Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the weird thing about seeing this video. I know that the chapter can be 4 turned easily, and I do it all the time while getting all the treasures on top of Physic. However, I don't have Marth go through the forest. Seeing this kinda blows my mind in how you approach it differently.

Swordmaster Wendell made me giggle too.

I'm not satisfied with this clear for some reason. Probably because I think it is a bit messy due to it being the first attempt. Due to the great levels, I kept it, but there a couple of things that I could've done better. Like saving with Jeorge before Sirius' level and get him one more general kill. My Marth is great, so with Scorpio, Str boosting shards and Rainbow Potion + Rapier, he can ORKO paladins in order to get a bunch of experience. The Killer Lance Paladin moves first if he can crit someone, that's why he attacks Palla instead of marth. Ideally, I wanted him to move first and target Ryan with a Javelin instead of that, but he just moves last and ends up killing Marth if I boost Palla's Luck too much.

Sirius at least reaches Level 3 and 15 Spd. This lets him not be doubled by Dracoknights in the next chapter. Ryan also reaches B bows, which lets him OHKO full hp dracoknights in the next chapter without needing to promote.

Chapter 8 is completed in 3 turns.

Here's the weird thing about seeing this video. I know that the chapter can be 4 turned easily, and I do it all the time while getting all the treasures on top of Physic. However, I don't have Marth go through the forest. Seeing this kinda blows my mind in how you approach it differently.

Swordmaster Wendell made me giggle too.

Until now I didn't know of the existence of a Lunatic 4 turn with all items. I thought I was the first. What do you mean go through the forest, btw?

-----

Next chapter is going to be a lot more interesting and challenging than chapter 8.

Edited by PKL

Linde receives one round of Arena and promotes so Chapter 9 can go more smoothly. I didn't give her any shards this time because I remembered this time that shards make arena more costly. I sold the Firestone from the previous chapter, as well as a lot of Iron and Steel weapons with full uses that I won't need and bought Ryan the second Speedwings. This will save me a Rainbow Potion use for this chapter and he will need a Speedwing eventually anyway. Palla has dibs on the Chapter 9 Wing and Sirius has dibs on the Ch11 one.

Well, how I do chapter 7 is as thus. I put Wendell (or any promote for that matter) in the top left position slot and give him a rescue staff. I then have a mount be a spot under where he moves, so that when he Rescues Marth, Marth is in a better position to move forward. He can still manage to sneak by the heroes without alerting them, while still 4 turning.

Your way, however, doesn't use a Rescue use, which makes it far more neat.

because I remembered this time that shards make arena more costly.

Didn´t know that. Are there other factors and curiosities regarding the arena that aren´t explicity stated? I mean, I know that you get as much stats up as you have growth/100 and that the enemies are tougher on the difficulties. But never read something important like that.

I bring shame to the famiry. An LTC playthrough manage to got all the item with 1/4 of my turncounts

Haha, but you got like 15 more levels than me!

Well, how I do chapter 7 is as thus. I put Wendell (or any promote for that matter) in the top left position slot and give him a rescue staff. I then have a mount be a spot under where he moves, so that when he Rescues Marth, Marth is in a better position to move forward. He can still manage to sneak by the heroes without alerting them, while still 4 turning.

Your way, however, doesn't use a Rescue use, which makes it far more neat.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. I still use Rescue, but I do it through the forest. I didn't know there was another route.

Didn´t know that. Are there other factors and curiosities regarding the arena that aren´t explicity stated? I mean, I know that you get as much stats up as you have growth/100 and that the enemies are tougher on the difficulties. But never read something important like that.

I think it's because for every stat your character has, it costs a bit more to arena. You can prove this by going to the Lunatic Drill Ground with no shards and then putting a shard on that same unit. It will cost 20G more to Arena.

It's pretty much my H2 strat adapted for Lunatic. Avatar lures Etzel towards where marth can recruit him and get danced by Feena so that I don't lose turns recruiting Etzel.

Sirius needed a RP to be able to OHKO the Thief Staff Thief and send the staff to the convoy, so Malicia can retrieve it to use it on the boots. Marth then retrieves the Boots from the convoy and used them. Feena doesn't dance him in Turn 1 so that she doesn't lose 2 tiles. Before the chapter, I arena'd Linde, promoted her and gave her an RP use so that she doesn't get doubled by the first Dracoknight that attacks her. This also lets her weaken the Dracoknight enough so that Caeda can get the kill with an Iron Bow, for another Spd level. Ryan received a Speedwing prior to the chapter, so that he doesn't have to use an RP to avoid being doubled by the Dracoknight he needs to tank. This will also help him in the long-run, by allowing him to hit crucial Spd benchmarks on average.

Palla actually had to lead the assault on the boss area, as Avatar was the only unit I got that can tank Etzel. I used Palla as distraction on one of the mages close to Avatar, otherwise, he's as good as dead. Catria also distracted that one Dracoknight. Jeorge's chip proved invaluable for feeding Catria that Dracoknight kill.

