Okay, so I've been wanting to ask someone about the pairings I chose and how good they are (Both support/story/personality wise and optimization wise). I've played the game for a while now and wondered how good my pairings are. So I wanted to get a chance to ask other FE:A players about them. How good are my pairings good optimization wise and support wise? (I tried balancing them both out, not doing the worst optimization pairings or doing crack pairings)

Alright so here are my pairings and the skills they passed down to their children:

Chrom x Fem!MyUnit; This one just kind of...happened. At the end of Chapter 11, apparently my Avatar had the highest supports with Chrom, so they got married. I didn't reset it cause it's my first time playing, so now I want to say I don't regret it.

Children: Lucina- Chrom passes down Aether and Fem!MyUnit passes down Ignis.

Male!Morgan- Chrom passes down Rightful King and Fem!MyUnit passes down Galeforce

Fredrick x Sumia; This one was sort of based on personal opinion. Since Fem!MyUnit was with Chrom, Sumia had a romantic option cut out, leaving Fredrick, Gaius, and Henry. For some reason I didn't like Gaius and Henry's hair colors on her so I went with Fredrick (And I had plans to pair Henry with someone else). Plus, imo, the supports were super adorable. Also, I couldn't find anyone better to pair Fredrick with at the time. I heard it's the worst pairing for Sumia stat wise; is that true?

Children: Cynthia- Fredrick passed down Aegis and Sumia passed down Galeforce

Virion x Sully; This one was truly based on my opinion. As soon as I saw them in Chapter 1 with their hilarious dialogue, I wanted to pair them up. I don't know if this is a good pairing or not stat wise for Kjelle. It's one of my favorite couples in Fire Emblem: Awakening, but is the optimization for Kjelle really bad?

Children: Kjelle- Virion passed down Bowbreaker and Sully passed down Aegis

Stahl x Cordelia; For some reason, when I saw the two together do so well in battle, I wanted to pair them up. That wasn't a bad choice; I later found out Stahl is one of Severa's best fathers. I might keep this pairing, unless you guys think there are better couples for Stahl and Coredlia respectively.

Children: Severa- Stahl passed down Aegis and Cordelia passed down Galeforce

Vaike x Lissa; I had a hard time with this one. I found it super hard to find a good husband for Lissa. Her options were limited at the time, so I did some research. I found out Vaike was a pretty solid father for Owain, so I went with it. The supports helped with my decision as well. Are there better husbands for Lissa though?

Children: Owain- Vaike passed down Counter and Lissa passed down Galeforce

Donnel x Nowi; Found out this was one of the best pairings for Nowi since Donnel passes down Aptitude to make a super strong Nah. Plus, the two look cute together, and I found Nah's hair to match her red cloak quite nicely.

Children: Nah- Donnel passed down Aptitude and Nowi passed down Swordbreaker (Nah also learned Lancebreaker once I made her a Griffon Rider)

Lon'qu x Olivia; ...I seriously had no purpose with optimization for this pairing. I went with it because I thought it was super adorable. Both are quiet and quite awkward around other people (women for Lon'qu), so I thought it'd be cute if they both got married. Plus Inigo looked good with Lon'qu's hair color, and the supports were pretty good. This pairing isn't bad stat wise, is it?

Children: Inigo- Lon'qu passed down Vantage (because I did NOT want to go through the whole Myrimdon line) and Olivia passed down Galeforce

Ricken x Miriel; One of my last pairings. Since both are magic users, I figured they would make Laurent an even powerful mage. The supports helped a bit too, although I did this one mainly because of the high magic stat.

Children: Laurent- Ricken passed down Lifetaker and Miriel passed down Dual Support+

Gaius x Panne; ...This is seriously the last pairing I created. It was either Gaius or Kellam. I went with Gaius because I didn't want him to be forever alone'd he has good speed and skill stats, which Taguels excel in. Supports were freaking hilarious. Is Gaius better with someone else? I heard he's one of the best fathers. (Although I really don't care about the Galeforce thing with Gaius...as you can see, most of my characters already have Galeforce)

Children: Yarne- Gaius passed down Astra and Panne passed down Lethality.

Gregor x Cherche; This pairing I just went with the flow. Gregor's hair color looked good on Gerome, and both parents have really good stats. Plus I heard Gregor was a great father for Gerome, which was even a bigger reason why I went with it!

Children: Gerome- Gregor passed down Armsthrift and Cherche passed down Deliverer (so I can avoid the whole Griffon Rider line)

Libra x Maribelle; Both have high magic stats as well as being healers. That's why I ended up making Brady into a Sage. Supports also showed Maribelle's kind side that some people don't seem to notice.

Children: Brady- Libra passed down Lifetaker and Maribelle passed down Galeforce

Henry x Tharja; Both are magic users (although I found out later on that Noire is an archer). I found it kind of hilarious to pair both dark mages up; it makes sense to why Noire is bipolar. I felt like this pairing wasn't as good optimization wise as I thought, but it wasn't really bad.

