Lunatic Low Turns Video Playthrough (finished in 150 turns)

Next playthrough  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather see next?

• H3 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers No DLC, Loony boosters or Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H4 Mid Tiers with DLC, Loony boosters and Mixed Male Class Sets
    • H3 Record break

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the title change and everything. I didn't feel well yesterday (i was kinda drunk lol). Anyway, I WILL continue the run, just figuring out how to record here. I have the same options as always, though the desmuME recorder provides better sound and I can record at a higher quality than the previous comp. This is how desmuME looks:

It looks ok, doesn't it? Problem is that it plays like a slideshow when I'm actually doing all this. :/ Which is extremely annoying and of course, makes my execution completely terrible (on top of taking like an hour to record a single vid, which means that If I make a mistake, I lose an HOUR of my life).

Then there's the mute options, that look a lot less laggy than before but no sound. And of course, screenshots, but I want to avoid that at all costs

Could you attempt to do a desktop recording along with a microphone and audio recording and synchronize the two together later on? I think it might be less demanding that way. But, I am not sure.

Edited by Eri

Ok, nevermind, I can't put up with any of the ways to record. With desmuME, i'd never finish. Camstudio is unsafe. Camtasia is expensive and the trial makes desmuME lag. Hypercam 2 is terrible because it either makes the resulting vid really laggy or it speeds up at some points of the vid. Screenshots + log from now on. Good news is, i'm gonna be playing starting tomorrow. One thing I wanted to ask you all though:

Do you prefer if I detail every move with screenshots, or just take screenshots of important stuff and detail stuff with a paragraph/sentence after the screenshot?

What I mean is this:

Screenshot here of Linde vs a Thief in the map, it shows hitrate crit dmg etc and her positioning.

Insert sentence here detailing it.

Insert another screenshot here of something really unimportant

Insert sentence here detailing it just in case.

this:

Screenshot of positioning here or other important stuff like level, key enemies being defeated, etc.

Detail it here.

Put more details here instead of screenshot of other unimportant stuff.

Screenshot here of more important stuff

Repeat the above.

What do you think is the best alternative? I'm sad that I have to discontinue the video playthrough and have to continue as screenshot, but there's really nothing I can do about it.

Is the Desmume lag really that bad? It should be okay with more reliable strategies, but that's judging from the speed I get it on my computer.

It starts manageable. Give it 1 minute in and it gets terrible, starts freezing, levelups take a year, etc. I record in Microsoft Video at 70-80. Any less blurs the faces and is stlll laggy anyway.

Yooooo NEVERMIND. Espinosa lighted my lightbulb up and I can now record relatively painfree with desmuME. I can't believe I missed that little detail. Expect Chapter 5 tomorrow! Hype!

Can you tell of the detail, so that I may be able to record pain free as well? Why is CamStudio unsafe?

Sure thing. I have desmuME on my flash drive and play it from there. When I record and store the resulting file in the flash drive, it takes longer than if it was in my computer. So, I just had to move desmuME to my comp and play it from there and the lag is pretty much gone.

That was a derp solution >_>

I always miss the most obvious solution. It's a trait i'm not proud of. At least I make up for it by finding the most weird solutions to problems (even though they almost never work because I missed the most obvious solution haha)

Chapter 5 vids are uploading.

Edited by PKL

I'm back! This time we tackle Chapter 5, one of the toughest maps, if not the toughest in Fire Emblem 12. The goal was to 9 turn the map, while obtaining the Hammerne. Since Marth is the only one that can visit the Hammerne village, he has to go grab that village. Since I'm going for low turns, he also has to move as much as possible every turn. With the clever layout of the map and the amount of enemy traps, this is not an easy task! The Dracoknights and Sniper squad combo makes this a really complicated map to low turn. As there really isn't much room for error. I also want to keep Jeorge alive, but he goes aggresive if you enter any of his Sniper's range. The solution to this is to box him in. Since he's a Sniper, he can be surrounded by 4 units on all sides so he can never attack and kill something/himself. This is not an easy thing to do, though, as the positioning of the Snipers varies heavily. Almost always, there is this one Sniper that will follow Jeorge and be directly above/on his sides/below him, causing a unit that attacks said Sniper to have to take a Jeorge Parthia attack.

