Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

shinon doesn't have as much str, though, and his affinity is kind of garbage

also are you sure you assigned deadeye to rolf all those times? there are a couple of sources (not reliable ones) that state that deadeye's accuracy boost is passive, but there haven't been many tests to verify this either way.

EDIT: also, stefan is as good as dead, because if rolf activated deadeye, stefan is now asleep.

been a long time, but if it were Rolf wouldn't have the likes of Mia dodging him all day in the Unleashed series

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also are you sure you assigned deadeye to rolf all those times? there are a couple of sources (not reliable ones) that state that deadeye's accuracy boost is passive, but there haven't been many tests to verify this either way.

Rolf is acting for the second time (it's been many pages of posts, but the battle itself has been moving a turtlish pace), first time around he naturally had 100% hit and was 2HKOing with the Brave Bow, so I didn't bother rolling the dice at all. Now I automatically doubled Rolf's hit, and then assigned Deadeye to the last position, after hit and crit.

I do suppose this could use some testing.

Sorry about the confusion. Deadeye's accuracy boost is always active, but Rolf didn't proc the sleep bit on any of the times.

I must've confused everyone by copy n pasting the last sentence without changing the participant's name (honestly I'm surprised I haven't done something like this a lot more often because it's pretty tiring).

Refa moves next.

ike stab rolf with brave sword

EDIT i have no idea why i didn't do that sooner

Edited by Refa

Sorry about the confusion. Deadeye's accuracy boost is always active, but Rolf didn't proc the sleep bit on any of the times.

wow, if this is the case, then a deadeye sniper @ brave bow is a must have for any team because he'll pretty much always hit and has a roughly 25% chance per any given round of combat to put an enemy to sleep.

See this is why you should allow FORGED WEAPONS!

EDIT I actually don't know what proves the need for forged weapons, I just really want them and noone agrees with me except shadykid.

Edited by Refa

i think aether should be rolled like adept because it's been shown before that individual hits of aether can miss.

EDIT: if we can finalize some rules and mechanics then maybe i can try submitting a team!

Edited by dondon151

right, but say that you're not doubling with the brave sword, so you only get two consecutive attacks. the question is:

1. does aether try to activate at the beginning of each consecutive attack?

2. does aether try to activate only at the beginning of the first attack and can never activate on the second attack?

FE9's description for adept on the site leads me to believe that adept works like point 2 above where if it activates with a brave weapon equipped, you actually get an extra two attacks (whereas in FE10 i believe it tries to activate off each individual non-adept swing, like in point 1 above).

although i'm more inclined to believe that aether replaces one of your swings with a two-hit aether whereas adept just adds an extra swing or two, which is why there could be a reason that they activate differently in FE9.

Edited by dondon151