Periodic Table of Elements ~Game Thread~ Game Over

scorri

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'd argue at this point that meibum's calling me a hostile, rude person is going beyond the context of the game. She ignored my after-the-game post completely. She won't even tell me why she thought I was being hostile, or what bothered her, or why she thinks I am literally the worst out of everyone. If she wants to call me rude in the context of the game and ONLY the game, whatever. But if you look at her response to my post, she's still calling me rude. She's continuing to slander me outside of the context of the game.

I am not going to sit here and take this. I am not going to let her call me a mean, rude person when she has never talked to me outside of mafia and doesn't know me and make me look like the bad guy when I am not the only person at fault or even doing this kind of stuff. And if you cannot see my issues with this, then I suppose you won't mind if someone did the same to you and tried to slander your person OUTSIDE of mafia when they only know you within the context of mafia.

@Boron and Bizz and Baldrick:

I held myself back, I assure you.

Is an admission of "oops I went too far, my bad, I did try to be as uncondescending as possible though" and AFAIK that seems ok to BBM as he hasn't brought it up since. It's water under the bridge.

Boron at least has the excuse of being in the heat of the moment, whereas you did it in a cold and calculating fashion.

What?

What I said was the ending to a heated argument. What Boron said came out of absolutely nowhere and was her reaction to someone playing bad.

Who the fuck cares if he is a well established player?

Are you seriously telling me that you treat people you've never met before the same as you treat people you know well?

You're still failing to admit that I was not any more hostile than any other players were.

You were though, you really were. Maybe as hostile as me, but noone else was as outright condescending/aggressive as you or I, and even if they were you saying this clearly means that you don't feel guilty about being it at all.

Everyone else HAS said as such. Including this game's host herself. You are LITERALLY the only person besides mei and shmo who thinks that I was actually solely in the wrong.

Not in the game they didn't, they're doing it because you're making a big deal out of it.

Mei could've been more tactful as well, but everything on her part is just reactionary to you. You're the agressor here, and at the very least I know you know better.

[quotre]But I got no such requests, just continued shots at my "hostility"

Of course she's going to talk about your hostility towards her more than hostility towards someone else.

I am not going to tolerate being made out to be the bad guy over something that isn't actually overly hostile.

What is overly hostile? Who determines if something is overly hostile, you and you alone? What is and isn't "overly hostile" differs from person to person and that is why you treat different people differently.

What if, say, Mei is like Bizz. Would you talk to Bizz like that? Imagine if Mei started feeling terrible about herself and had to sub out because she was started to lose sleep based on your actions to her. Sure, you might be genuinely apologetic to her, but would that make it ok? Would that have made the extraordinary amount of stress on her justified? @Bizz: If Boron treated you like during your first game with her, how would you feel?

Just because it turned out that way doesn't mean it was ok to be like that to someone. You don't act like that to someone you don't know because you don't know how they'll take it. That right there is covered by common decency and/or basic social skills.

What?

What I said was the ending to a heated argument. What Boron said came out of absolutely nowhere and was her reaction to someone playing bad.

Boron was speaking her mind, I agree it was harsh but it wasn't premeditated or intended to hurt mei. Whereas you say you bait people when you think they're scum, deliberately aiming to hurt them so that they play badly due to anger.

That makes a world of difference IMHO.

Not in the game they didn't, they're doing it because you're making a big deal out of it.

Personally, I got involved because mei's post game response was just that bad. If anything, I would have called out boron for it otherwise.

i think this whole argument is completely off tangent really. boron made a civil post which was fairly warranted. if mei's response here is the only thing she has to say, instead of responding an a similarly civil manner, then there's a problem.

during the game? I can understand trying to throw townies off with weird arguments etc as mafia. it happens. but the fact that it transcends past the game, and into postgame, is where the problem lies. boron is justified in wanting a proper response, particularly after mei's attitude, and given the quality of said response, is why this is a problem. boron is in the right here imo.

the last half a page of the thread really wasn't too necessary so yeah. have an nice day.

warning: Major case of sour grapes above.

Although I shouldn't be surprised a rude player would continue being rude.

Also don't make excuses as to why your team loss, please.

It doesn't make you look good.

edit: I don't like interacting with negative people so if you respond to this I won't.

Lol, and here I see a sour victor. Can't even remain civil post-game. Cute.

The obvious reasons behind the win are obvious. Not excuses. And who was making excuses, pray tell? Explain, if you would.

Lololololol. "You guys are meanies, therefore I don't wanna talk to you" is pretty much what I heard from this statement. Not sure this could get anymore childish of a response.

Man. Being a newbie player is one thing, but the attitude behind this new player is just god awful. Grow up and learn to be civil around people, even if it's just for a forum Mafia game. ;)

(Oh well~ I'm done here. Lookin' forward to the other Mafia game soon to come.)

