Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

I don't understand what you mean by this, can you explain?

In a theoretical situation where scum!you had just hammered Poly, they'd want to send you on the kill because you'd be the most suspicious and therefore have the lowest survival rate anyway if you got caught by a Watcher or something.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Eury and Zell

I may as start with. I'm a little confused to as why Eury died when we didn't even have a hammer. If it only takes half the votes on someone to lynch them could that happen again today? Or is this governor power a one-shot thing?

I guess I'm not too shocked that Zell was gone since he was obvtown.

So right now to get everything straight confirmed town is:

Refa, Kirsche, and GB

That leaves possible scum as;

BBM, Prims, Shmo, Eclipse or I

and right now there is a fight going on between Prims and BBM, where one is definitely scummy.

On top of that there is a halted sort of mass claim.

If you want me to claim I will

Alright so I've finally caught up on reading everything and I'm going to respond to Eclipse's stuff:

1. I've already addressed the posting at the same time thing, you'll see it I'm sure

2. I'm a newbie so I agree that my d1 post was bad :( but I think I approved a lot for my d2 post (even though I ended up being wrong)

3. I'm just not use to people attacking so aggressively and boron did use some unnecessary language

4. I appreciate your advice, I'm trying to help by constructing better reads

As far as the BBM vs. Prims thing goes

I think it's likely enough that Prims had a such an ability

We don't know after all what kind of abilities people have. Clearly someone has the ability to lynch only needing half the number of votes :s

Since we're in the middle of this issue currently I'll hold off on reads for the moment and I'll also hold off on my vote. Trying to just decide between BBM vs. Prims. I've read both their arguments and now I plan to go back and read all their posts in the thread and cite some reasons to support my claim.

Refa: I have something very specific in mind and I'd like to hear BBM's element. Sorry, I forgot you already said yours.

meibum: Refa is not clear. He's an un-counter-claimed cop (meaning he's said he's cop and nobody has said "no I'm cop"), but that doesn't mean he can lie. Likewise, kirsche and I are only clear if Refa is telling the truth. That said, it's unusual for scum claiming cop to fake clears on their scumbuddies, as that is a huge risk to tie them that closely. You should probably treat all three of us as very-likely clears instead of confirmed town.

I didn't want this post to be a massive shitstorm of quotes, so what you get is what I think about BBM's and Prims' positions, with some side comments on the other slots as deemed appropriate by me.

(+'s used to mark actions that I think are townie and -'s for actions that I think are scummy...and / for null, but something I felt was worth commenting on regardless)

BBM

+I don't think he'd be quite so eager to accept my cop claim if he were scum, unless we were scumbuddies and he knew that I was going to fakeclaim ahead of time (FMPOV, that's an impossibility, but objectively speaking).

+Not voting Prims makes sense for town (well, at the time), and I don't feel like scum would be thinking about a potential quickhammer in this situation.

-I don't like his point about Prims only mentioning certain points in regards to kirsche and Eury, because not everything scum does will give off scum vibes.

+OK, later on he explains this more thoroughly and I can understand the basic gist of his argument now.

+His point about Prims only looking at the scum benefits of kirsche's quickhammer rather than the consequences makes sense, though.

-His (first) rolespec post doesn't really make sense to me. I don't see why town can't have hook, and it's not really particularly like doc at all (can negatively impact town, has to target the killer rather than person likely to get killed, which is fundamentally harder). Kill Cop also has to track people who have killed, so it has to specifically track scum who has killed. Vigs being millers makes sense I guess, although in my experience an un CC'd vig claim + shot is considered obvious town.

/While what you said irt to when to use hooks and investigative roles makes sense, I feel like a killcop would be more effective on later days.

-His theory about Prims being the scum hooker doesn't make sense, as I don't see why scum would idle such a role just to make a fake report.

+His logic regarding Mason claims makes sense, I honestly wasn't expecting Zell to claim so soon either, although I guess with Prims mentioning SB's mason crumb, it was kind of obvious who his partner was.

-Not sure if I like BBM's logic regarding Prims claim. OK, I get why he didn't claim full Hooker, as hooking kirsche twice in a row is kind of ehhhhh for town to do (especially considering Prims stated that he would've switched his vote to BBM). But what I don't understand is why wouldn't he want to get into a 1v1 with me, instead of BBM. I mean, more people had scumreads on me D2 than they did on BBM, so it would probably be easier to get a mislynch on me in that case.

Prims

+His logic regarding kirsche probably not being the Godfather makes sense, and it doesn't make sense for scum too add more clears against them (I'd imagine scum just stopping at mentioning the possibility of kirsche/Grassbridger being the Godfather).

-I don't really agree with what he's saying in regards to BBM's D2 vote, as BBM had multiple other detailed reads on other players, so it doesn't come across to me as a votepark,

+His theory regarding the shot on Manix makes sense, considering Manix was tunneling BBM and I don't think anyone else saw him as crumbing Doc except BBM (TBF, BBM's logic on that matter was sound).

+His N1 kill logic makes sense to me, and honestly I'm not sure why Eury wasn't on SB N1 (well, I guess she didn't catch his crumb; I sure didn't).