Children: Noire- Henry passed down Lifetaker and Tharja passed down Vengence.

Kellam got forever alone'd cause I'm mean. /Brick'd

Children pairings don't matter to me right now, I really want to focus on first gen pairings.

If you comment, thanks for helping! I really appreciate it. :^_^: (Also sorry for the long explanation; I get carried away sometimes :sweatdrop: )

Edited by LuigiandShadowGirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally comment on optimization, but I can say that Vaike!Lissa is solid, save for switching Galeforce with Renewal (I'm personally not all gung ho for too many Galeforce units and Renewal can help him, being a myrmidon class with low defense)

Lon'qu!Olivia is also a favorite of mine in all aspects, so no critique needed, tho Luck +4 can be useful with armsthrift

Not so certain about Virion!Sully to be honest, since I always pair her with Stahl. Though, Bowbreaker isnt really needed when Kjelle is a General

Chrom!FeMu is obvious, so I'm not going there.

Thats all I can really help on, but to add one more pointer, Severa works exceptionally well with Vaike as the father. Plus, I like the idea of Chrom's rival joining with lovestruck Cordelia, who helps him in trying to best him.

I'm terrible at pairings from a character/personality/story perspective, so I'll just look at optimization.

First of all, Avatar's kids are going to be amazing at everything. 'nuff said.

[spoiler=Cynthia]

Fredrick x Sumia; This one was sort of based on personal opinion. Since Fem!MyUnit was with Chrom, Sumia had a romantic option cut out, leaving Fredrick, Gaius, and Henry. For some reason I didn't like Gaius and Henry's hair colors on her so I went with Fredrick (And I had plans to pair Henry with someone else). Plus, imo, the supports were super adorable. Also, I couldn't find anyone better to pair Fredrick with at the time. I heard it's the worst pairing for Sumia stat wise; is that true?

This is okay, for a physical Cynthia. I personally prefer Henry!Cynthia, but I guess this is okay. TBH Cynthia is amazing no matter who her dad is, they just produce varying degrees of awesome.

Paladin, Falcoknight, or Dark Flier.

[spoiler=Kjelle]

Virion x Sully; This one was truly based on my opinion. As soon as I saw them in Chapter 1 with their hilarious dialogue, I wanted to pair them up. I don't know if this is a good pairing or not stat wise for Kjelle. It's one of my favorite couples in Fire Emblem: Awakening, but is the optimization for Kjelle really bad?

This is bad. Kjelle would much rather have a dad like Donnel, who gives her Galeforce, or Gaius, if you're not using him for Noire. Virion gives her basically nothing.

If it wasn't clear I'm a huge fan of Galeforce + Luna. Dual-strikes as well.

Paladin, Hero, or Dark Flier.

[spoiler=Severa]

Stahl x Cordelia; For some reason, when I saw the two together do so well in battle, I wanted to pair them up. That wasn't a bad choice; I later found out Stahl is one of Severa's best fathers. I might keep this pairing, unless you guys think there are better couples for Stahl and Coredlia respectively.

This is amazing, yeah. Severa gets literally everything she wants. Except maybe hair, but meh.

BTW, I'm an even bigger fan of Vantage-Vengeance.

Dark Flier for magic, Paladin or Hero for physical (Falcoknight is also fine, probably).

[spoiler=Owain]

Vaike x Lissa; I had a hard time with this one. I found it super hard to find a good husband for Lissa. Her options were limited at the time, so I did some research. I found out Vaike was a pretty solid father for Owain, so I went with it. The supports helped with my decision as well. Are there better husbands for Lissa though?

This is pretty bad, IMO. Owain has only Astra and Lethality as offensive procs, and those are pretty unreliable. In addition Lissa has a nice Mag mod, and Vaike doesn't really give anything to support that. I'd generally suggest someone like Fred or Kellam, or Libra/Henry for VV.
Or Ricken.

Sage.

[spoiler=Nah]

Donnel x Nowi; Found out this was one of the best pairings for Nowi since Donnel passes down Aptitude to make a super strong Nah. Plus, the two look cute together, and I found Nah's hair to match her red cloak quite nicely.
Children: Nah- Donnel passed down Aptitude and Nowi passed down Swordbreaker (Nah also learned Lancebreaker once I made her a Griffon Rider)

This is pretty good, but of the female children without GF, Nah probably wants it the least. I'd use Vaike, for maximum tanking, since that's her niche (Sol for tanking).

Manakete, or Wyvern Lord I guess for a support.

