Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I must have missed the date lol. Derp.

I'll be posting the FE13 tourney signups tomorrow, I think.

Woo.

Well, time to build the most MLG Pro OP Destroyer team eva'.

Just try to 360 no scope.

I'd like to try a Gen 1 FE:13 battle but I'm not sure what I should do...

Look at the main FAQ thread and build a team that looks good, look at some earlier battles, sadly I'm busy or I'd make one to face ya.

Also @The possible two tournaments. Are they round robin or brackets?

Just posted the signup for the 2nd LA tourney. Since it's still a working day for a lot of people, I'll keep the signups open for a few more days so that everyone who wants to take part can seize the opportunity.

So, while I'm excited for this tourney and all, is there still potential for another FE9 one? I have teams I still want to try for that game, though tested outside of a tournament is probably best. I still need to find a way to make Mia useful...which I will do! Eventually.

Possibly, but let's take it one step at a time.

Some things left to be figured out until then:

- Rexflame; yay or nay? It does enable the doubling of 27 AS units by non-Resolve units/Naesala

- if Nasir is banned, does the same apply to Ena? Honestly, she's not worth that much without Nihil

- MakaBrom; is it banned or does it stay? It's sorta too good to pass by

- I suppose the 2 Ike-related bands could stay

- Rexflame; yay or nay? It does enable the doubling of 27 AS units by non-Resolve units/Naesala

Yay, why not? There's a fair number of units with more attack speed than 27, and ones with less will usually hit sages like steam engine.

- if Nasir is banned, does the same apply to Ena? Honestly, she's not worth that much without Nihil

I say so. Ena might be much less useful, but she's still a very tanky unit who could create a stall match, which is...annoying.

- MakaBrom; is it banned or does it stay? It's sorta too good to pass by

Eh...that's debatable. I don't think it's that powerful on a surface level, because it's a fair defensive boost but it's also not so ridiculous as +30 avoid on two already durable units, it's +3 defense on two already durable units, no better than a Vague Katti's boost.

- I suppose the 2 Ike-related bands could stay

Probably.

I personally think Makabrom should be banned, you can just stick them on any team and they're super awesome. The same applies to someone like the Royals, but they don't have skills or supports (well they have skills but they're not fantastic other than Cancel). Ena's stats aren't as good as Nasir's and he's only really good because of Nihil anyway.

I'd still be down for another FE9 one in the future though. It's still fun!

But yeah Maka brom just gives you two units with potentially 33 and 28 defence (without Knight Ward or Katti), and magic users don't exactly fare too well against most classes anyway.

Edited by General Horace

I agree, though I don't really know if I agree with Makabrom. I mean, I kind of agree, because they're both solid units by default (probably your best cav and a decent general), but I feel it's not quite as miserable to handle as Ike-Oscar.

Would Oscar-Tanith need a ban? I doubt it, but I wanted to bring it up given that we're talking about Earth-Earth supports. Ike-Zihark should be fine given both are sword locked and Swordmasters aren't too great.

I mean...if Ena counted as a royal, maybe. I just don't like Dragons in general though, because they do take so long to kill.

Tanith needs a ton of boosters and still isn't really that strong. I think it's fine. The only reason Ike/Oscar was banned was because they were two units that needed no boosters to be good. At least Tanith's caps aren't that impressive and she's locked into being a runesword user more or less anyway.

And yeah Ike-Zihark are just two units that do the same thing really, so having both on a team is kind of counterintuitive.

The higher-end Laguz are harmed pretty badly by the ban on using stat boosters on them liberally (or at all in royals' case) / Laguzguards being a thing.

I guess I could see us breathing a new life into PoR custom averages once again. With the cut supports in and MakaBrom out, there are suddenly so many support-based teams whose exact viability has not quite been determined. In the first LA cup, it was quite awesome to behold the shaping of what works and what doesn't, even though the winner actually used Haar, Astrid and others that were pretty far from being top tier units.

Ena is nothing without boosters, and a bit too strong if you give, like, everything to her. Allowing her with the old LA 4 boosters limit wouldn't really break things unless you actually ended a battle with two healthy Enas with Renewal alive.

Ena with 4 boosters is fine imo. I'd be willing to play a test match with or against a Maka-Brom team to see how you could work around it or how to set it up to show if it's broken or not.

i'll even not make a joke team with devdan

Edited by General Horace

Another character who can be considered close to overpowered is Calill, who has huge firepower targeting res. Rexflame access is as big of a boost as it can get, even though she will hesitate to attack things that counter her for a lot of damage (no -breaker skills in that meta lol).

Oh, and I suppose we should decide if we still want Shade/Provoke in in the form we last left them?

Calill's avoid can get crazy high too, with some + avoid supports like Nephenee and Shinon too, along with a potential 31 speed from Rexflame and no WTD or anything.

I dunno if this is overnerfing her, but just not allow a second Nihil on the team?

Edited by General Horace

Calill might have more + avoid supports, those were just the only ones I remembered. Perhaps you use Calill (however you want) and I'll try to make Maka-Brom work? I don't think any of Calill's supports need to be banned really. I'm down though!

Alright then! Though I could have got NephiexBromxMakalov and NephiexCallilxShinon, that's why my setup was interesting.

But I don't mind if you want to test MakaBrom.

We'll need a host though.

Edited by Nintales