Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

http://gyazo.com/3647338dd46f1a61b56d2b22b653c617

I did it. Well, technically I didn't because Avatar missed the boss twice, but you know what I mean! Here's the catch though:

Castor dies in Turn 2.

Yubello HAS to die to protect Marth in Turn 3.

Yumina dies in Turn 4 to heal Marth but might be avoidable (currently looking if it's possible)

I need to buy the Avatar 2 Dracoshields since he can't heal during the entire chapter.

And I also estimated that I don't need that Rescue charge at all so...lol.

Edited by PKL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. How do you miss twice with a +3 Mt, +10 Hit Iron axe?

Bad luck. I was surprised myself lol. I managed to make the strat even better. I still have to sacrifice Yubello and buy the Dracoshields though. The Dracoshields hurt my wallet, but it's not like they're a bad thing on the Avatar.

I'm still wondering If I should go ahead and 5 turn with 1 Rescue though. It doesn't seem like that Rescue does that much, but maybe it'll give me more flexibility? On the other hand, buying 2 Dracoshields this early means my wallet hurts so much that I will even more tight on money...but I also would have a better Avatar. Hmm...

Edited by PKL

If I buy a Robe on Marth, I literally cannot forge anything for quite awhile or buy anymore statboosters, but it's also a nice investment. Buying a Robe means the strat doesn't require Yufaileo dying though...

http://gyazo.com/c7402b6f23813b5e278978a5b3fe724d

Ryan stop ;_;. 7 attempts and the levels all with spd. Staying on averages is so touuuugh. Not because the game is harder, but because I have to reset and re-record everytime one of these levels happens. I probably should just stay as close to averages as possible but not care this much about the levels.

Do you like even need Yufaileonardo for something

EDIT: 45% SPD RYAN TOO GOOD NERFPLZ

I just don't want to kill off units If I can help it.

That, combined with the uncertainty of the extra Rescue saving turns and the threat of having only 500G because of the statboosters is why I have been so indecisive. I think, although I'm not entirely sure, that I can avoid forging the Steel Bow forever at least. But I'm worried that I might not be able to buy all I need in the Secret Shop if this keeps up. The Dragonpike forge costs around 6000G and each of the 3 Secret Shop Dragonpikes costs around 1200G, I also need 2 Wyrmslayers for lategame so thats like another 2200G. I think I barely get enough money for it but I haven't redone calcs yet. It's obvious that I will be left in a weird situation where I won't be able to emergency-forge for stat screwage, drill ground anyone or buy anymore Lunatic Statboosters for quite awhile.

Eh, levels really shouldn't matter that much early game anyway.

Isn't the clear like 8 turns without a Rescue use?

Edit: The wyrmslayers are 1200, the dragonpikes are 1350. The Dragonpike forge is only 5400 though. Sucks you can't forge the bow, it's pretty good for Caeda and Sirius. Forges are for the team, not the unit that specializes in the weapon type.

Edited by commonguard

Eh, levels really shouldn't matter that much early game anyway.

Isn't the clear like 8 turns without a Rescue use?

Marth takes 7 turns to reach the throne on his own.

YES! I did it. Only 1 rescue and no deaths. It requires a bunch of Rainbow Potions, the Dracoshields and a +1 MT Steel Sword forge for Marth. Vid tomorrow though, since I ran out of time!

There can't be that many non-obvious statistical benchmarks Ryan needs to meet. If I were you, I'd just play normally and note relevant thresholds (the only ones that come to mind are Speed; Str shouldn't be a huge issue with forges and the Parthia) instead of being super anal about being near his averages.

Edited by Miikaya

Huh, so it is possible. Looking forward to see this troublesome chapter.

Yes, yes it was :D. Took a lot of figuring out and I had to make use of even Yufailure.

Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing that. How many uses of the Rainbow Potion do you have now? It seems that you'll run out before long at this rate.

I have 55 uses of Rainbow Potion at the moment. Ambitious strats like these make full use of the Rainbow Potion. It's true that I might run out or have less uses in lategame than usual, but I think I can manage. I can just use less Rainbow Potions where they are unnecesary to shave turns.

There can't be that many non-obvious statistical benchmarks Ryan needs to meet. If I were you, I'd just play normally and note relevant thresholds (the only ones that come to mind are Speed; Str shouldn't be a huge issue with forges and the Parthia) instead of being super anal about being near his averages.

I guess. But I'm trying to prove a point, is all.

We're back! This map is one of the harder maps in the game in Lunatic IMO. The Pirates have 30 atk and are very threatening and the reinforcements make sure that taking it slow during the first turns is a bad idea. I managed to 5 turn with only 1 Rescue staff charge used, which is a feat that no one has ever done before. I had to make full use of every character, including Yubello for this clear. I also wanted to maximize exp for units, but due to some variance on the Armorslayer Thief's movement and a dodge from Catria, I didn't get as much staff exp on Malicia as I would've wanted. This strat is very very demanding.

Chapter 4 is completed in 5 turns with only 1 Rescue charge used.

Notes: Rainbow Potion uses are absolutely neccesary for this clear. Another 5 turn can be done where you rescue the Avatar in Turn 2 and have him attack the Hunter. He must be a Dracoknight and be strong enough to take on 3 Pirates at least. Turn 3 he goes to the fort to heal and block the pirate reinforcement then he kills the Hand Axe pirate, Palla the Hunter and Marth the Silver Axe pirate near boss.

If Palla hasn't proc'd Spd before, she won't double the Devil Sword thief with a RP use, in that case, Linde will need to finish him off.

