Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

To everybody who is currently on one of the queues or has their game marked as ready on the ideas list, please send one of us (myself, Kaoz, Prims, eclipse, or Balcerzak) the necessary information to verify that your setup is completely finished. Anyone who fails to do so within a week from now gets taken off the queue.

Just a reminder that the week is almost over. Setups that we are currently missing:

Large Queue

Levity's Multiple Personalities Mafia - Levity (19)

Shining Force Mafia 2 - Elieson, Psych (21)

80's Cartoon Mafia by Kopfjager (20)

Time Travel Mafia - Balcerzak (17)

Small Queue

Choose your Own Character Mafia - Elieson (9)

Death Millers by Balcerzak (10)

Midnight Crew, by scorri, Marth (13)

ToTA 2 Mafia - JBWCK, Levity (9)

Kamen Rider Fourze Mafia - Naglfar (8)

A Good Old Fashion Scumhunt Mafia - Psych (14) [invitational]

Tetris Attack Anonymafia - Prims (9 + 9)

As well as all the ones that are only on the ideas list.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go prod JB about ToTA but from what I remember he mostly had everything done. Multiple Personalities is about completely ready, I'm just having Nolder help me with some things.

It's time...

Event #1 - The Great Awakening

Theme: Fire Emblem 13 is released this spring in the USA and Europe. Let's celebrate by dyeing the continents of Iris and Warm red with blood!

Mechanics: There are no strict setup limitations for this event other than that it should include a special mechanic that corresponds to the Fire Emblem universe in some way. This setup is for 14 players.

Setup Submission Deadline: March 4th 2013

Game Start: March 18th 2013

All setups are to be submitted through this form. Also, remember to write up role pms and rules before submitting your setup. Have fun designing and good luck to all participants.

Edited by Kaoz

I check the upcoming games list every few weeks and I'm always disappointed to see how far down my games are. Oh well.

I've decided recently I no longer enjoy playing Mafia games. I love modding them, but playing, not so much. Being town is fun, but I really dislike being mafia.

Got the setup for Shipping Mafia done. It's 14, and EXTREMELY experimental.

[spoiler=A little bit of leaked setup information]It is both NOC and OC. I'll reveal how in sign-ups.

okay guys, I'm fiddling with possible open setups for filler games and currently i'm considering the following setup:

[spoiler=Filler game]Phases are 48/24 hours, day start

1 cop

1 tracker

3 vanilla town

1 miller

1 mafia hooker

1 mafia janitor (1-shot)

Miller don't know they're miller, they will receive a vanilla town PM, but will flip miller on death

Mafia cannot no kill on consecutive nights

All role PM's will be made public in the OP to avoid exploits

I was originally considering the following but trashed it:

[spoiler=Filler idea]1 cop

1 tracker

1 doctor

4 vanilla

1 mafia hooker

1 mafia janitor (1-shot)

same as above basically in terms of rules

basically the reason why this sucked was because massclaim broke it so easily (if mafia hide in blues lynch between blues and have 3 confirmed PR's and a 1 in 3 chance of lynching mafia D1 and one of the pr's clears/guilties one of the blues)(if mafia both cc PR's then town has 5 clears and 2 mislynches and can just lynch all cc'ed roles until they hit the mafia), etc

town was guaranteed clears and 2 mislynches which is stupid

if anyone has any major objections to balance with the first idea buzz me

edit: adjusted setup slightly based on feedback (changed a miller to vanilla town)

Edited by Manix

/must/ the fe13 game be for 14 players exactly

or can we deviate a little and have something like 16 players

You can have one or two less if you want, but 14 is preferable and the maximum this time.

[spoiler=Filler Game details][spoiler=Setup]3 vanilla townie

1 miller

1 cop

1 tracker

1 mafia hooker

1 mafia janitor

The miller is unaware of being a miller as they will receive a vanilla townie PM. They will flip as miller.

