The competitive teams topic.

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was thinking of running A sticky web Shuckle lead, accompanied by DD-MegaTar and Specs!Starmie as a 3s core. Does this seem viable or do people think it'll just flop?

Oh, I didn't read this.

I think you should pay attention to MegaAbsol.

Magic Bounce and Sucker punch deal with Shuckle and Starmie, and Superpower (though it can't have it as of now) with Tyranitar.

Also a Dragonite... immune to Sticky Web (it needs to be on the terrain, same as Spikes) and after a Dragon Dance it can most likely 1HKO your Tyranitar and your Starmie.

And basically anything that sets up on your Shuckle lead is a treat.

I for first would use that precious turn to Shell Smash.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Question here: I'm seeing people mention Azumarill being really good, but I don't see how. So, how?

Huge power basically means its attack is twice as high as you would expect.

So, its stats are actually 100/150(fixed)/80/60/80/50, and both its types are pretty great. Amazing bulk and offense.

Huge power is one of the best abilities in the game, and also the reason why Mega Mawile is so good.

Edited by Nobody

Huge Power Azumarill has the equivalent of base 150 Atk before factoring in any items.

I don't know how worthwhile Belly Drum would be, but if you can get that +6, then it's pretty much lights out once the priority users have been eliminated. I'd still do Choice Band with Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough and Superpower though.

Huge Power Azumarill has the equivalent of base 150 Atk before factoring in any items.

I don't know how worthwhile Belly Drum would be, but if you can get that +6, then it's pretty much lights out once the priority users have been eliminated. I'd still do Choice Band with Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough and Superpower though.

you know what can kill BellyJet Azumarill?

it's.....

Talonflame! :Kappa:

So here's 1/3 of a team. Haven't gotten far in planning but these seemed cool

Lucario w/Lucarionite EVs

Ability: Justified 252 Att/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp

nature: Jolly (+Spe/-SpA)

-Swords Dance

-Close Combat

-Bullet Punch

-Crunch

Notes

Once mega evolved his ability becomes Adaptability, which makes same type attacks 2X powerful as opposed to 1.5X powerful. Justified is just there to raise attack upon switching into dark moves. This makes CC more awesome and bullet punch is just as strong as Extreme Speed making it basically useless except for a few rare scenarios. BPs power +swords Dance makes Mega Gengar a lot less threatening. No extreme speed leaves room for Crunch which helps check Aegislash and gives it more coverage. Jolly nature makes sure that Adamant Garchomps are outsped along with a few other fast ones.

Sylveon w/ leftovers (maybe. not sure) EVs

Ability:Cute Charm 252 Hp/ 252 Def /4 SpD

Nature: Bold (+Def/ - Att)

-Calm Mind

-Toxic

-Moonblast

-Skill Swap

Notes

This one is more of an experimental idea so I'm not quite as sure about it. Leftovers help give it some healing that it might not have otherwise. Wish could be used to heal, but If I wanted wish support I'd use Vaporeon since the new mechanics of wish make it heal 50% of the users total HP, not the receivers and Vaporeon has much more HP. Cute charm is the only choice in abilities aside from Pixilate, which seems useless to Sylveon considering the only time it really seems to make a difference is during Physical attacks (Sylveon has shitty Atk) and hyper beam. Ideally it'll be female to help Cute charm matter a bit more. It an opponent is the same gender Skill Swap can possibly help Sylv and hurt opponents.Nature and EVs help supplement its subpar defense and its great Special D. Calm mind helps make up for the EVs not invested in SpD and powers up Moonblast. Toxic is there for obviousness. Again, this is more of an idea than a plan so I welcome and encourage constructive criticism.

Also, anyone have any ideas on how Carbink could be used? Seems like it might have some defensive possibilities, but its rock typing makes me a bit wary.

The problem with Toxic Sylveon is that Sylveon's main switch-ins are Blissey, steel-typed Pokémon and... poison-typed Pokémon. None of which really cares about Toxic, so you might want to replace it with something else (roar, reflect, wish)

Edited by Richard

consider pairing mlucario with landorus; because they're both fast hard-hitters whose checks tend to overlap, sacrificing mlucario (landorus) to take out a check can let landorus (mlucario) sweep if you play it properly. defensive gyarados is a problem for lucario, so bring stealth rocks and a way of repeatedly forcing out gyarados (rotom-w, for example)

For those who are using Greninja, what sets are you using?