[spoiler=Inigo]

Lon'qu x Olivia; ...I seriously had no purpose with optimization for this pairing. I went with it because I thought it was super adorable. Both are quiet and quite awkward around other people (women for Lon'qu), so I thought it'd be cute if they both got married. Plus Inigo looked good with Lon'qu's hair color, and the supports were pretty good. This pairing isn't bad stat wise, is it?
Children: Inigo- Lon'qu passed down Vantage (because I did NOT want to go through the whole Myrimdon line) and Olivia passed down Galeforce

Pretty bad; Lon'qu's main draw is Myrmidon, and Inigo already has that. Inigo would much rather have a dad like Fred, Kellam, or Ricken, for Luna (or Chrom). The first two are good for a physical Inigo, and Ricken in good for a magical one. Olivia passes neutral mods, so he can do either.
Alternatively, Libra and Henry can produce an Inigo that can VV.

Hero, Paladin, or Sage, depending on the dad.

[spoiler=Laurent]

Ricken x Miriel; One of my last pairings. Since both are magic users, I figured they would make Laurent an even powerful mage. The supports helped a bit too, although I did this one mainly because of the high magic stat.
Children: Laurent- Ricken passed down Lifetaker and Miriel passed down Dual Support+

This is pretty good. Laurent gets a nice Mag mod, and Luna. Other good Laurents are Lon'qu!Laurent and Gregor!Laurent, for VV, which is always nice.
Ricken!Laurent also makes a very powerful hard support.

Sage.

[spoiler=Yarne]

Gaius x Panne; ...This is seriously the last pairing I created. It was either Gaius or Kellam. I went with Gaius because I didn't want him to be forever alone'd he has good speed and skill stats, which Taguels excel in. Supports were freaking hilarious. Is Gaius better with someone else? I heard he's one of the best fathers. (Although I really don't care about the Galeforce thing with Gaius...as you can see, most of my characters already have Galeforce)

Yarne is basically doomed to be a supportbot no matter who his dad is. To capitalize off of that, I'd say his best dads are Fred and Vaike, and his class should be Berserker, since Taguels are 1-locked and have no Brave weapons. Yarne gets basically nothing from Gaius, and Gaius is in high demand from either Noire or Kjelle.

Berserker.

Oh and Panne should pass down a skill from the Wyvern line unless Yarne's dad passes that tree, since Panne doesn't.

[spoiler=Gerome]

Gregor x Cherche; This pairing I just went with the flow. Gregor's hair color looked good on Gerome, and both parents have really good stats. Plus I heard Gregor was a great father for Gerome, which was even a bigger reason why I went with it!
Children: Gerome- Gregor passed down Armsthrift and Cherche passed down Deliverer (so I can avoid the whole Griffon Rider line)

I personally really like this pairing, since I'm biased towards Gerome. This is a solid support unit, since Armsthrift makes his forged Brave Axes unbreakable and he gets access to the Berserker class and nice mods. Other good dads are Fred and Vaike.

Berserker, or Wyvern Lord. Preferably Berserker, but Wyvern Lord with Deliverer allows you to cover a lot of ground.

[spoiler=Brady]

Libra x Maribelle; Both have high magic stats as well as being healers. That's why I ended up making Brady into a Sage. Supports also showed Maribelle's kind side that some people don't seem to notice.
Children: Brady- Libra passed down Lifetaker and Maribelle passed down Galeforce

Brady is in the same boat as Cynthia. Always awesome, assuming you passed down GF. Libra passes down a better Mag mod than many dads, so that's nice.

Brady would be best as a Sage, IMO.

[spoiler=Noire]

Henry x Tharja; Both are magic users (although I found out later on that Noire is an archer). I found it kind of hilarious to pair both dark mages up; it makes sense to why Noire is bipolar. I felt like this pairing wasn't as good optimization wise as I thought, but it wasn't really bad.

Ew. Noire wants either Vantage (for VV), or GF, for GALEFORCE. Gaius has the distinct advantage of giving her both, but Donnel also works.

Dark Flier if possibel, Sorc or Dark Knight otherwise.

To be completely honest though, optimization is not necessary at all. ESPECIALLY within the story mode, but it sounds like that's over.

Also wow I haven't posted in the forum in forever.

EDIT: Adding class suggestions. Physical and magical suggestions are included for most units.

Edited by Euklyd

Donnel/Cordelia

it's so good trust me

It's pretty good, but not quite as good as Fred/Sully. Or Olivia/Gregor, which is truly the pinnacle of FE13 perfection.

I didn't suggest those because I assumed that OP wasn't interested in soloing Apotheosis.

It's pretty good, but not quite as good as Fred/Sully. Or Olivia/Gregor, which is truly the pinnacle of FE13 perfection.

I didn't suggest those because I assumed that OP wasn't interested in soloing Apotheosis.

All my favorites

Get lots of GF and Luna. As much as possible. Donnel and Gaius pass down the fighter class, but it turns to Pegasus Knight for daughters, so keep that in mind.

This is amazing, yeah. Severa gets literally everything she wants. Except maybe hair, but meh.

Dark Flier for magic, Paladin or Hero for physical (Falcoknight is also fine, probably).

Severa has hideous hair when Stahl is her father.

