Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, two offers, now I must make choice...oh, why not both?

Let's see, one FE8, one...FE9. I'll leave who gets what up between the two of you.

Who else is there?

It's me, the cute little Ninetales. Except the E goes out for some reason.

I think I'd like to start with FE9 (with or without statboosters?), if Elie's okay with going for FE8.

Now, we are in need of a host.

Edited by Nintales

It's me, the cute little Ninetales. Except the E goes out for some reason.

I think I'd like to start with FE9 (with or without statboosters?), if Elie's okay with going for FE8.

Now, we are in need of a host.

I typically go with boosters, it allows for more units to be viable. I'm alright with FE9, it's a fun game, probably my favorite.

Indeed, we do need a host.

Elie, alright with FE8?

At the tournament question in the poll it would be cool to do both games I think. Although do you make ONE team for the tournament or do you make multiples.

At the tournament question in the poll it would be cool to do both games I think. Although do you make ONE team for the tournament or do you make multiples.

Nobody's forcing you to make different teams each game, but it's in your best interest to be unpredictable, not to mention people like experimenting and choosing new things instead of sticking to the same team, so I can hardly remember anybody settling for one single team to use for the entirety of the tourney tbqh.

I think some Nasir masterrace teams might have been duplicated, but they were well... the best. I think Baldrick's teams stayed pretty static throughout too, and he won!

also a question WRT Galeforce.

Can I take my second action to switch weapons? I'm not going to do it this turn, but for future games it would be something to consider.

Um...maybe?

shore. Any gimmicks or anything you want to include?

FE8, averages, boosters. Sound good?

Last time we did allow you to change, and that's probably best, but there's something I like about having the same team.

also a question WRT Galeforce.

Definitely a no. Plenty of times there are turns which you'd rather skip not to be forced to attack anyone, and switching equipment without moving seems like an unfair advantage to be given. This should apply to Galeforce, where you can either act again or choose not to.

...that said, should you be allowed to not make use of the Galeforce turn? This is an interesting open question.

That's what I'm thinking too. Being forced to act again can be disadvantageous at times and makes Vengeance+Galeforce less broken than it currently is. It's kinda the only nerf that's necessary to make for Vengeance, and it's all within the boundaries of common sense + how things work in-game.

Also, does everyone agree we should start showing attacker's skill activation rates alongside hit/crit digits? It's how we'd done it before, and it really makes sense for non-PavGis/Miracle skill (which you can easily tell are being rolled for on the defender's turn).

Idk, I think Galeforce user must attack again. Wait/Item/Trade commands ingame are translated as 'Attack' from my perspective. So Galeforce user should be forced to attack again with any weapon, not necessarilly the same.