Edited by Eurykins

All of you honestly. Just stop. Kirshe thank you for being a good person here and standing up for what's right. It's horrible how you guys are ganging up on Mei here. The only reason she made the sour grapes post was because they were harassing her even AFTER the game. Honestly you guys need to learn to move on. It's a GAME not REAL LIFE. We're playing characters and I find it a bit ridiculous that I need to talk about this to several grown men. Just get your priorities checked and stop harassing an innocent girl.

Lol, and here I see a sour victor. Can't even remain civil post-game. Cute.

The obvious reasons behind the win are obvious. Not excuses. And who was making excuses, pray tell? Explain, if you would.

Lololololol. "You guys are meanies, therefore I don't wanna talk to you" is pretty much what I heard from this statement. Not sure this could get anymore childish of a response.

Man. Being a newbie player is one thing, but the attitude behind this new player is just god awful. Grow up and learn to be civil around people, even if it's just for a forum Mafia game. ;)

(Oh well~ I'm done here. Lookin' forward to the other Mafia game soon to come.)

Are you calling what you guys are saying Civil? You're just coming off as condescending and that's incredibly childish. 'LOLOLOL' isn't civil.

Also, I'd argue at this point that meibum's calling me a hostile, rude person is going beyond the context of the game. She ignored my after-the-game post completely. She won't even tell me why she thought I was being hostile, or what bothered her, or why she thinks I am literally the worst out of everyone. If she wants to call me rude in the context of the game and ONLY the game, whatever. But if you look at her response to my post, she's still calling me rude. She's continuing to slander me outside of the context of the game.

I am not going to sit here and take this. I am not going to let her call me a mean, rude person when she has never talked to me outside of mafia and doesn't know me and make me look like the bad guy when I am not the only person at fault or even doing this kind of stuff. And if you cannot see my issues with this, then I suppose you won't mind if someone did the same to you and tried to slander your person OUTSIDE of mafia when they only know you within the context of mafia.

She just simply made the post to close the discussion because she didn't want to fight about an internet game with a grown man. You were continuing to complain about her even after the game and that's incredibly childish.

I refuse to adjust my play style or the way I speak/type just because people are new. Because guess what, I didn't get any breaks when I was new in Xenoblade and NSFMM3. I will not purposely antagonize a person who was a legitimate issue, but I am NOT going to sugarcoat my words and coddle new players just because they're new.

This is a prime example of someone taking the internet too seriously. You're not going to have any new players if you continue to be so rude and get hung up on things like this. This is a fun little game on the forums, I don't think you realize how childish you are being. You're getting all your friends on here to gang up on her and attack her? Does that sound civil and adult behavior to you? No. That's kids on the playground behavior.

Boron was speaking her mind, I agree it was harsh but it wasn't premeditated or intended to hurt mei. Whereas you say you bait people when you think they're scum, deliberately aiming to hurt them so that they play badly due to anger.

That makes a world of difference IMHO.

Personally, I got involved because mei's post game response was just that bad. If anything, I would have called out boron for it otherwise.

Her post game response was bad? It was trying to close the conversation and stop an argument about something that you guys won't let go. That sounds pretty mature and civil to me.

i think this whole argument is completely off tangent really. boron made a civil post which was fairly warranted. if mei's response here is the only thing she has to say, instead of responding an a similarly civil manner, then there's a problem.

during the game? I can understand trying to throw townies off with weird arguments etc as mafia. it happens. but the fact that it transcends past the game, and into postgame, is where the problem lies. boron is justified in wanting a proper response, particularly after mei's attitude, and given the quality of said response, is why this is a problem. boron is in the right here imo.

the last half a page of the thread really wasn't too necessary so yeah. have an nice day.

He wasn't being civil at all, he was saying she was 'too sensitive for mafia' and basically telling her she couldn't play because he didn't like her playstyle.

Only member of the scumteam not to have actual scumslips

Except for the part when he said he was scum, but, y'know, strategy

I'm not saying I disagree, after all I have a very hard time looking at things objectively, just that I wanted to be MVP. :P

Also does SK count as scum because I honestly thought you played better than the scum team, Prims thought the SK was BBM until like the second to last day.

Only member of the scumteam not to have actual scumslips

Except for the part when he said he was scum, but, y'know, strategy

but that's the biggest scumslip of all

he felt kind of obvious once he started to 1v1 bbm but apparently i'm the only one who thought that

Town MVP: Grass and Prims, the former vigged one scum while the latter led the wagon on the second one.

Honestly I thought BBM > Prims, but I would have lynched BBM based on avatar.

Edited by Huck Finn

I'd say SB is Town MVP, he was pretty spot on with a lot of his reads. Dunno if he caught Mei's scumslip, but wrt to me and Prims anyways...

I also scumread both of you, my scumteam guess D3 was "two of BBM/Refa/Prims"

Everyone who thought my D1 was bad: You might be right, but I was playing D1 and N1 as a full townie, legitimately trying to lynch scum and not hiding or lying about any reads. Everything you thought was bad was just my town play. (That doesn't mean it wasn't scummy-looking, I admit.)