The Physic Bishop is a thing that tends to annoy me. It's technically possible to have a 10/10 Physic with some effort and planning, but the problem is that I don't want the Dracoknights in the mountain to all be fed to Avatar, so I have him hold back and not kill them by equipping the Hand Axe. This makes them not die though, so the Physic Bishop heals them in every instance he gets. It's sad, but I prefer the experience on other units than more Physic uses.

The Rainbow Potion uses in this map did the following:

Catria- allowed her to ORKO a mage with a Javelin to save a Physic use and to double Snipers with a spd proc (average). It also allows her to double that one Dracoknight I fed to her.

Palla- allows her to double Snipers and Dracoknights. Gives her enough strength to ORKO the ballista in boss area.

Avatar- allows him to double the Master Seal thief. Gives him enough bulk to be able to handle the boss area after the Dracoknight lure with some healing.

Rainbow Potion is now 51/77 uses left. Hopefully I have enough for the rest of the game.

I bought 3 Door Keys in the Shop and decided not to buy Hand Axes to conserve money for now. It's a risky move to not buy more 1-2 range, but I believe I can manage.
The Door Keys are a neccesity for the next Chapter, Chapter 15 16 and 17. There's also Chapter 20, but I get enough chances to buy more Door Keys in the future. I decided to play it safe and not buy more than neccesary, considering I also get a few droppable Door Keys along the way.

Chapter 5 is completed in 9 turns with 1 Rescue use.

Enjoy!

I like how before the first save you are moving and trading with characters very quickly, then the speed at which you control characters just drops.

Also, do you have an idea for amount of rescue staff usage in further chapters?

I like how before the first save you are moving and trading with characters very quickly, then the speed at which you control characters just drops.

Also, do you have an idea for amount of rescue staff usage in further chapters?

Yeah, I deliberately slowed down in parts, especially when trading later on because I knew the recording would be sped up a bit by desmuME. Hopefully it isn't too fast!

And yeah, I do. It's going to be pretty similar to the Maniac Mode run, except with more Rescue in later chapters instead of Warp.

I've been planning, and I'm pretty certain a 5 turn Chapter 6 is possible in Lunatic. Problem with that is that from my observations, the following is needed:

Sirius has to open the right hand door in Turn 2 and be able to survive a Bolganone+Swarm combo. RP helps him accomplish this, but that's already 1 more use than I had planned.

Arran gets 2HKO'd by the Swarm Bishop as a Sage but as a Bishop he has too much Res, so the Swarm Bishop starts targetting Sirius instead. Another RP as a Sage can remedy this. Or I can maybe have him use a Vulnerary in Turn 2 instead of heal Palla.

Avatar must make it to Lang by Turn 4 Enemy Phase. In order for this to happen, he must be able to double the Hero after the door is opened and then Palla must be close enough to finish him. The Hero cannot be Physic'd, so Sirius must take the Bolganone.

Avatar also needs enough Res to survive the Elfire Bishops next to Lang, which can only happen if Palla trades him the Pure Water (Palla is my chest room mage-killer/softener)

Catria, Ryan, Linde, Caeda and Ogma must be able to handle 3 Armors and 1 mage by Turn 3. Then they have to be able to get to the door and the Sniper must fall to Catria/Caeda+Linde/Ryan. Problem here is that I only get to deploy Malicia, which isn't enough to make Catria/Caeda be able to take another hit after the first turn. So they are in cooldown for 1 turn, in which I have to wall the Javelin Armors with Ryan. Linde is also out of commision after Turn 1 due to taking a heavy hit in order to Aura. Ryan leaves an Armor with 15/40 HP in Turn 2 and doesnt get attacked by the mage, this mage can actually be rid of by making Catria retreat in Turn 3 and heal with vulnerary+Malicia heal. The problem here is that then I don't have enough move to get to Samto's door...hmm...

Calling it now. You'll run out of pot by the end of this run.

Yeah, If I keep noticing these new lowest turns that utilize Pot so much, it will definetely run out very quickly. By the end of the game, the RP is only used for patching screwed stats anyway, here's to hoping no one gets screwed in an important stat.

Can you feed any of the more permanent stat boosters to anyone (like the Talismans)?

I could, but I'm already a bit short on money due to Ryan's Speedwing, Linde's Seraph Robe and Avatar's Seraph Robe + Double Dracoshields so I'd rather not, unless it is strictly neccesary. According to my recent findings, it isn't actually neccesary to buy any boosters though. I think I got a working strat for the new 5 turn, though I'm looking at how to get the Secret Book and kill the 2 Bishops with Palla/Sirius.