The competitive teams topic.

Alfred Kamon

Well I tried to get one with multiscale. Sat at a friend safari for hours, caught plenty of dratinis but none of them had the multiscale. I even used false swipe to catch them.I've mentioned I'd love to have one constantly but nobody has bothered to trade with me for one.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just try breeding one with the everstone trick. I'm just getting a little tired of relying on random encounters to get what I want when I already have a lot of stuff to trade .Multiscale combined with assault vest sounds amazing. Do you want one too?

How can you breed one with Multiscale if you don't have it?

Hidden Abilities can be bred only if at least one of the parents have them.

Anyway yes, it sounds like a good combo. But a tanky set with Roost is better imo.

Edit: ninja'd

@Nobody: wow, can I have one too...? ;w;

Edited by Alfred Kamon

How can you breed one with Multiscale if you don't have it?

Hidden Abilities can be bred only if at least one of the parents have them.

Anyway yes, it sounds like a good combo. But a tanky set with Roost is better imo.

Edit: ninja'd

@Nobody: wow, can I have one too...? ;w;

By breeding two of the same species with an everstone. That's how I managed to stockpile so many modest froakies.

Also I think a Gorebyss would be perfect for my water team. an agility plus amnesia would make a bulky fighting Pokemon like Conkledurr really deadly.

Edited by Gregosa

I thinking trying to raise a defensive Goodra. Which ability do you lot think would be best for a non-rain team? I'm leaning more towards Sap Sipper, assuming it grants immunity to grass statue moves, like Spore.

With so many pokemon to choose from... I don't know what to choose anymore. And with the three pokemon limit for rating battles..... A synergy between three pokemon and no competititve experience since gen three. I am not below using evasion to win battles, as the rules are not as strict as smogon. What is a good place to begin and start over again, comp. wise?

I have plenty of Goomy with Gooey, Bold nature, just ask if you want one.

That would be very generous of you. Anything you want in return?

Edited by Shuuda

With so many pokemon to choose from... I don't know what to choose anymore. And with the three pokemon limit for rating battles..... A synergy between three pokemon and no competititve experience since gen three. I am not below using evasion to win battles, as the rules are not as strict as smogon. What is a good place to begin and start over again, comp. wise?

evasion is honestly a terrible strat unless you can use minimize (even then it's still dicey)

Trick + Lagging Tail Sableye paired with Bulk Up + Substitute + Ankle Sweep + Spore Breloom is a pretty annoying combo that I recall to have faced once. MegaBanette can replace Sableye if you don't have a DW one.

Trick Rooms seems pretty good when battles last like, 8 turns? Also there are a lot of slow but strong pokemon in this gen (Aegislash is the first one I can think of)

Powerful sweepers like Blaziken, Dragonite, Greninja etc that can setup easily (or don't even need to setup) are all ok as well as weather-based teams

This is what I recall from the (few) battles I did in bw2

Oh and bring a Talonflame counter (or at least something that can tank his stupidly strong priority Brave Bird). They seem to be pretty common 8(

Edited by Richard

Rotom-W was a 5th gen staple for a reason. Rain is a bit weaker now, but it didn't need rain to function, rain just made it's Hydro Pumps even more asplodeyoursoul-y. It's still an excellent balanced pivot

What would be a good EV spread for rotom-w?

There are MANY different ones in smogon, and I've never used it before.

EDIT:

YEY, just got a rotom with perfect IVs in HP,DEF,SP.ATK,SP.DEF and SPD :D

Edited by Nobody

What would be a good EV spread for rotom-w?

There are MANY different ones in smogon, and I've never used it before.

I personally like full HP and Spdef with Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt.

Otherwise a Choice scarf set with Trick and EVs in Speed and Spatk.

Or again, a defensive tank with Thunderwave.

If you're going for a 3vs3 ranked battle, Sitrus Berry is better than Leftovers, btw.

EDIT:

YEY, just got a rotom with perfect IVs in HP,DEF,SP.ATK,SP.DEF and SPD :D

wat

I wish I was so lucky too. ;w;

Edited by Alfred Kamon

I personally like full HP and Spdef with Will-O-Wisp, Pain Split, Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt.

Otherwise a Choice scarf set with Trick and EVs in Speed and Spatk.

Or again, a defensive tank with Thunderwave.

If you're going for a 3vs3 ranked battle, Sitrus Berry is better than Leftovers, btw.

Thank you.

The rotom I just got has a modest nature. Would 252 HP/252 SP.APK work?

Is it possible to get pain split in X/Y? I thought it was gotten by move tutors.

Edited by Nobody

Well, it depends what you want it to do. Generally HP is the stat that you want to make sure you invest in, since it's base is low compared to defenses. Different amounts of Speed depend on what things you want to, well, outspeed. There should be discussion notes on it on the forums, and speed investment is less important on something like Rotom if you're running Sticky Web. After you work out your HP and Speed, just determine what's more important to you, dealing a bit more damage when you Volt switch around and throw out (possibly rain boosted) Hydro pumps, or tanking either Phys or special hits better with one of the defences. Choice sets will want a more offensive focus(and trick because trick is fun), whereas a lefties set can go either more defences or more atk power depending on what your team needs.

Edit: Internet so slow gg

Would you mind breeding me one of those crazy IV Modest Rotoms? I'm working on some DD Larvitars, I can offer one of those for it when I have one ready.

Edited by Ether

Well, it depends what you want it to do. Generally HP is the stat that you want to make sure you invest in, since it's base is low compared to defenses. Different amounts of Speed depend on what things you want to, well, outspeed. There should be discussion notes on it on the forums, and speed investment is less important on something like Rotom if you're running Sticky Web. After you work out your HP and Speed, just determine what's more important to you, dealing a bit more damage when you Volt switch around and throw out (possibly rain boosted) Hydro pumps, or tanking either Phys or special hits better with one of the defences. Choice sets will want a more offensive focus(and trick because trick is fun), whereas a lefties set can go either more defences or more atk power depending on what your team needs.

Edit: Internet so slow gg

Would you mind breeding me one of those crazy IV Modest Rotoms? I'm working on some DD Larvitars, I can offer one of those for it when I have one ready.

Just saw your post now. Sure, I can breed you one, but just tomorrow, ok?

Thank you for the help, BTW.