Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

damn i really want to host a choose your own role game sometime (like that huge trainwrecky one from the caw ruh, only not ridiculously imba) but i already have spellcard and ronpas to host and my invitational slot is going toward anonymafiers2

still, just posting to say that i'm claiming hosting something like that before anybody else here does :> not counting levity's SONG PYP, when is that happening

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could probably get kaoz or tables since they literally never play

is your set-up pre-made or will it form itself based on song picks? i need to know because this affects whether i'm going to choose the most retarded song imaginable to see what role i get or not

is your set-up pre-made or will it form itself based on song picks?

it's a little of both

which is why I will need a checker once I get all of the songs and finalize the setup for sure (I want to make the roles ~creative~ without making the setup broken/making all of the town roles clearable by role idk)

I don't know when I should hold song signups though

well if you're still hosting multiple personalities you'd need to finish that and then put it on the queue, i think

depending on how fast we burn through larges that'd probably be late 2013 or so?

maybe

see thing is I might be going to Ecuador late 2013 and I don't know for how long yet but that's far away so idk why I'm thinking about it now lol

Multiple Personalities was going to be awesome until I realized that its setup was kind of broken too so I'm going to also need a checker for it and I just need checkers, I don't trust myself after Chilean

I still have a couple of those epicmafia-based 12-player filler setups I talked about before

Edited by Sentamos

Wow, this looks like so much fun. ^^ Albeit quite complicated. Still...I will learn how to play. Going to study all the resources that have been put up.

The dynamics of the game remind me of Survivor, and that old show The Mole (am I the only one who remembers that show?). In terms of voting people off/lynching them, and trying to ferret out the identity of any subversives.

The dynamics of the game remind me of Survivor, and that old show The Mole (am I the only one who remembers that show?). In terms of voting people off/lynching them, and trying to ferret out the identity of any subversives.

It's very similar. However in Survivor, the concepts are quite different. You're looking out only for yourself but you can't forget that the only way you win is by gaining the support of people that you had a direct hand in ejecting from the game.

Basically, it's a game of wits and thinking "If I were to do this, how would such and such respond". Eventually, you can find a strategy that will give you an upper hand by doing so.

rule number 238947. dont turn a mafia advice post into a personal sermon (shitlist: levity, levity, levity, levity)

also to my memory i've never intentionally tried to emotionally manipulate somebody as either alignment. i've been an ass as scum before but not to give myself the upper hand in the game

Edited by cyborg sammy davis jr.

basically like. don't call people stupid and dumb for suspecting you I mean that's lame and it's not a real defense. it's silly!! and I'm done

It works though.

It works though.

the thing is, it shouldn't. a lot of players need more guts to point out this kind of bullshit in games because scum does it far too often with no suspicion sometimes

Edited by Levanto

Aaah, so many out-of-context references.

rule number 1: never trust life if you're playing with him he's an asshole

This is one thing I noticed while perusing the Mafia board. It seems like people are referring to Am Yisrael Chai when they say Life (hopefully I'm not confusing two different people). I've seen this for a few other people too. Are these nicknames, irl names, or past display names? It's kind of confusing to decipher who someone is talking about.

Aaah, so many out-of-context references.

This is one thing I noticed while perusing the Mafia board. It seems like people are referring to Am Yisrael Chai when they say Life (hopefully I'm not confusing two different people). I've seen this for a few other people too. Are these nicknames, irl names, or past display names? It's kind of confusing to decipher who someone is talking about.

yeah, sorry about that. It's his nickname/a past display name. cyborg sammy davis jr. is prims, bluedoom is marth, etc.

Hey, isn't there a list of names/display names of people in the info thread?

Edited by Levanto

Also ct075 goes by Cam and Taewoo goes by Boron.

Also also welcome to Mafia, Odie!

Edit- I swear I thought it was Odie instead of Olivia :|

Edited by Elieson

Of course I am~

I just knew an Olivia from grade school and her nickname was Odie (because she loved Garfield and Odie), so it's engraved in my head to read Olivia as Odie :0

And no I'm not a creeper I saw your name in the Sandy Hook thread. *Not a stalker I swear *

Edited by Elieson

Of course I am~

I just knew an Olivia from grade school and her nickname was Odie (because she loved Garfield and Odie), so it's engraved in my head to read Olivia as Odie :0

...Did you find that out in the Connecticut shooting topic? I think I might have mentioned that in there. If not...you must have, like, ESPN or something. =P

Sigh, all these names. Thanks for the tip Levanto. I'll go hunt up the name guide. Btw all, please just call me Paulina. It's my online alias, and I think there's something to be said for simplicity. tongue.gif

Edit: Haha, thought so Elieson. =)

Edited by Paulina