It looks barf-colored. But it is a great pairing indeed.

Thank you guys so much for your imput!! :^_^:

I don't normally comment on optimization, but I can say that Vaike!Lissa is solid, save for switching Galeforce with Renewal (I'm personally not all gung ho for too many Galeforce units and Renewal can help him, being a myrmidon class with low defense)

Lon'qu!Olivia is also a favorite of mine in all aspects, so no critique needed, tho Luck +4 can be useful with armsthrift

Not so certain about Virion!Sully to be honest, since I always pair her with Stahl. Though, Bowbreaker isnt really needed when Kjelle is a General

Chrom!FeMu is obvious, so I'm not going there.

Thats all I can really help on, but to add one more pointer, Severa works exceptionally well with Vaike as the father. Plus, I like the idea of Chrom's rival joining with lovestruck Cordelia, who helps him in trying to best him.

You have a good point there, Myrmidons do have a low defense.... That actually would be a better idea... Alright, next time I'll replace Galeforce with Renewal. I'm not too excited about getting Galeforce with everyone either, hence not marrying Gaius to someone like Tharja, for example.

That's a wonderful idea too. Since Inigo starts with Armsthrift, Olivia can give him the Dancer only skill Luck +4.

Gah, thanks for helping me realize! Since Kjelle also inherits Aegis from Sully, she wouldn't need Bowbreaker since Aegis cuts bow damage in half... and she's a general too. Thanks so much!

That sounds like an interesting pairing. :) Chrom and Sumia vs Vaike and Cordelia...I've never thought of that before.

I'm terrible at pairings from a character/personality/story perspective, so I'll just look at optimization.

First of all, Avatar's kids are going to be amazing at everything. 'nuff said.

[spoiler=Cynthia]

This is okay, for a physical Cynthia. I personally prefer Henry!Cynthia, but I guess this is okay. TBH Cynthia is amazing no matter who her dad is, they just produce varying degrees of awesome.

Paladin, Falcoknight, or Dark Flier.

[spoiler=Kjelle]

This is bad. Kjelle would much rather have a dad like Donnel, who gives her Galeforce, or Gaius, if you're not using him for Noire. Virion gives her basically nothing.

If it wasn't clear I'm a huge fan of Galeforce + Luna. Dual-strikes as well.

Paladin, Hero, or Dark Flier.

[spoiler=Severa]

[spoiler=Owain]

This is pretty bad, IMO. Owain has only Astra and Lethality as offensive procs, and those are pretty unreliable. In addition Lissa has a nice Mag mod, and Vaike doesn't really give anything to support that. I'd generally suggest someone like Fred or Kellam, or Libra/Henry for VV.
Or Ricken.

Sage.

[spoiler=Nah]

This is pretty good, but of the female children without GF, Nah probably wants it the least. I'd use Vaike, for maximum tanking, since that's her niche (Sol for tanking).

Manakete, or Wyvern Lord I guess for a support.

[spoiler=Inigo]

Pretty bad; Lon'qu's main draw is Myrmidon, and Inigo already has that. Inigo would much rather have a dad like Fred, Kellam, or Ricken, for Luna (or Chrom). The first two are good for a physical Inigo, and Ricken in good for a magical one. Olivia passes neutral mods, so he can do either.
Alternatively, Libra and Henry can produce an Inigo that can VV.

Hero, Paladin, or Sage, depending on the dad.

[spoiler=Laurent]

This is pretty good. Laurent gets a nice Mag mod, and Luna. Other good Laurents are Lon'qu!Laurent and Gregor!Laurent, for VV, which is always nice.
Ricken!Laurent also makes a very powerful hard support.

Sage.

[spoiler=Yarne]

Yarne is basically doomed to be a supportbot no matter who his dad is. To capitalize off of that, I'd say his best dads are Fred and Vaike, and his class should be Berserker, since Taguels are 1-locked and have no Brave weapons. Yarne gets basically nothing from Gaius, and Gaius is in high demand from either Noire or Kjelle.

Berserker.

Oh and Panne should pass down a skill from the Wyvern line unless Yarne's dad passes that tree, since Panne doesn't.

[spoiler=Gerome]

I personally really like this pairing, since I'm biased towards Gerome. This is a solid support unit, since Armsthrift makes his forged Brave Axes unbreakable and he gets access to the Berserker class and nice mods. Other good dads are Fred and Vaike.

Berserker, or Wyvern Lord. Preferably Berserker, but Wyvern Lord with Deliverer allows you to cover a lot of ground.

[spoiler=Brady]

Brady is in the same boat as Cynthia. Always awesome, assuming you passed down GF. Libra passes down a better Mag mod than many dads, so that's nice.

Brady would be best as a Sage, IMO.

[spoiler=Noire]

Ew. Noire wants either Vantage (for VV), or GF, for GALEFORCE. Gaius has the distinct advantage of giving her both, but Donnel also works.

