Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways now that Prims' game is over, I can either host Anonydraft 2 like I've been talking about, or SB can host a game like he was talking about, or Rein can try to see if Resurgence Mafia will fill now that a bunch of new players are here (not sure if they're going to play more?) or people can host an EiMM game if they want? 

I also think we should start the queue again from scratch and wipe out everything that's there right now unless the hosts still want to host

who has the anonymous account info btw?

How many players did Rein's game call for again? Even now, I think anything more than 15 players is going to be hard to fill up, and I'm sure there are some players who wouldn't play OC who would play NOC.

Agree with restarting the queue from scratch. If there are any games on there that the hosts want to salvage, let them do that.

I'm OK with restarting the queue. I think we should just have one queue until the playerlist picks up again (>implying).

I'm more likely to join NOC than OC, obviously. (Probably I won't join OC at all.)

I also think that we should put a max length on the queue, like 5 games or something. It used to just be annoying when you're finished with a setup and then it's like a year before it actually runs. idk how it would work in practice because then there'd be like a queue to join the queue after a game finished or something but yeah.

Rein's game was 17p but it actually came pretty close to filling? Like I think it got about 15 people. So if most of those people are still willing to play and most of the newer players want to try an OC game (a game where you can talk outside the thread) it would fill

44 minutes ago, BBM said:

I also think that we should put a max length on the queue, like 5 games or something. It used to just be annoying when you're finished with a setup and then it's like a year before it actually runs. idk how it would work in practice because then there'd be like a queue to join the queue after a game finished or something but yeah.

Could do first come first served after every 5 games (so you go through a queue of 5 until no games are on it anymore, then refill it with 5 new games at once). Alternatively people could vote on the game they want to play, but personally, I don't think that's too great of a system because it might mean some hosts never get a turn.

Edited by Kaoz

Quick Mafia Championship Update

For those who didn't follow the Mafia Championship to the end, Dels from GameFAQs ended up winning the fourth season. He will be receiving a winner's certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of Mafia.

Hydra Event 2017 - Interested?

As some of you may recall, last year 220 players from dozens of different communities participated in the first ever cross-community Hydra Event. It was a big success and people have been wanting another one, so... It's finally here! :)

If you don't know what "hydra" means, it's when two people share the same account (two heads). So the concept is that each participating community can send multiple hydras if they want, each consisting of two players, which  tends to make the game more fun in addition to making it easier to be active since two players are playing on the same account.

Sign-ups will be open for next couple of weeks.

If you'd like to play, just find a partner and lemme know either here or in the thread below.

More info here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/12461-Hydra-Event-2017

• 3 weeks later...

hey so gender update, for those here since i probably wont post anywhere else on sf lol
for new people, and also a new "coming out" i guess
for those of you who don't know (and those of you who do as a refresher i guess) i am transgender
i am going to start transitioning probably as soon as sometime next year and am currently in counseling.
i'm currently considering the name percival as the name i will legally change to, but you can still call me via (percival has the letters for via in it he he he)

i'd prefer to be referred to by he or they in mafia games, and i guess for people who don't want to respect that there's not much i can do, but it'd help me feel a lot more comfortable and all that. i love you guys and as always thanks for being so patient, understanding, and accepting as you have been to me. i've been on this journey since middle school and i'm glad to have finally come to terms with my identity

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm going to put up signups for Antihero Anonydraft Mafia in about a week actually, since Prims's EiMM is starting soon and I'd want to let that run for at least a few days first, and because there are some people who've indicated that they can't play yet. This does mean that the game would primarily take place over the holidays. When mafia used to be active before, that was a bit of a dead spot, so message me if you're planning on signing up but would rather the game started in January. Don't post here since this is an anonymous game and that would give away that you're playing.

SUP NERDS (and maflords, but mostly nerds)

Why do you still play mafia on Serenes Forest Dot Net™? Is it for the community? The shitposts? The dank memes? The incredible role balance? Is it simply that everyone else fucking sucks at the game? Or, as I have increasingly come to suspect, is it because thanks to the site update nearly a year ago, it's impossible to ISO anyone on the latest versions of Invision """Power""" Boards™?

WELL, BOY DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!!

In the interest of killing SF NOC forum mafia once and for all, the @Makaze@Euklyd@fak_ename AXIS OF MAFLORDS is — with the guidance of our great and venerable teacher Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius-chan-san-sama-senpai-san-sama-san-chan-san-sempai-chan (he deserves all the credit tbqh) — removing the last and greatest of these reasons! No more can you coast on lack of ability to ISO in order to avoid thoroughly casing obvious scum! Let a new golden age of wallposts dawn on this godforsaken forum game!!!

Demos:

Spoiler

Results:

Spoiler

a64b4b3f24.png

Full process:

Spoiler

SF-ISO-demo.gif

Testimonials:

Spoiler

"Well, there goes my evil plan to ruin SF forever and save mafia." —Jyosua

"Well, there goes my evil plan to ruin SF forever and rule mafia forever with my cum meta." — Big Bad "Hitler" Marshmallow

"this is some slick stuff" — rukluf

"but makaze is it possible to do this other improvement" — Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius

"tired of sf being total shit? try this!" — whalemer

"god fuck javascript and ipb" — everyone involved

Script: https://gist.github.com/Makaze/e4c7fd43e0d3dcffd46043e2eae553b5

(Use TamperMonkey, like for previous MakazeScripts.)

Edited by Euklyd
bbms cum meta & also nepotism

We actually got really close to hosting an external scraping, database, and retrieval system on my VPS before Makaze Lord Gaius figured out a different technique with JS that wouldn't peg the CPU and overflow localstorage every time.

Literally, IP.Boards sucks harder than mafia.

It's unfortunate that this tool was only released after P5 ended; maybe if they had ISOs scum could've coasted behind wallposts harder :(: 

• 2 weeks later...