is how tiny their defense/resist is.

Any time you have an incomplete second gen marriage set up [you shouldn't though], the one left out should ALWAYS be Lucina, never any of the other kids.

Reason: She has Dual Strike+. This means she can cover the gap in Dual Strike rate caused by using an A-support over an S-- she's equipped for being the forever alone, the rest aren't. She also supports Chrom who could carry the skill instead.

Obviously, if you're marrying Tharja, it's due to covering weak areas rather than focusing on strong points.

Throw Gerome at your Forever alone [Kjelle], and have Lucina paired with Chrom or MU.

Any time you have an incomplete second gen marriage set up [you shouldn't though], the one left out should ALWAYS be Lucina, never any of the other kids.

Reason: She has Dual Strike+. This means she can cover the gap in Dual Strike rate caused by using an A-support over an S-- she's equipped for being the forever alone, the rest aren't. She also supports Chrom who could carry the skill instead.

Obviously, if you're marrying Tharja, it's due to covering weak areas rather than focusing on strong points.

Throw Gerome at your Forever alone [Kjelle], and have Lucina paired with Chrom or MU.

I suppose that makes sense... Most of chrom's spouses are a little subpar for tson....

I was thinking Lucina Aether, RK, LB, aegis, Dualstrike

Chrom Aether/Luna, rightful king, Dualguard, LB... Aggressor?

I recently rethought up some, and lon'qu! Brady dread fighter is prob be supporting great knight kjelle (she needs the resist, speed, and str never hurts) I like her as a great knight because purple is amazing

Edited by WrathN'Resolve

Except GK is a really bad class.

I disagree completely, as it is my favorite supporting class (low resist, sure, but give resist +10 [really easy to get skill slots for support units] or just pair with a dread fighter and you're gold, personally, I am considering a dual guarding build, and it equates that about half the time, there will be a Dualguard.