Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 stats is a bad level

On a healer that doesn't care of any of those stats, it is.

Shadykid- Sub 100 is impossible in Lunatic. I have no estimate atm, but I'm gunning for a reliable-ish minimum. If that makes sense. Nothing absurd like a P5 2 turn with Merc that involves crits or dodges or lategame Paladin crits...

commonguard- everything. I wanted to maximize exp for the units I'm actually using. But the enemies (especially the cavaliers and the starting hunters) love to change their movement a lot. The DKs (other than that one annoying left fort one) were surprisingly not the problem.

^ :p

So, I've been planning my expenses instead of actually re-recording Chapter 2.

this is what I have currently:

Current money in Chapter 2: 8265 G
- 5000 G from Robes for Avatar+Linde = 3265 G
+5000 G from Bullion(S) from Ch4 = 8265 G
-900 G from buying Ch5 door keys = 7365 G
+6500 G from Firestone and Bullion from Ch7 = 13865 G
+1500 G from C8 Firestone = 15365 G
+10000 G if I can afford to skip the Unlock staff = 25365 G
- 5400 G (I think it was?) from Dragonpike forge for C11 = 19965 G

Obtain a bunch of crap that I can sell in Ch11, but I need to buy Wyrmslayers, possibly forge a Wyrmslayer somewhere
in between, need to buy Dragonpikes and a Wing Spear. Slightly worried here and for the rest of the game. Considering
I might also need to use the Drill Grounds a few times...

Oh, also Thief uses:

Twice in Ch9 for the Shard and the Boots since I have no Julian/Rickard

Once in C10 on either Bullion or Unlock (hopefully Bullion)

Once in C14 for the Again staff

Last charge in C16 for the Rescue staff

Edited by PKL

commonguard- everything. I wanted to maximize exp for the units I'm actually using. But the enemies (especially the cavaliers and the starting hunters) love to change their movement a lot. The DKs (other than that one annoying left fort one) were surprisingly not the problem.

If you want to maximize exp and WEXP for units you are using in C2 just go with Nessie's strat and adapt it for H3 with the RP in mind. IMO, it doesn't get much better than what you get from that strat. You would get like ~16 axe WEXP for MU and only 1 DK and 1 cav go towards short term units if MU gets a (relaltively cheap ~1600 G) forge to ORKO DKs as a pirate and you could delay the bow forge.

Obtain a bunch of crap that I can sell in Ch11, but I need to buy Wyrmslayers, possibly forge a Wyrmslayer somewhere

in between, need to buy Dragonpikes and a Wing Spear. Slightly worried here and for the rest of the game. Considering

I might also need to use the Drill Grounds a few times...

If I was you, I would try to conserve Wing spear uses so you don't have to buy a second.

Also, on most of the maps many units are more or less homogeneous so you could probably move them around so they conveniently top themselves off after a map. That way you wouldn't have to arena-level them before a promotion.

Sucks you can't afford the armourslayer forge; helps you earn a ton of exp.

Oh, also Thief uses:

Twice in Ch9 for the Shard and the Boots since I have no Julian/Rickard

Once in C10 on either Bullion or Unlock (hopefully Bullion)

Once in C14 for the Again staff

Last charge in C16 for the Rescue staff

You could probably 8-turn C9 and save 2 thief uses as well as avoid needing a bow forge. Just have Feena dance Marth a bunch of times and lure Etzel to the village (like literally 1L of the village so you can recruit and visit the village on turn 7) and then rescue on turn 8. Lose 3 turns but save ~4000 G (I think that's +4 Mt Steel bow) and 2 Thief uses. Could probably get some exp off Astram's gang too, actually just kill Astram here for easy exp and Mercurius. That way you could get the C16 Fortify and probably save a rescue as well. Edited by commonguard

Losing turns in favor of money isn't an option. I'm not THAT worried about money. And idk if nessie's strat would work with a non-Knight Avatar. I had a different strat in mind although that one does lose a bit more exp.