EDIT: The final clear might not be the same as the vid, because I just noticed Castor wouldn't have been OHKO'd by the Pirate he needs to tank (I guess Pirates can have 29 Atk instead of 30 after all, unlucky me I never noticed because they always proc'd 30 when I actually checked them), saving the Rainbow Pot use.

EDIT 2: 53, not 55 uses left derp.

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

I ALMOST had a heart attack when my removable disk started formatting. Good thing I didn't lose everything. FE12 also runs lagless in this new comp, which is awsum. Expect the quality to improve, possibly sound and all too :D

Yeah. So, in the re-run of Chapter 4, Ogma dodged the first EP's pirate, so now I have the option to heal Marth in Turn 4 to feed him another Pirate kill. Take this opportunity or leave it? Moral dilemma and all.

Screw it. I took it.

Differences:

Catria got hit during the first Player Phase, so Malicia got 2 heals in.

Ryan got HP Str Skl Lck instead of HP Str Skl. Didn't crit the last Hunter so he got .9 more exp and 2 more Bow Wexp (irrelevant)

Palla got HP Str Skl instead of HP Skl.

I moved Yubello down and didn't block the fort with Sirius, as that was a mistake during the video. This got Sirius 21 exp. I could still save the game for the boss with Ogma.

Marth got a bit more exp due to an Ogma dodge early on that made him not need Yumina's heal in Turn 4 later. This allowed me to heal Marth for him to kill the Pirate near the boss.

And, of course, no Rainbow Potion on Castor.

Edited by PKL

• 2 weeks later...

I had to put this on hold for a long time due to being extremely busy. I'll be back soon-ish after finals are done! Btw, I can feed 2 Snipers to Ryan and a Sniper to Linde. Ryan has to hit a 46% crit with the Killer Bow while marth and Avatar are in his range during the Enemy Phase. Then he can finish off one of the snipers after random units weaken the Sniper. Linde can take 1 with Aura and I would be able to lure 1 Sniper with her and 2HKO with Aura if I used Rainbow Potion, but i wanted to save the use, so I won't do that. The other Snipers will be given to other longterm units too. If Ryan doesn't crit, I think I'd have to give the kill to someone like Ogma and that sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a reason in particular to save the use?

Would be helpful to make a "RP usage" Table eh?

Probably yeah. I've been procrastinating on finding a new way to record. My new comp doesn't lag with desmuME, which is neat...until I use the built in recorded of desmuME...then it suddenly reminds me of my old comp. It's awful. Should probably DL a recording program already and start doing this again. I'm renaming this to Lowest Possible Turncount Playthrough. Since it's not your standard FE12 LTC run, its much more demanding.

Anyone still interested in this? :/

I think it's time for me to plan the Rainbow Potion uses a bit.

51/77 after Chapter 5

Chapter 6 is eh, it's not really very demanding. Maybe a Rainbow Pot use on Catria so she can ORKO mages and one on Caeda to help with Lang boss kill. 49/77

Chapter 6x = pretty sure I don't need any RP. 49/77

Chapter 7 = maybe 1 on Sirius and one of the Dragonkillers. 47/77

Chapter 8 = one on Marth so I can do a strat I like to do. The rest is not neccesary. 46/77

Chapter 9 = Possible one on the Etzel baiter. 1 or 2 on some of the others. Let's just put it at 3. 43/77

Chapter 10 = Easy chapter. Maybe someone will need it to OHKO a shaver mage? Kinda leaning towards 0 though. 43/77

Chapter 10x = I can just KE crit Legion if I wanna save an RP use. 43/77

Chapter 11 = one on Caeda, one on Palla, one on Sirius = 40/77

Chapter 12 = Catria, Palla, Caeda, Sirius and Ryan = 35/77

Chapter 13 = Pretty much the same as the above. 30/77

Chapter 13x = Pretty sure I won't need any uses. 30/77

Chapter 14 = Demanding chapter. 4 of these probably. 26/77

Chapter 15 = Linde will need one most likely. Then it's a matter of if my other units can ORKO stuff in the boss area like in my original run. If they can't, RP them. Leaning towards 2 uses. 24/77

Chapter 16 = Bosskiller Caeda is guaranteed to be able to kill the boss with Starsphere IIRC. If not, just use another one. I have a strat against the Geosphere thief. 24/77

Chapter 16x = Not going for a 1 turn as I dont think its doable in H3 (might be wrong, ill check when I get there), so I can just relax really. 24/77

Chapter 17 = Not sure. I know Ryan and Marth probably need one. Palla might not. Catria won't. Caeda won't unless I need her to ORKO something. Let's put it as 3. 21/77

Chapter 18 = Linde will need one again so she can Nostank. Easy chapter so I won't need any more uses. 20/77

Chapter 19 = Ryan will need one. Catria too. Caeda might. Maybe Marth. Putting it as 4. 16/77

Chapter 20 = Hardin killers want it. The others want it to double Heroes most likely. 13/77

Chapter 20x = Stupid map calls for lots of RP. 9/77

Chapter 21 = Let's put this as 4. 5/77

Chapter 22 = Bosskiller wants one. Everyone should be fine by now. 4/77

Chapter 23 = Linde might want it. The others might depending on stats. 2/77

Final = 2 RP uses left to play with. Barring me overestimating how any uses I'll need in the game. Hmm...I should be fine as long as I don't overdo it. Can't guarantee I won't save another turn somewhere by utilizing RP to it's fullest though...