Reclassing is terrible...

Don't get me wrong. The reclassing system in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is great! In Fire Emblem Awakening, I found it boring to have all characters be potentially capable of capping all of their stats. Also to reach max stats, you HAVE to reclass in order to make your characters the best they can be. Ruined Wi-fi and competetive play for me. The fact that I knew all of the characters I was raising would eventually have to change classes ruined the whole gameplay part of Awakening for me. I enjoyed the game for it's beautiful soundtrack, artwork, dialogue, and plot, but I just wanted to know: Did anyone out there have their experience with this game ruined by the reclassing?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get me wrong. The reclassing system in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is great! In Fire Emblem Awakening, I found it boring to have all characters be potentially capable of capping all of their stats. Also to reach max stats, you HAVE to reclass in order to make your characters the best they can be. Ruined Wi-fi and competetive play for me.

what competitive

reclassing is fun, I don't really get what people have against it other than "I don't like it"

Uhh no but unless I'm wrong Rey now likes you

Granted I like the final class to be the advanced class of their base class (Warrior/Hero Vaike for example) but to get skills, experience and experiment which unit actually fares best in a reclassed class I don't mind it. In some scenarios the children end up having more potential if they're in a reclassed class in my opinion

To be honest, there are some classes for some characters that are fun to use, but when it all comes down to it, I'd much rather not have to reclass to reach the full potential of any unit. I always prefer the base class of every person in Awakening.

To be honest, there are some classes for some characters that are fun to use, but when it all comes down to it, I'd much rather not have to reclass to reach the full potential of any unit. I always prefer the base class of every person in Awakening.

This is what I did on my first playthrough. No reclassing, mediocre units, more fun.

Don't get me wrong. The reclassing system in Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon is great! In Fire Emblem Awakening, I found it boring to have all characters be potentially capable of capping all of their stats. Also to reach max stats, you HAVE to reclass in order to make your characters the best they can be. Ruined Wi-fi and competetive play for me. The fact that I knew all of the characters I was raising would eventually have to change classes ruined the whole gameplay part of Awakening for me. I enjoyed the game for it's beautiful soundtrack, artwork, dialogue, and plot, but I just wanted to know: Did anyone out there have their experience with this game ruined by the reclassing?

I think we're going to get along well.

He probably means to say that he's pissed that FE13 has no wifi battles.

Personally, I'd say that's a pretty bad complaint.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't mind reclassing - it's nice to try something new every once in a while.

Personally, I'd say that's a pretty bad complaint.

Back to the topic at hand, I don't mind reclassing - it's nice to try something new every once in a while.

Neither do I. I like toying around with the skill/class combinations to see how I can best benefit the character with their skill set.

>Game has reclassing that can totally be ignored outside of Lunatic or whatever

Oh no, whatever will we do with features that ruined a game that not only has no wifi battling or competitive scene, but is totally optional?

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Personally, I reclass almost all of my units into assassins in order to gain the skill Lethality, then reclass them again into their original intended class, so that way I can say that my Sages would KO all units. No one can stop me!!!

Reclassing is what it is.

I liked Fire Emblem when you knew there were defined limits that units could reach, and each character had a defined role, and I also liked Fire Emblem when it introduced more customization of abilities, specializations, and generally gave players free reign over their party.

I hated Fire Emblem's RNG at times, and abused or restarted and did all I could to get perfect stats back when you either played the story or abused the arena, and I hated Fire Emblem's stat-maximization through reclassing.

Both systems have their merits and flaws. But in the end, archetypes and growths dominate, and my jaunts into other classes are short-lived, as I usually revert back to the promoted class that the character fits, just as the designers at Intelligent Systems foresaw and respected with their previous definitions of certain character roles in games where you couldn't reclass.

Unless if they're a child or the avatar, in which case they are utterly broken and destroy all in their path.

I really appreciated the Reclass system in this game. Granted I only played on normal mode, but I still think that it allowed every character to be useful in some way and created a lot of replayability for me by giving us different ways to use different characters(I still like characters to be in their original tree though).

Actually, a lot of people who have English as their first language make that mistake. I used to say funner all the time too.

I don't like Reclassing sometimes because it's creates massive inconsistencies with the support conversations.

Like Sully and Kjelle talking about how Kjelle can't ride a horse when she could very well be a Paladin.

On the other hand, it allows for some cool stuff like reclassing Kjelle to a mounted class AFTER her A support with Sully.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Reclassing exists merely to give different skills to characters. 90% of the characters in this game are better off in their original classes.

Also, it's quite funny to see people hate reclassing because it allows everyone to max out their stats. What's the problem with making everyone usable? Do you enjoy being anally raped by the RNG goddess so much with bad level ups? It's far from ruining StreetPass battles, in fact it makes everything fairer because then the game becomes a matter of skill instead of luck. It's why in competitive Pokémon gameplay the norm is 31 IVs across all stats.

The game is full of inconsistencies (Cordelia looking for ways to be with Chrom AFTER she's married and swore love to someone else, Cherche still babbling about Minerva after being reclassed or promoted to Griffon Rider, Panne still hating humans after S supporting someone, etc.), and I think the best thing is just to overlook these things and not pay much attention to them.

Edited by Malebolganone