Dark Flier if possibel, Sorc or Dark Knight otherwise.

To be completely honest though, optimization is not necessary at all. ESPECIALLY within the story mode, but it sounds like that's over.

Also wow I haven't posted in the forum in forever.

EDIT: Adding class suggestions. Physical and magical suggestions are included for most units.

Gosh, thank you so much for the long input! I really appreciate it! I'll take all of your information into consideration. ^^ Also, I sort of figured Virion x Sully and Tharja x Henry are bad optimization wise in the first place, but I did them honestly because of my headcanons. As for most of the classes you listed, most of my children are, indeed those classes. Like, Brady is a sage in my file. Thanks again! (And no, I don't have Apotheosis so I'm not doing it)

Donnel/Cordelia

it's so good trust me

Can you explain how Donnel and Cordelia are good? Is it because Donnel passes down Aptitude?

All my favorites

Get lots of GF and Luna. As much as possible. Donnel and Gaius pass down the fighter class, but it turns to Pegasus Knight for daughters, so keep that in mind.

Oh, I didn't know Pegasus Knights turn into the fight class when it passes to sons! Didn't even know Donnel passes down Pegasus Knight

Thanks for telling me! In that case, Yarne inherited the fighter class from Gaius. And a huge chunk of my units do have Galeforce and Luna. :)

Severa has hideous hair when Stahl is her father.

It looks barf-colored. But it is a great pairing indeed.

I think it's a great pairing as well. I actually liked the supports. Most people don't like Stahl's hair color in general, but I actually find Stahl's hair color to be best on Severa for some reason. More so the reason for me to keep going with Stahl x Cordelia.

Edited by LuigiandShadowGirl

Can you explain how Donnel and Cordelia are good? Is it because Donnel passes down Aptitude?

That was a joke (as were the responses). Donnel's entire point in existing as far as kids are concerned is to pass Peg Knight (and Merc).

Severa already has both.

Oh, I didn't know Pegasus Knights turn into the fight class when it passes to sons! Didn't even know Donnel passes down Pegasus Knight

Thanks for telling me! In that case, Yarne inherited the fighter class from Gaius. And a huge chunk of my units do have Galeforce and Luna. :)

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Bottom of the page.

Thank you guys so much for your imput!! :^_^:

You have a good point there, Myrmidons do have a low defense.... That actually would be a better idea... Alright, next time I'll replace Galeforce with Renewal. I'm not too excited about getting Galeforce with everyone either, hence not marrying Gaius to someone like Tharja, for example.

That's a wonderful idea too. Since Inigo starts with Armsthrift, Olivia can give him the Dancer only skill Luck +4.

I personally say that you should stick with giving Owain Galeforce over renewal(if you don't mind grinding) simply because Owain can get through war monk to get renewal after being recruited, but he can only get galeforce from Lissa.

As for Inigo, 4 more luck is not worth not having galeforce(when limit breaker exist), but that's just my opinion.

As for the other pairings, other people already said it better than I could.

Edited by LuxSpes

Chiming back in to agree with what LuxSpes said.

Galeforce is miles better than any other female exclusive skill (or most any skill, really). GF!Owain >>> any-other!Owain, and the same is true for any other child.

Chiming back in to agree with what LuxSpes said.

Galeforce is miles better than any other female exclusive skill (or most any skill, really). GF!Owain >>> any-other!Owain, and the same is true for any other child.

The only other female exclusive skill I'd pass is Dual Support+ on non-galeforce mothers.

The only other female exclusive skill I'd pass is Dual Support+ on non-galeforce mothers.

Renewal is okay for Laurent, though. I'd say that's the only case where there isn't a clear "best option" (Renewal vs. DS+, assuming that Laurent's dad doesn't pass Priest).

I personally say that you should stick with giving Owain Galeforce over renewal(if you don't mind grinding) simply because Owain can get through war monk to get renewal after being recruited, but he can only get galeforce from Lissa.

As for Inigo, 4 more luck is not worth not having galeforce(when limit breaker exist), but that's just my opinion.

As for the other pairings, other people already said it better than I could.

Gah, I didn't know Owain could become a War Monk...that changes my plans once again!

I was planning on having Inigo keep Galeforce because it's actually very helpful for him.

Yeah I passed Duel Support + from Miriel to Laurent because I had trouble deciding what skills to pass...

Renewal is okay for Laurent, though. I'd say that's the only case where there isn't a clear "best option" (Renewal vs. DS+, assuming that Laurent's dad doesn't pass Priest).

How does Laurent get Renewal? He would have to have a father like Libra right?

How does Laurent get Renewal? He would have to have a father like Libra right?

Either that, or his mother, who gets War Cleric via Troubadour, has to pass it down.

Chrom x Fem!MyUnit; This one just kind of...happened. At the end of Chapter 11, apparently my Avatar had the highest supports with Chrom, so they got married. I didn't reset it cause it's my first time playing, so now I want to say I don't regret it.