[spoiler=Rules]1: 48 hour days, 24 hour nights

2: Game starts on Day One

3: NOC

4: No editing posts, otherwise warning, and if done again results in modkill

5: If you are roleblocked you will not receive a report that night

6: The mafia may not No Kill on consecutive nights

6a: Both mafia will be seen on any tracker reports visiting the kill target

7: No Lynch is always an acceptable vote option

8: Hammer game, half of votes rounded down +1 are required to lynch

8a: If hammer isn't reached it is automatically No Lynch

9: Dead players may only talk to other members of their informed faction, otherwise no talking to people about the game that aren't me

10: play2win

[spoiler=Role PM's]

Dear <USER>,

You are a vanilla townie.

You have no powers besides your word and your vote.

You are aligned with the town. You win when the mafia are eliminated.

Dear <USER>,

You are the cop.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Scan: <USER>. You will determine their alignment.

Dear <USER>,

You are the tracker.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Track: <USER>. You will determine who <USER> visited that night, if any.

Dear <USER>,

You are the miller.

You will scan as guilty to cop investigations.

Dear <USER1> and <USER2>,

You are the mafia. Each night, you must reply to this quicktopic with ##Kill: <USER>. <USER> will be killed during the night. <USER> can be no one, but rule 6 must be followed.

You are the following:

Dear <USER1>,

You are the hooker.

Each night, you may reply to your Role PM and/or the mafia quicktopic with ##Hook: <USER>. You will prevent <USER> from performing their night action if they have one.

You are aligned with the mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.

Dear <USER2>,

You are the janitor.

Once during the game, you may reply to your Role PM and/or the mafia quicktopic with ##Clean Up: <USER>. <USER> must be the mafia kill target. Their Role PM will not be revealed to the public the following day. You will find out exactly what they were as you clean up the body.

You are aligned with the mafia. You win when you achieve parity with the town.

Playerlist:

Yeah if you need a filler run, I can go whenever now.

edit: added in 6a for additional balance purposes

edit the second like ages later: I'm preparing a huge doc with a huge amount of lines of play in the setup. Also probabilities everywhere~

other misc stuff:

-cleaned up some syntax as there will be a mafia quicktopic in this game

-added rule 9 re:deadtalking

Edited by Manix

I think you could probably host it, since it'd be 4 days long at most and the upcoming games are all OC. Bias the sign-ups toward people who aren't currently alive in a game (like me 8) ), though.

i don't mind waiting to host, it's fine

just saying that it's good to go if needed

also it's NOC and will edit that in now

edit: also I still have this nagging feeling the setup might be a little bit scumsided but eh

if you feel something needs a change to balance it, buzz me

Edited by Manix

How is to going to be 4 days long at most when one day + night cycle is 3 days? Best case scenario (scum lynched both days), it lasts 5 days, and worst case scenario (town lynch, town lynch, mafia lynch, no lynch, ? lynch) could have it take up to 9 days. Also what Paperblade said.

bbm I hope you realize that town only gets one mislynch in this setup (it's 6/2)

two consec town lynches is scum win

edit: and if town mislynches they can only NL once, so at most it's 4 ingame days which is... 11 realtime days. eh.

edit 2: this doesn't include if mafia decides to No Kill for whatever reason

Edited by Manix

How is to going to be 4 days long at most when one day + night cycle is 3 days? Best case scenario (scum lynched both days), it lasts 5 days, and worst case scenario (town lynch, town lynch, mafia lynch, no lynch, ? lynch) could have it take up to 9 days. Also what Paperblade said.

4 days meaning ingame

so about this setup over here I made

i finally got around to figuring out rough probabilities for unclaimed D1, with general lines of play assumptions

it's still definitely at least around 60:40 scum/town split for unclaimed, whereas massclaim is about 75:25 scum/town

(note: I didn't quite figure out every little permutation for unclaimed, mostly some rough guesswork and approximations)

yeah I thought the setup may have been scumsided and math confirms it. I can fix up the lines of play notes I have and post them, for the sake of noting what my thought process was. The doc is a complete mess right now so yeah

I'll rewrite it tomorrow when it's not 3:30 in the morning

edit: considering swapping hooker for stalker (fullcop), will look into tomorrow as well

Edited by Manix