I'm doing a physically based U-Turn set, which also has Shadow Sneak, Night Slash and Water Shuriken, which I love in this metagame because of Excadrill and Talonflame (because Jolly Talonflame doesn't hit hard at all. It needs Adamant), which makes revenging them pretty simple.

I'm doing a physically based U-Turn set, which also has Shadow Sneak, Night Slash and Water Shuriken, which I love in this metagame because of Excadrill and Talonflame (because Jolly Talonflame doesn't hit hard at all. It needs Adamant), which makes revenging them pretty simple.

For Special mine is usually surf or scad/Grass Knot/ Ice Beam or Blizzard, and finally dark pulse.

I use grass knot instead of extra cause most trainers assume grass knot is a pointless move(which it isn't). This helps deceive and ko a threat to your fire Pokemon.I write or blizaard cause if you are playing rotation style you can use an abomasnow as a sacrifice then use blizzard(which jumps to 100% accuracy) for massive damage. I'm going to give him the assault vest cause the attacks he use changes his ability and weakness. When a electric shows up I switch to grass knot to resist electric damage then scald/surf if I assume I have enough damage output.

I plan to use a adamant one too. Mine will be waterfall, shadow sneak, power-up punch,maybe acrobatics?

I choose shadow sneak over water shuriken cause I think it might give fighting and normal immunity(haven't tested though.

Also for an extra dose of confusion you could always not equip Greninja with a water type attack because Grass knot covers what water is good against(ground,rock,water). Plus it does decent damage to pokemon that are big and heavy like snorlax.

Edited by Gregosa

That Trevenant set is nothing special, it's his opponent the one who played really, really bad...

I never seen it be used... "well" before

Alfred give me a break I'm trying to help here ]:

I never seen it be used... "well" before

Alfred give me a break I'm trying to help here ]:

Ahah I'm sorry my friend, I didn't want to sound asinine!

Anyway yeah, I had a similar set running for Exeggutor in gen 5.

And another Exeggutor set involving Trick Room, Endure/Protect and a Petaya Berry. Its sp.atk skyrocketed thanks to Harvest and with Trick Room it could outspeed anything... yeah but now it'd suck because "Hi Talonflame".

That's interesting. Which item did you give to Greninja? Choice Band?

I don't know it have that. Loving its U Turn trolling with 122 speed

Anyway I manage to made a (somewhat successful) Rain team that can be run for In game team(AKA Sims OU)

By somewhat successful, I don't mean "so good, it suceed on ladder" kind of succesful though

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Infestation
- Fire Blast

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Pulse
- Scald

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Rain Dance

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 136 Spd / 212 Atk / 160 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Gourgeist-Super
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

You can notice some questionable addition, up to and including my ineptitude at making optimal team(Excadrill really?) but it work pretty well so far

I notice I can run TOPS instead. Kabutops is a stop button for Galeforce Talonflame, which might spells doom when I did not properly switches in my Gourgeist

Another one is using Explosion on Gorgeist because IMO Talon with no SD does not really hit hard enough

I don't think I can improve it much, most of it sterms because of my unfavorable preferance to team that did not carry at least one terrible pokemon(DEM PORYGON)

For December, I think I can add Tornadus Therian to join the fray. Just my opinion, I think the best core for Rain team is Damp Toed + one Swift Swimmer(Kingdra or Kabutops is the best for the job IMO), Goodra, and 3 filler. These 3 filler should be able to perform well enough until Goodra can get rid of the big threats, such as the bane of rain team known as Ferrothorn.

After that its a smooth scalding, unless your opponent runs weird stuff such as Gastrodon

Edited by Choujin Sentai Chesnaught

Modest

252 SP.ATK/ 252 HP/ 4 SPD

Volt swift

hydro pump ( I hate those moves with low hit rate, but it's the only water move it learns)

will-o-wisp

confuse ray (no pain split =/)

Edited by Nobody