+kirsche was kind of bothering me D1 too (which is why I chose to scan him), so I can't fault Prims for thinking the same

Eclipse

Don't have any particularly big issue with her big list post. Would like to see more current reads from her and thoughts on BBM vs Prims though.

Shmobum

Not quite sure why he was so eager to claim, but that could be chalked up to lack of experience rather than scum intent, so it's a null tell for now. Although this means that either Eclipse and Meibum are the dayvig and governor, or someone is lying about their roles. More inclined to suspicious of the vanillas since they're easier to fake and noone thus far has announced any tracking roles, although I'll have to look into it more deeply later on.

SO overall, I feel like BBM has more flaws, but I think that can be chalked up to him posting a lot more than anything else. Would like for him (and Prims, for that matter) to respond to my points though before I take a more definite stance.

All of a sudden, you all stop your mindless bickering to see Refa collapse.

It's too bad he wasn't made of Boron, Osmium and Sulfur, because then he would still be alive, being a BOsS and all.

Refa has died. He was...

Dear Refa,

You are Flerovium, Scum Roleblock.

You’re atomic number 114, your symbol is Fl, and you’re unexpectedly volatile. You’re the heaviest known member of the carbon group. Your most stable isotope has a half-life of about 66 seconds which is one of the longest half-lives of a superheavy element. You were named after a laboratory in Russia which was named after a Russian physicist Georgy Flyorov.

Since you’re part of the carbon group, you’re able to bond with stuff theoretically. Not that you’ve existed in real life for long enough to test this. But! That’s not the point. Every night, you may reply to this role PM with Night X: Bond with <user>. You will spend that night bonding with <user> and as such not allowing them to use any of their abilities that night. You may also perform the mafia kill by replying to this PM with Night X: Remove <user> from the Periodic Table.

You know that neither your role nor your name are safe to claim. Instead, you should claim Silicon, town Alignment Cop.

You are allied with the Synthetic Elements and win when all threats are eliminated.

Phase Unpause.

Edited by The Protown SK

Heh...

Hahaha

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It was me all along~

But feel free to enjoy your last few days being alive, town! :)

(don't you know a :) makes even the most horrific things seem happier in retrospect)

Elie Can't Properly Flip Ever Votals

BBM (1): Prims

Prims (1): BBM

Voteless: Grassbridger, eclipse, meibum, schmobum, kirsche

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to achieve a phase ending Hammer. Phase ends in 48 hours and 16 minutes from this post.

Edited by The Protown SK

Can people please place votals in segregated areas of their posts, instead of just including them within a paragraph? It makes it more annoying and difficult for me to do my job, and I'm sure other hosts have difficulties with it too.

RIP Refa

well now that the first mafia is gone by the mysterious day killer I guess I'll go and scope out some of Refa's post in more to detail to see if there are any hints there,

also I guess this mean that GB and Kirsche aren't safe anymore and that buts everyone on the table.

Since Refa was killed I'm guessing that the day killer in either BBM (since he was suspecting Refa for awhile) or Eclipse (since she hasn't posted recently and it would be easy to sneak in when the thread wasn't super active and send the kill action out without anyone suspecting).

Since they killed a mafia member it could have either been a shot in the dark (for Eclipse) or a good guess by BBM,

if it is BBM to me that confirms himself as town and it makes sense he would claim as vanilla given such a power role.

Refa said he did cop reads and confirmed both GB and Kirsche as town so I'd sort of like both to claim, since I think with that Refa would likely chose one town and one of his scumbuddies to sort of protect them with his claim.

So I really think either one of the two is scum.

I don't really read GB as scum, his posts don't seem especially trying to sway away in a certain direction.

Kirsche has that early hammer thing on him, but I did read it as a bad judgement call earlier.

Although I read in the mafia help thread you shouldn't hold on to your reads too tightly.

Kirsche is claiming they were role blocked twice, which suggest a power role.

And Eurykins who was town did call both GB and Refa to be scumbuddies.

So my vote is sort of focused between those two right now.

I want to hear from both of them and everyone else before casting my vote though.

Gut says the Daykiller is Grass and he was given insomniac as a cover-up. This is rolespec, but nobody's play has struck me as particularly SK-y.

Alternately, BBM could just be a serial killer. That makes a lot of sense.

##Vote: BBM

for now

I think the daykiller is an independent party, but I don't know who yet, maybe eclipse? But I do think BBM is scum because Refa tried pretty hard to make it seem like he was against him, but I don't think BBM is the Godfather because he seems to take too many risks.

Actually Grass makes a ton of sense as SK because he'd know Refa's report on him was fake and to shoot Refa to stall the game (in town lynched wrong today).

HMMMMMM

Gonna re-read Refa. I still think shmo/BBM makes the most sense though. BBM is obvious, shmo just kind of makes one-liners now and then but ignores most of what is addressed to him and I don't appreciate the lack of effort. kirsche is basically clear.

Actually Grass makes a ton of sense as SK because he'd know Refa's report on him was fake and to shoot Refa to stall the game (in town lynched wrong today).

Does being a SK make you scum?