Children: Lucina- Chrom passes down Aether and Fem!MyUnit passes down Ignis.

Male!Morgan- Chrom passes down Rightful King and Fem!MyUnit passes down Galeforce

I may not know the asset and flaw combo, but really, it's Avatar and it's Chrom, the kid will always be good, and good call on passing down Galeforce, best to make Morgan a sweeper to take advantage of that, say...a Berserker with Agressor.

I'd say stat-wise, it's the least impressive (+4 skill and +1 strength/defense, only +2 speed), but that doesn't necessarily make it bad[i/]. Ol' Freddy boy gives Cynthia Aegis and Wyvern Rider, which can actually be a pretty good combination. It's not going to be bad at any role you put it in, it just doesn't really excell in any specific function. Still, Cynthia will be a good physical asset. And Galeforce as well.

Now, I fully believe every pairing in this game (more or less) has potential, and I'm not going to go 'o virion wtf no0b so badses.' In fact, I kind of like Virion. He, when you actually look at it, makes a decent Kjelle with high skill and speed and average strength. Your main issue is defense, but with Wyvern Rider and Cavalier classes available, it's not a real issue. Sully gives both Luna and Astra as offensive skills and the fantastic Assassin class, which is pretty damn evasive to make up for that defense penalty.

Stahl and Cordelia make a Severa with good classes, +4 strength and some kicking skills for offense. Now personally, I like Gaius a bit better for Severa because of the speed bonus, but his Galeforce is wry valuable and probably best spent on another sweeper. Really, what you have is good and Severa would make a good Luna assassin or Vantage Hero, or hey, if you wanted to, a decent sorceres (for a great sorceress, you'll need Ricken)

If you want to keep Owain sword swinging, it's hard to beat Vaike and his excellent physical offense modifiers, but I prefer it when he has a daughter for more Luna, Pavise, Heroes and Armsthrift. That aside, Vaike!Owain can suit either offensive role fairly well, and will have the oh so lovely assassin class. Of course, for ultimate Tom foolery, you could give him Axefaire, Swordfaire, Tomefaire and make him a Dread Fighter.

I went for this paring my first run (since, at this point in my life, I enjoyed sleep), and it actually the second matching pair between our first runs (points to whoever guesses the first). Anyway, it tanks. That is what it's good at. A shame you didn't pass down counter, but no big deal. A big selling point here is how Nah has a 50 luck cap, do easy unlimited anything. Personally, Nah also makes a good bulky attacker here. I haven't actually tested this, but recently I've though of making this Nah a bride and seeing what happens, since she would be able to bruise enemies and then use we GALEFORCE ACCESS to offer some support to the team.

This pairing is, as James Rolf would say, 'fast as ass,' and the speed modifier here is insane, same for skill. Take into account no negative offensive stats, Armsthrift and your wise choice of Galeforce, one can see why Inigo is probably the games fan favorite glass canon, especially given how he always has Assassin. Shame you have no magic classes, because if you needed them, Inigo can do that to. Also, princess bride reference. Works so well here!

Eh, personally I would've passed down Renewal from Miriel, but Dual Support + works too if you want to have Laurent be staying out in front...might want a dual guard partner. Anyway, the magic cap is really high and he'll make a good sorcerer or sage, but nothing that you witness and then you go 'wow, I never would have thought of how well that would work!' No vantage kinda hurts the appeal of Sorcerer but it's still a great class and Laurent can be great at support using staves as a sage.

Gaius is often used to give children like Kjelle or Nah Galeforce for sweepers, but this is also a decent pairing, the speed and skill along with the potential of Agressor make a good non-Galeforce sweeper, what with crazy stats as an Assassin and with his main (large) flaw being no Galeforce, that and inescapable weakness to Beastslayer/rapiers making a breaker skill from the Wyvern family best for Panne to pass on. I personally like Virion or Donnel for Yarne, but Gaius is popular for a reason. I recommend having vantage and possibly utilizing a Rangell-Lancebreaker combo, provided you can feed that.

Cherche actually doesn't have anything necessary to pass down (unless you really like Dual Support +). But on point, Gregor has some fantastic class options, Gerome will have Armsthrift, amazing strength and defense, but shotty resistance. That aside though he lacks many weaknesses outside the typical 'no Galeforce' detremintal to a few sweepers, so maybe a Dread Fighter or better yet (as you'll have low magic) an assassin (maybe with res+10 if your worried by mages).

Brady is a character I really like but who is hard to talk about eugenically. Because of Maribelles modifiers it's hard to make him a passable physical, so it's good you stuck with magic. His defense will be poor but not it's worst, and he can get Luna for a good offensive skill, or maybe Vengeance given his low defense. However, without Vantage, I'd say Luna+Renewal is a safer, more reliable combo.