Slowing down a bit to save some money and meet some benchmarks for difficult clears later on, like 6 turn of C13 (no rescue), 4 turn of C17 (one rescue one again), possibly even 5 turn of C20, etc might be worth it. Lose 3 turns now and gain A LOT of gold (due to Thief staffing bullions) and eventually get those turns back. In the future you have the same turn count with more resources at your disposal, but your call.

Slowing down a bit to save some money and meet some benchmarks for difficult clears later on, like 6 turn of C13 (no rescue), 4 turn of C17 (one rescue one again), possibly even 5 turn of C20, etc might be worth it. Lose 3 turns now and gain A LOT of gold (due to Thief staffing bullions) and eventually get those turns back. In the future you have the same turn count with more resources at your disposal, but your call.

But getting those turncounts along with the 5 turn C9 is the goal of the run lol. It's very demanding, but I think I can pull it off. And if I think I can pull it off, I will.

The benchmarks for C17 and C20 clears are ridiculous. I guess we'll see how well you rout maps.

Edit: Just noticed, you wouldn't need to buy any physics in C13 (as long as you have enough for C15) since the other non-boss bishop in the throne room of C16 drops one. Guess you wouldn't be that tight on the money.

Edited by commonguard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=vd&v=ygrMz8ft4SI

This chapter is the stuff of my nightmares. It lags a lot due to how huge the map is and all the forests it has. We get Catria in this map, she's one of the units that will seeing longterm use in this run. I'm very pleased with the levels I got in this run, it makes it feel like it was worth going through all that pain and lag. The AI is the trickiest thing in the chapter. Tough to manipulate the Cavalier group the way you want them to move consistently. If the Cavalier in the northeast fort moves through the center, it's lights out for the Avatar, so I couldn't let that happen. Moving Cord and Draug to the east made him move through the right of the map more consistently. Since my Avatar didn't double the boss, I fed the kill to Ryan, who rewarded me with a very nice level. I took the idea from commonguard and redwall's playthroughs, though I had to adapt it for my playthrough since some of the things weren't working, probably due to different stats.

The Rainbow Potion was used on:
Arran
Ryan
Marth
Draug
Catria

in this chapter. I bought a Seraph Robe for the Avatar so he could take on the 3 soldiers and live. And I forged an Iron Axe (3 MT) for the Avatar so he could ORKO a Dracoknight. I got the idea from commonguard.

Chapter 2 is done in 6 turns.

There wasn't much I could do about the lag. Sorry about that almost unbearable lag. It isn't as bad as Chapter twos from previous playthroughs of mine at least...the execution problems are all due to the terrible lag. It's a miracle I can even play Chapter 2 heh.

Edited by PKL

Now be cool like me 6-turn without full deployment.

Yea, I guess turn 1 is as Nessie stated. Just trial and error.

Never had an issue with the east sword cavalier if I only sent Marth, the axe guy the joins and Draug along the RHS though.

Alright, I did Chapter 3 and recorded it. I pretty much had it figured out, though I had to plan a bit, even with prior H2 experience 6 turning the map, since the P8 7 turn took a huge toll on my vulnerary count. But it wasn't so hard, but what really pisses me off is that my Ryan luck is ridiculous so I gotta re-record to get a worse level, (he got spd def again) since one of the goals in this run to stay as close to averages as humanly possible, I don't want him to get blessed. Palla also got a rather great level :/

This chapter would normally be more difficult to plan for. But I have it pretty much figured out after the H2 Playthrough. Some adjustments needed to be done and the presence of both Linde and Ryan was neccesary. Gordin and Draug also proved to be very useful. I wanted Ryan to get a bad level this chapter so he can stay a bit true to his averages. I also wanted Palla to get a bad first one too in conjunction, but it was too unrealistic to get those 2 bad levels without a map save in-between. Arran deserves the title of MVP in this chapter. Such a well-made Jeigan in my opinion. The boss kill was a bit tricky, but the map save right before it made it much more reliable. The recipients of Rainbow Potion in this chapter were:

