Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

On 12/19/2017 at 6:41 AM, Euklyd said:

SUP NERDS (and maflords, but mostly nerds)

Why do you still play mafia on Serenes Forest Dot Net™? Is it for the community? The shitposts? The dank memes? The incredible role balance? Is it simply that everyone else fucking sucks at the game? Or, as I have increasingly come to suspect, is it because thanks to the site update nearly a year ago, it's impossible to ISO anyone on the latest versions of Invision """Power""" Boards™?

WELL, BOY DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU!!

In the interest of killing SF NOC forum mafia once and for all, the @Makaze@Euklyd@fak_ename AXIS OF MAFLORDS is — with the guidance of our great and venerable teacher Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius-chan-san-sama-senpai-san-sama-san-chan-san-sempai-chan (he deserves all the credit tbqh) — removing the last and greatest of these reasons! No more can you coast on lack of ability to ISO in order to avoid thoroughly casing obvious scum! Let a new golden age of wallposts dawn on this godforsaken forum game!!!

Demos:

Reveal hidden contents

Results:

Reveal hidden contents

a64b4b3f24.png

Full process:

Reveal hidden contents

SF-ISO-demo.gif

Testimonials:

Reveal hidden contents

"Well, there goes my evil plan to ruin SF forever and save mafia." —Jyosua

"Well, there goes my evil plan to ruin SF forever and rule mafia forever with my cum meta." — Big Bad "Hitler" Marshmallow

"this is some slick stuff" — rukluf

"but makaze is it possible to do this other improvement" — Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius

"tired of sf being total shit? try this!" — whalemer

"god fuck javascript and ipb" — everyone involved

Script: https://gist.github.com/Makaze/e4c7fd43e0d3dcffd46043e2eae553b5

(Use TamperMonkey, like for previous MakazeScripts.)

Major upgrade (requested by Elieson): MultiQuotes now work in ISOs!

Warning: I still highly recommend keeping the ISO script in its own tab. After selecting all of your multi-quotes, open the latest page of the thread in another tab or refresh your main viewing tab, then click "Quote # posts" there instead of forcing yourself to reload the entire ISO tab.

Edited by Makaze

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

what's up scumlords, what's the current process for getting a game signed up and how long is the waiting list?

if the waiting time is bearable I'll be looking for a co-host

Current queue

Get someone to co-host that you trust to balance check and then tell me game details and I'll add it.

• 3 weeks later...

Why do you still play mafia on Serenes Forest Dot Net™? Is it for the community? The shitposts? The dank memes? The incredible role balance? Is it simply that everyone else fucking sucks at the game? Or, as I have increasingly come to suspect, is it because thanks to the site update nearly a year ago, it's impossible to ISO anyone on the latest versions of Invision """Power""" Boards™?

In the interest of killing SF NOC forum mafia once and for all, the @Makaze@Euklyd@fak_ename AXIS OF MAFLORDS is — with the guidance of our great and venerable teacher Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius-chan-san-sama-senpai-san-sama-san-chan-san-sempai-chan (he deserves all the credit tbqh) — removing the last and greatest of these reasons! No more can you coast on lack of ability to ISO in order to avoid thoroughly casing obvious scum! Let a new golden age of wallposts dawn on this godforsaken forum game!!!

Demos:

Reveal hidden contents

Results:

Reveal hidden contents

a64b4b3f24.png

Full process:

Reveal hidden contents

SF-ISO-demo.gif

Testimonials:

Reveal hidden contents

"Well, there goes my evil plan to ruin SF forever and rule mafia forever with my cum meta." — Big Bad "Hitler" Marshmallow

"but makaze is it possible to do this other improvement" — Lord "Five-Star Hero" Gaius

Further update: After initially loading the ISOs, you can click the button to update from the most recent page without starting over from scratch. This feature was there before, but didn't work properly.

In addition, it adds "[ISOs]" to the tab title so it's easy to tell where your ISOs are at a glance.

2 minutes ago, Prims said:

If somebody wants to host a short game in the mean-time that might be ideal.

Any takers? I've got an idea for a small game, but idk if there's people who were waiting for an opportunity longer than I have.

17 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Any takers? I've got an idea for a small game, but idk if there's people who were waiting for an opportunity longer than I have.

I think Shinori mentioned he might put something up, but if you have a game you'd like to host, PM SB who's in charge of the queue so he can add your game to the list.

58 minutes ago, Shinori said:

@BaldrickWhy did you shoot me?

Idk; it doesn't have to be SB but if you don't host normally you may need someone to check it it.

Because eclipse shot eury

I read you as null-leaning-town, and I didn't think you were likely to be docced.

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Cool. Should I have SB check it as well? It's pretty high-powered.

How many players is this small high-powered game?

Something happened today (not a bad thing, but it will keep me busy) and I don't think it's wise for me to be hosting a mafia game on top of it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• 1 month later...

Demos:

Reveal hidden contents

Results:

Reveal hidden contents

a64b4b3f24.png

Full process:

Reveal hidden contents

SF-ISO-demo.gif

Testimonials:

Reveal hidden contents

New update lets you say which page you want to stop loading the ISOs (starting from your current page). You can load ISOs with a specific page range by going to the starting page and entering the ending page in the prompt.

• 1 month later...

@Makaze Something that could be useful for the ISO script - A select/unselect all users option while in ISO mode, so you can essentially switch from ISO mode to thread mode without needing one tab for ISOs and another tab for thread context. Mostly a QOL thing so you can just keep updating one tab without having to click on 20 names to see the full context of a person's posts.

Edited by Conqueror

1 hour ago, Conqueror said:

@Makaze Something that could be useful for the ISO script - A select/unselect all users option while in ISO mode, so you can essentially switch from ISO mode to thread mode without needing one tab for ISOs and another tab for thread context. Mostly a QOL thing so you can just keep updating one tab without having to click on 20 names to see the full context of a person's posts.

Would it be better served by a "show context" button around individual posts/an option to show context around all posts, that shows the 5 posts before?

Edited by Makaze

Hmm, so you mean something like you'd press "show context" on x post, and the thread would instantly expand to show all the posts around it? I guess that would be even more helpful for my specific purposes, although I think an arbitrary 5 post limit wouldn't work for stuff like EOD rushes.

25 minutes ago, Conqueror said:

Hmm, so you mean something like you'd press "show context" on x post, and the thread would instantly expand to show all the posts around it? I guess that would be even more helpful for my specific purposes, although I think an arbitrary 5 post limit wouldn't work for stuff like EOD rushes.

What would you suggest then?