The map is demanding enough that I couldn't really shop for anything. Though I really only would've wanted an emergency Door Key or 2. The armory was reachable by Minerva if she full moved, but it doesn't sell Hand Axes anyway, so there's no point. After this chapter, my RP count is 38/77.

~Chapter 9 is completed in 5 turns~

ZzzzzzZZZZ

This is my least favorite chapter in the game. Decided to kill Elrean because he actually gives a lot of experience. That whiff by Catria at the end was unfortunate, but what can I do? :/ I miss out on 600G from that Elfire, which is sad but Ill just move on.

Chapter 10 is completed in 2 turns

Gave Ryan his last level before promotion. He's also promoting so that next chapter is more reliable.

Best way to handle 39% crit accurate 1 range? Throw a few arrows at it!

Chapter 10x is completed in 1 turn

Ryan finally promotes

GG Hardin

Roro got stomped so hard

Yeah, by the start of Chapter 12, all my units should be promoted and ready for the rest of the game and I can start selling Master Seals for money :D. Well, maybe Malicia wont be promoted yet, mayyybe. It looks like someone has to sit out Chapter 11. Probably going to be Catria or Sirius. Most likely Catria, as Sitrus is going to be important for the clear.

EDIT: I'm slightly worried for my Linde. I hope she hits 20 spd at least by Chapter 15 so that she can nostank...or that Seraph Robe and the experience on her will have been for nothing.

EDIT 2: The worry for money issues was unfounded. I can buy the things I want in the Secret Shop after forging Minerva's Dragonpike and still have some money left for emergency drill grounds :D

Edited by PKL

You'll regret that -1Mag promotion gain! I know it, bro!

I totally will!

And thus begins the dragon chapters. No break from now on. All of these next chapters will require a lot of thinking and planning. I managed to grab all the desert items while 5 turning. Not much else to say other than having to fling Javelins at wyverns is a bit annoying so thats why I made a strat that can get 2 map saves. Ideally I'd get 3 map saves, one close to the killer lance crit for the master sword, but it's really difficult while obtaining the Secret Book and the Secret Shop too.

Chapter 11 is completed in 5 turns

Above this is the Chapter 11 vid. Posting to say that:

Added Statbooster info to the OP and cleaned the OP up a bit.

So, I have these boosters after Chapter 11:

Arms Scrollx2

Secret Book

Godess Icon

Energy Dropx2

Angelic Robe

Dracoshield

Speedwing

Those 2 Arms Scroll can combine on Swordmaster Catria to give her C Swords as a Falcoknight. Same with Swordmaster Ryan to make him have C Swords a Horseman. Just 1 on either of them means D Swords with a lot of rank built for C. Im thinking Catria would like to have Armorslayer in the future and having a Sword rank as well as Lance rank makes her more versatile. Though, having a Wyrmslayer Ryan can help in Chapter 12 because he can ORKO Fire Dragons with it and Catria already has Dragonpike for that. Armorslayer Horseman might also be really good in Chapter 20x. Tough choice!

Secret Book and the Icon are obviously gonna be sold.

Energy Drops are definetely going to Catria. Probably both of them. Caeda might want one, but she's already above her str average and having a good Catria will benefit me more than having a good Caeda.

The Angelic Robe? That one has a lot of potential recipients: Palla, Catria, Caeda, Sirius, Marth. Giving it to Palla makes her get 3HKO'd with a vulnerary use by Fire Dragons. That's pretty bulky. While the Robe might not help Catria escape any numberKOs immediately, it can help in the future. Caeda escapes getting 2HKO'd by Fire Dragons if she gets the Robe, Cancer and RP, not very promising! Sirius is in the same boat. Marth having 2 robes can help, but can be overkill eventually. Seems like Catria or Palla are the best choices for it.

Dracoshield is probably best spent on one of Catria or Marth. Catria's defensive parameters are poor atm. Marth, being the lord, appreciates defensive boosts to be able to take hits while on his way to the throne. Not sure on this one either...

The Speedwing I'm not really sure who needs it the most. Even if Sirius receives it, what can he even do with it?

Edited by PKL

Catria doesn't need more than one Arms Scroll for her Sword rank (Devil Sword), and even that's iffy. I can't find the stats for the C20x Generals, so I'm not sure if Armorslayer will help. I'm pretty sure C19 can be six-turned without Armorslayer as a Falco.

If you're gunning for a five-turn clear of C20, you need a Mercurius user and a Parthia user, and I'm pretty sure they a) they must both be Horsemen in that chapter to finish Hardin on turn five and b) at least one of them must have capped Str, with the other having not more than one point of Str below the Horseman cap. Sirius is the obvious candidate for Mercurius user due to his Swd rank, though I'm not sure if he's at a high enough level to reach 23 Str by C20. It may be worth giving him an Energy Drop and an Arms Scroll (since I'm not sure you can get him 60 WEXP in time).