Ryan
Arran
Marth
Catria
Draug

They all needed it for this very ambitious clear. Ryan being slightly blessed in spd and given the early wings means he can double Dracoknights guaranteed (though 10 spd Dracoknights can happen so an average Ryan would suffice in that case), making me able to prolong (or possibly) avoid forging the Steel Bow altogether. Linde was given a Seraph Robe so she could take an EP hit from the DK and counter with Aura. This allowed her to Player Phas nuke them as she 2HKOs them. Cavalier Catria with Lady Sword 3HKOs and doubles DKs, which was also insanely helpful. Using only 3 units to handle the DKs on the right side of the map means I can have a free unit deployed helping out Draug Marth Avatar and Arran to storm the bridge.

Chapter 3 is done in 6 turns

Edited by PKL

Alright, I did Chapter 3 and recorded it. I pretty much had it figured out, though I had to plan a bit, even with prior H2 experience 6 turning the map, since the P8 7 turn took a huge toll on my vulnerary count. But it wasn't so hard, but what really pisses me off is that my Ryan luck is ridiculous so I gotta re-record to get a worse level, (he got spd def again) since one of the goals in this run to stay as close to averages as humanly possible, I don't want him to get blessed. Palla also got a rather great level :/

If you're that committed to sticking to averages you may as well just hack the game...

Edited by Irysa

If you're that committed to sticking to averages you may as well just hack the game...

Hacking this game is very very hard atm. And I'm proving a point to someone that said my strats are too reliant on good levels. So far, I'm proving that person wrong :). Anyway, just enjoy the beautiful strat :P

No one commented on Chapter 3. I was really proud of that clear, you know! Since (I think) a 6 turn has never been accomplished in Lunatic before.

A very relaxing chapter to LTC. Due to a small positioning mistake, I didn't get rid of the last Armor near the throne but other than routing for the sake of routing and like 8 exp on Palla, it isn't consequential. The level ups were pretty good. Catria made up for her hp skl lck level last chapter with a ridiculously nice 4 statter. Avatar gets his last Pirate level and Linde gets a decent level, though I was hoping she'd get some mag. The only Rainbow Potion use this chapter was on Marth, this, combined with Taurus allows him to kill one of the armor knights in one round, netting him some more exp.

Chapter 3x is done in 6 turns

Edited by PKL

Isn't CH.3 6 TC unrealized before thanks to recruiting Matthew?

I have not watched any of the vids >_>

EDIT: Julian is the new Matthew

Idk, but all the playthroughs ever go all the way around. Idk if it's a consequence of recruiting everyone or if it was really unknown that you can go through the bridge. Either way, I'm the first bold one to 6 turn it and skip Julian, so that's something.

Edited by PKL

17 is the minimum with all recruits and the fastest route in that case is all the way around while skipping the bridge key village. I think SDS and grandjackal have both taken the bridge route. I believe SDS has a playlog where he mentioned it and thanked grandjackal for the idea but I don't think he was stupid bold enough to skip Julian.

17 is the minimum with all recruits and the fastest route in that case is all the way around while skipping the bridge key village. I think SDS and grandjackal have both taken the bridge route. I believe SDS has a playlog where he mentioned it and thanked grandjackal for the idea but I don't think he was stupid bold enough to skip Julian.

Yeah, I know the minimum for both recruits. I didn't know SDS and GJ had taken the bridge route before. I found the playthrough that says it just now. Though he didn't provide any details beyond taking the bridge route. Either way, i'm proud of my strat even if someone already took the bridge route lol.

Well, I'd congratulate you but I get the feeling it's a faux pas to congratulate someone before they have completed the entire run. How's C4 coming along? Thinking of feeding Castor and Yubello to the wolves?