Just being honest here, Noire is in a hard place since unless you sacrifice male avatar you don't get a fully magical Galeforce user out of her. Eugenically, this is okay, the magic and defense is good and the classes are okay, but there's not real fantastic skill comboes. Certainly passable though, for once assassin isn't such a great option, but passing down Lifetaker is a pretty weak idea, Counter or Wrath and better options (or Axfaire, if you for some reason want her as a general).

Kellam got forever alone'd cause I'm mean. /Brick'd

Children pairings don't matter to me right now, I really want to focus on first gen pairings.

If you comment, thanks for helping! I really appreciate it. :^_^: (Also sorry for the long explanation; I get carried away sometimes :sweatdrop: )

Not long at all, very brief actually. You welcome and have a nice day.

Also, you got 3 pairings form my first run the same. The 64000 prize goes to whomever guesses them.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

If you want to keep Owain sword swinging, it's hard to beat Vaike and his excellent physical offense modifiers

Actually it's incredibly trivial to beat him since he doesn't provide Luna, and +3 Str is moot when someone like Frederick or Stahl could give +2 along with a collection of other toys to play with.

Lon'qu, Donnel, and Gregor are the only ones who are potentially worse.

for ultimate Tom foolery, you could give him Axefaire, Swordfaire, Tomefaire and make him a Dread Fighter.

That would indeed be tomfoolery because triple-faire is extremely inefficient.

Actually it's incredibly trivial to beat him since he doesn't provide Luna, and +3 Str is moot when someone like Frederick or Stahl could give +2 along with a collection of other toys to play with.Lon'qu, Donnel, and Gregor are the only ones who are potentially worse.

Luna is a point, but also, speed modifiers

Either that, or his mother, who gets War Cleric via Troubadour, has to pass it down.

And I feel stupid for just realizing that Miriel can become a War Celric...thanks for telling me!

I may not know the asset and flaw combo, but really, it's Avatar and it's Chrom, the kid will always be good, and good call on passing down Galeforce, best to make Morgan a sweeper to take advantage of that, say...a Berserker with Agressor.

I'd say stat-wise, it's the least impressive (+4 skill and +1 strength/defense, only +2 speed), but that doesn't necessarily make it bad[i/]. Ol' Freddy boy gives Cynthia Aegis and Wyvern Rider, which can actually be a pretty good combination. It's not going to be bad at any role you put it in, it just doesn't really excell in any specific function. Still, Cynthia will be a good physical asset. And Galeforce as well.

Now, I fully believe every pairing in this game (more or less) has potential, and I'm not going to go 'o virion wtf no0b so badses.' In fact, I kind of like Virion. He, when you actually look at it, makes a decent Kjelle with high skill and speed and average strength. Your main issue is defense, but with Wyvern Rider and Cavalier classes available, it's not a real issue. Sully gives both Luna and Astra as offensive skills and the fantastic Assassin class, which is pretty damn evasive to make up for that defense penalty.

Stahl and Cordelia make a Severa with good classes, +4 strength and some kicking skills for offense. Now personally, I like Gaius a bit better for Severa because of the speed bonus, but his Galeforce is wry valuable and probably best spent on another sweeper. Really, what you have is good and Severa would make a good Luna assassin or Vantage Hero, or hey, if you wanted to, a decent sorceres (for a great sorceress, you'll need Ricken)

If you want to keep Owain sword swinging, it's hard to beat Vaike and his excellent physical offense modifiers, but I prefer it when he has a daughter for more Luna, Pavise, Heroes and Armsthrift. That aside, Vaike!Owain can suit either offensive role fairly well, and will have the oh so lovely assassin class. Of course, for ultimate Tom foolery, you could give him Axefaire, Swordfaire, Tomefaire and make him a Dread Fighter.

I went for this paring my first run (since, at this point in my life, I enjoyed sleep), and it actually the second matching pair between our first runs (points to whoever guesses the first). Anyway, it tanks. That is what it's good at. A shame you didn't pass down counter, but no big deal. A big selling point here is how Nah has a 50 luck cap, do easy unlimited anything. Personally, Nah also makes a good bulky attacker here. I haven't actually tested this, but recently I've though of making this Nah a bride and seeing what happens, since she would be able to bruise enemies and then use we GALEFORCE ACCESS to offer some support to the team.

This pairing is, as James Rolf would say, 'fast as ass,' and the speed modifier here is insane, same for skill. Take into account no negative offensive stats, Armsthrift and your wise choice of Galeforce, one can see why Inigo is probably the games fan favorite glass canon, especially given how he always has Assassin. Shame you have no magic classes, because if you needed them, Inigo can do that to. Also, princess bride reference. Works so well here!

Eh, personally I would've passed down Renewal from Miriel, but Dual Support + works too if you want to have Laurent be staying out in front...might want a dual guard partner. Anyway, the magic cap is really high and he'll make a good sorcerer or sage, but nothing that you witness and then you go 'wow, I never would have thought of how well that would work!' No vantage kinda hurts the appeal of Sorcerer but it's still a great class and Laurent can be great at support using staves as a sage.