Edited by Miikaya

Catria doesn't need more than one Arms Scroll for her Sword rank (Devil Sword), and even that's iffy. I can't find the stats for the C20x Generals, so I'm not sure if Armorslayer will help. I'm pretty sure C19 can be six-turned without Armorslayer as a Falco.

If you're gunning for a five-turn clear of C20, you need a Mercurius user and a Parthia user, and I'm pretty sure they a) they must both be Horsemen in that chapter to finish Hardin on turn five and b) at least one of them must have capped Str, with the other having not more than one point of Str below the Horseman cap. Sirius is the obvious candidate for Mercurius user due to his Swd rank, though I'm not sure if he's at a high enough level to reach 23 Str by C20. It may be worth giving him an Energy Drop and an Arms Scroll (since I'm not sure you can get him 60 WEXP in time).

I'm not going for established lowest turncounts though. I'm aiming to discover new strats and possible new lowest turncounts. Looking at the map, yeah, I'll need 2 Horsemans for C20. I think I can get Sirius enough sword rank by Ch20, there's also a Ch18 Arms Scroll in that one cave that I could use for him. I'm also pretty sure I can get Sirius at least 4 more str levels before C20, I'm pretty good at maximizing experience for a unit I want to use. Remember that I still have 3 Lunatic base Armory Energy Drops to use on Sirius if neccesary. Considering that, who should get the arms scrolls? The speedwings are gonna be for Sirius.

Edited by PKL

The best uses I can think of for the Arms Scrolls are pretty small: Catria can use Devil Swd as a Falco, possibly improving reliability of C19 (or not since you're not recruiting everyone); the Avatar can use Hauteclere as a DK to five-turn C20 if for some reason you don't get Sirius up to speed by then; Linde can deal another point of damage with each Levin Sword hit.

Edited by Miikaya

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of boosters to be distributed in this chapter.

I decided to give the Seraph Robe to Sirius because it solves his HP problems and makes him a lot bulkier. This will aid in his training. Gave him an Energy Drop so that he can more easily get to the strength required for him to tag team Hardin with Ryan and it helps him ORKO Fire/Ice Dragons with Wyrmslayer. Finally, gave him a Speedwing so that he can double Fire/Ice Dragons as a Hero in Chapters 12/13, this will allow me to get him quite a few levels in the dragon chapters, hopefully.

Catria receives the other Energy Drop because she needs it pretty badly. Her strength is lagging behind and Falcoknight promotion won't help that much.

Reclassed Ryan to Swordmaster and gave him 2 Arms Scrolls into Swords, which gets him to A as Swordmaster and almost B rank Sword as a Horseman. This is so that he can use a Wyrmslayer to take down Fire/Ice Dragons in the coming chapters and get even more levels than if he was using only bows. Ryan needs at least 25 Speed before Chapter 17 for the 4 turn strat since it requires a 27 Spd Horseman. Ideally, he'll get to 27 Speed so that he doesn't need Rainbow Potion in Chapter 17. After the Arms Scrolls, he's also very close to B Swords as a Horseman, so he will quickly reach Master Sword for shenanigans.

The Spirit Dust went on Linde as she's my designated Gharnef killer and she needs it to Nosferatank Chapter 15 and 18. It helps her offense a lot.

The Dracoshield is going to remain in the convoy for now until I need to use it for a strat. If a situation like that doesn't arise though, I'll give it to one of Marth/Catria.

The Secret Book and Goddess Icon are better off sold.

(Something I noted just now is that the prep screen runs at normal speed when recorded with desmuME, I slowed down so that you could all follow what I was giving and to whom but apparently I dont need to do slow down in future prep screens)

To lessen arena costs, you may want to hold off on giving Catria her Energy Drop unless she actually needs it for something specific in Chapter 12.

She actually needs the +2 str for most battles haha. So I had to give it to her before Drill Ground anyway.

Also, I'm using your H4 strat for Chapter 12 slightly modified and:

Marth gets 3 levels total

Ryan gets 3 levels total

Sirius gets 1 level and a half total

Looks good right? Problem is killing the boss reliably after all this because I'm using the save points to get good Ryan and Sirius levels lol.

Are you using Catria to kill the boss? As shown in commonguard's playthrough, if Catria levels up as an Archer in the Drill Grounds after having already capped Spd as a Cav, then she can take the Scorpio shard and a RP use to reach 28 AS as a Falcoknight and double the boss (she'll need the forged Dragonpike to ORKO, though I don't think this should be a huge deal since it shouldn't influence the number of kills Sirius and Ryan get).

Your EXP distribution looks good, yeah. commonguard had Sirius gain about five level-ups across Chs. 12-14, so as long as you match that, Sirius should have a good shot at reaching the Str benchmark for Hardin.