Need Optimization Help, First Time Lunatic player

I've avoided FE:A and all them newfangled remakes for quite some time, only playing GBA hacks and whatnot. Then I decided to buy it, and have been absorbed into the vortex that is FE:A.

I am now some hours into the game and have just beaten "Hard" mode, and plan on entering into Lunatic mode with a female MU, asset Resistance, flaw HP, and need to plan the best team for Lunatic gameplay. Here are some rules I've set for myself:

-Cannot play any DLC maps before Endgame besides The Golden Gaffe (Bullion grinding, woohoo).

-Can only play through the main story, Paralogues, Reeking Boxes, and single instances of each Spotpass team before Endgame.

-No egregious abuse of Reeking Boxes for mass level ups.

-Cannot allow any characters to die (lolwat who would do that anyways).

-Only use original characters, no DLC characters as role-fillers.

Stuff I want to know:
-Best pairings? Reasons optional and helpful. Subjective, but what isn't? Here's a convenient pre-made template, with fill-ins for the fathers:

Female Avatar + Chrom = Lucina / Morgan

Cherche + Gregor = Gerome

Olivia + F = Inigo

Lissa + F = Owain

Maribelle + F = Brady

Cordelia + F = Severa

Sully + F = Kjelle

Tharja + F = Noire

Nowi + F = Nah

Sumia + F = Cynthia

Miriel + F = Laurent

-Recruitment times for children. All I can remember from trawling the Internet was that Lucina is the first recruited child and comes in after chapter 12. Or 13. I am otherwise ignorant of the chapter limitations before children paralogues become available, since I hadn't established many romantic relationships throughout the progress of the game.

-Class optimization. Perhaps a better question to answer is: What classes DON'T my characters need to become, on account of their skills being useless for that character/their child? I'm particularly interested in long-term benefits and can play around momentary setbacks (e.g: I would continuously Second Seal a character into unpromoted classes to farm stats and necessary skills, against the benefits of a promoted class with better combat survivability).

Format I used:

Donnel: Villager -> Mercenary -> Fighter -> Bow Knight -> Hero -> Warrior

-Inheritance. Some people make the argument that children always inherit their parent's classes, save for gender-specific stuff, so you should pass that. On the other hand, some people say that certain gender-locked skills, like Counter, are situational and unhelpful to certain characters (Counter for tanky Kjelle). In general, what should the mother and father pass to their child? I've tended to lean towards the level 15 promoted unit skills (Pass>Lethality, Swordfaire>Astra, on the basis of minimizing the amount of time a character spends in the dinky classes of Assassin/Swordmaster).

-Things to watch out for in Lunatic. Is anything different, aside from the stats and skills? Are certain skills less useful or necessary? Is what I've set down thus far inherently flawed?

Thanks for helping, and for any helpful information!

I've avoided FE:A and all them newfangled remakes for quite some time, only playing GBA hacks and whatnot. Then I decided to buy it, and have been absorbed into the vortex that is FE:A.

I am now some hours into the game and have just beaten "Hard" mode, and plan on entering into Lunatic mode with a female MU, asset Resistance, flaw HP, and need to plan the best team for Lunatic gameplay. Here are some rules I've set for myself:

-Cannot play any DLC maps before Endgame besides The Golden Gaffe (Bullion grinding, woohoo).

-Can only play through the main story, Paralogues, Reeking Boxes, and single instances of each Spotpass team before Endgame.

-No egregious abuse of Reeking Boxes for mass level ups.

-Cannot allow any characters to die (lolwat who would do that anyways).

-Only use original characters, no DLC characters as role-fillers.

Stuff I want to know:
-Best pairings? Reasons optional and helpful. Subjective, but what isn't? Here's a convenient pre-made template, with fill-ins for the fathers:

Female Avatar + Chrom = Lucina / Morgan

Cherche + Gregor = Gerome

Olivia + Frederick = Inigo

Lissa + Ricken/Libra = Owain

Maribelle + Virion = Brady

Cordelia + Stahl = Severa

Sully + Donnel = Kjelle

Tharja + Gaius = Noire

Nowi + Vaike = Nah

Sumia + Henry = Cynthia

Miriel + Lon'qu = Laurent

Thanks for helping, and for any helpful information!

I filled in above.

I filled in above.

No real problem with all of the above. I don't have a set plan for my team (e.g: Maximize units with Galeforce, or get more of that delicious VVW), so I figure this'll do nicely. The only thing I might do is change Maribelle + Virion to Maribelle + Ricken. I'd feel bad for Virion if I had any sympathy for archers.

Edited by reallylongname

No real problem with all of the above. I don't have a set plan for my team (e.g: Maximize units with Galeforce, or get more of that delicious VVW), so I figure this'll do nicely. The only thing I might do is change Maribelle + Virion to Maribelle + Ricken. I'd feel bad for Virion if I had any sympathy for archers.

But Brady gets speed and Deliverer from Virion instead of just 2 magic from Ricken, whereas Owain gets Luna and much needed magic from Ricken.

Are you absolutely sure you want to go +res -HP on your first attempt at lunatic mode? I've done +res -HP before and in the first few chapters his HP was so bad he was borderline getting killed if I tried to just throw him into a bunch of enemies even when paired up with Chrom. On NORMAL mode. In lunatic mode you want as much HP and defense as you can get.

Can't really argue with Duck's pairing suggestions either.

I'd switch Lon'qu & Gregor around since it turns Laurent into a kamikaze god, but I digress.

Alternately, Cherche/Virion, Gregor/Miriel and Lon'qu/Maribelle. Vantage for Brady, kamikaze god-ness for Laurent, and Bowbreaker/Lifetaker for Gerome (he's usually a lost cause anyway).

• 3 weeks later...

I hope this isn't considered dead, because I always suggest

Cherche and Freddy

Stahl/vaike and Cordelia

Gregor and miriel (laurent gets wrath, vantage, vengeance, Armsthrift in exchange for Greg's -1 mag mod, an excellent trade)

Chrom and femu is.... Okay I guess... I never used it. I usually choose Olivia and chrom, takes Inigo through the roof

Tharja and ma mu, with gaius as a second.

If gaius is free, he and nowi, but if he isn't, donnel for nowi

Donnel and sully, if donnel isn't taken, but vaike kjelle is a close second

If Olivia doesn't end up with chrom, give her Linra, top 3 inigo dads are Freddy, chrom, and Libra

Panne and Kellam, because gregor and stahl are in high demand

Sumia and Henry

Maribelle and libra/ lonqu

I usually go for two kids with mu, but super Morgans are cool, too.

Owain 'so best dad is either stahl or ricken, so... My humble opinions as follows

Cherche and Freddy

Cordelia and stahl

Tharja and mu

Gregor and miriel

Kellam and panne

Lissa and ricken

Maribelle and lonqu

Chrom and Olivia

Sully and donnel

Nowi and Gaius

Sumia and Henry