Gaius is often used to give children like Kjelle or Nah Galeforce for sweepers, but this is also a decent pairing, the speed and skill along with the potential of Agressor make a good non-Galeforce sweeper, what with crazy stats as an Assassin and with his main (large) flaw being no Galeforce, that and inescapable weakness to Beastslayer/rapiers making a breaker skill from the Wyvern family best for Panne to pass on. I personally like Virion or Donnel for Yarne, but Gaius is popular for a reason. I recommend having vantage and possibly utilizing a Rangell-Lancebreaker combo, provided you can feed that.

Cherche actually doesn't have anything necessary to pass down (unless you really like Dual Support +). But on point, Gregor has some fantastic class options, Gerome will have Armsthrift, amazing strength and defense, but shotty resistance. That aside though he lacks many weaknesses outside the typical 'no Galeforce' detremintal to a few sweepers, so maybe a Dread Fighter or better yet (as you'll have low magic) an assassin (maybe with res+10 if your worried by mages).

Brady is a character I really like but who is hard to talk about eugenically. Because of Maribelles modifiers it's hard to make him a passable physical, so it's good you stuck with magic. His defense will be poor but not it's worst, and he can get Luna for a good offensive skill, or maybe Vengeance given his low defense. However, without Vantage, I'd say Luna+Renewal is a safer, more reliable combo.

Just being honest here, Noire is in a hard place since unless you sacrifice male avatar you don't get a fully magical Galeforce user out of her. Eugenically, this is okay, the magic and defense is good and the classes are okay, but there's not real fantastic skill comboes. Certainly passable though, for once assassin isn't such a great option, but passing down Lifetaker is a pretty weak idea, Counter or Wrath and better options (or Axfaire, if you for some reason want her as a general).

Not long at all, very brief actually. You welcome and have a nice day.

Also, you got 3 pairings form my first run the same. The 64000 prize goes to whomever guesses them.

Omigosh, thank you so much!! :) I really appreciate this! Just so you know, my Avatar's Asset is Magic, and Flaw is Luck. For example, I was thinking of having Henry pass down Wrath instead since he can become a Berserker. Thanks again!

(I'm guessing Virion x Sully and Ricken x Miriel. Probably wrong, be eh. xD)

Actually it's incredibly trivial to beat him since he doesn't provide Luna, and +3 Str is moot when someone like Frederick or Stahl could give +2 along with a collection of other toys to play with.

Lon'qu, Donnel, and Gregor are the only ones who are potentially worse.

That would indeed be tomfoolery because triple-faire is extremely inefficient.

So Vaike isn't one of the worst fathers then? Sadly, I don't have the Dread Fighter/Bride DLCs...

Omigosh, thank you so much!! :) I really appreciate this! Just so you know, my Avatar's Asset is Magic, and Flaw is Luck. For example, I was thinking of having Henry pass down Wrath instead since he can become a Berserker. Thanks again!

As for Henry passing down Wrath: Don't bother. It sucks.

As for Henry passing down Wrath: Don't bother. It sucks.

Counter is good though. Always good.

So Vaike isn't one of the worst fathers then? Sadly, I don't have the Dread Fighter/Bride DLCs...

Well, with that set up Morgan and Lucina will make good magic attackers, since your magic and speed modifiers will be positive and Morgan has rightful king for skill slinging. The strength modifier is also positive, so it's good for physical classes to. If you ever get the money, I'd say Dread Fighter is the class to get over bride.

Vaike isn't bad for Owain, but Vaike does work better for other (female) children than Owain. Personally, I find it still works, and Libra can make him a fantastic sorcerer if you care. I personally like him as a dread fighter though, but since you don't have that a sorcerer is a great option.

Also, a pretty evil thing with M!Morgan here is having him as a sorcerer with Limit Breaker, Vantage, Vengeance, Rightful King and Aegis.

MODEDIT: we have an edit feature you know; don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Counter is good though. Always good.

That's where I beg to differ - I never saw much use for Counter for it to be worth the hassle of passing down to daughters.

RK and Aegis suck. Why is there no Galeforce and AT in that set?

It's a tanking set, not a sweeper set, and it's really my preference, but I can't believe that's a counter based set and I forgot counter. Dang it. Galeforce is definitely good though. For attacking limit breaker, aggressor, Galeforce, Ignis/Luna and say...Armsthrift, the last one is whatever you like really. Tactician would work well for this set.

That's where I beg to differ - I never saw much use for Counter for it to be worth the hassle of passing down to daughters.

I can see where your coming from, but myself like it. Everyone has the strategy that works for them.

It's a tanking set, not a sweeper set, and it's really my preference

Even for a counter set, RK+Aegis is bad. It wastes two skills to minimize the damage you do through Counter. Totally counter-productive. Vantage also reduces your chances of dealing counter damage.