Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Announcements/Looking for a game

Serenes Arena Cup I (PoR Custom Averages) is over. Congratulations Baldrick!

Serenes Arena Cup II (Awakening Gen 1 Max Stats) has come to an end. Quintessence is the winner!

[spoiler=Looking for a game]

We've been inactive.

All the resources have moved to the pinned Link Arena FAQ.

Mechanics that still need testing

Nothing here...

Games

"Historical" matches you can find in the present topic (before separate threads were made):

Refa vs. SB pages 2-10
ZM vs. PKL pp. 12-17
Dio vs. Sage 20-24
Refa vs. ZM 25-28
Espinosa vs. Hawkeye 32-44
Espinosa vs. Elieson 35-40
PKL vs. Elieson 49-53
Espinosa vs. ZM 56-80
[FE8] SB vs. Nicolas 62-80
[FE8] Randa vs. X-naut 74-106
[FE5] Dio vs. JSND 76-107
[FE8] ZM vs. Elieson 81-87
[FE8] dondon151 vs. Espinosa 88-100
[FE8] ZM vs. Elieson 94-103

Edited by Espinosa

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only weapons obtainable in-game can be used. For the time being forges are banned (so that there'd be a reason to use efffective weaponry) and you can't have more copies of a weapon/tome than is possible in a single playthrough (e.g. no 2 Vague Kattis).

I mean things like being unable to use both Mia with a Vague Katti and Ike with Vague Katti. You can still give each a Silver Sword. For now, let's pretend weapons don't break (the battles shouldn't take long enough for them to do so anyway) and equip each unit with 4 different weapons.

Ilyana 31 11 26 27 21 21 10 28

Just noticed Ilyana's averages. Holy shit. People compare this to Soren/Tormod/Calill? That looks like shit-tier to me.

EDIT: What I mean is that, if her spd average is 21 at THAT level, imagine what her spd will look like in practice.

Edited by PKL

Ilyana 31 11 26 27 21 21 10 28

Just noticed Ilyana's averages. Holy shit. People compare this to Soren/Tormod/Calill? That looks like shit-tier to me.

EDIT: What I mean is that, if her spd average is 21 at THAT level, imagine what her spd will look like in practice.

free OHKO for most, free ORKO for the others

seems legit

in fact, all the mages are extremely frail

Edited by shadykid

Tome users do seem to be the ones most affected by the choice to go by averages rather than max stats (losing a fuckton of defence). Let's see empirically if a switch to maximum possible stats would make a better environment for this.

Fixed Volke's defence from 5 to 15, my error there.

Added people in and got two complete teams in PM.

Refa and SB., are you both fine with beginning the first battle? Tell me when you're ready so that I start the procedure (the idea in my head is kinda rough but I think I know what to do and we'll have a clearer picture when we're already in it).

Supports are allowed? OP OP OP

Also, I'm thinking it could be like chess but done in the thread. We could have a map with a set number of tiles, X and Y coordinates, tiles where you can deploy your units, terrain and stuff. Each move would be called out on the thread. It could be really cool but could take really long.

Someone make the maps

Edited by PKL

Supports are allowed? OP OP OP

Also, I'm thinking it could be like chess but done in the thread. We could have a map with a set number of tiles, X and Y coordinates, tiles where you can deploy your units, terrain and stuff. Each move would be called out on the thread. It could be really cool but could take really long.

Someone make the maps

if we're doing that, then fuck caps, time for some super speedy units and supertanks

wait you get to target a particular unit, instead of both players throwing up a unit with a particular weapon?

Yeah, that's the case, with the two players taking turns. The first weapon you submit the units with is the one they start with (should they be targeted with an attack before they get to do anything on their own).