Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

Would scum roleblock or safeguard be better? I thought it might be a bit OP. Want scum to be pretty powerful because they can't easily keep track of who has a power role, but not so much that town roles are useless.

Then again the vig only has one shot, it could be used as track fodder once the shot goes off.

Maybe a JOAT so that scum have more claim fodder? No wait this is a bad idea due to X-shot charges.

Gives me an idea though, perhaps a 1-shot sapper role for scum that lets scum use one charge of a role they have? It would replace both the doc and the 1-shot DayRoleCop Also the vig would only get eaten, not used.

Edited by NekoRex

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scum safeguards = free hits unless you restrict them so that they can't target the same person that'll die. Hooker seems wasteful, unless you give the cop another shot or something (otherwise, they're shooting in the dark with a lot of roles that peter out early).

Getting opinions from offsite people too, we had a whole discussion about what to do with the doc and it was generally agreed the doc was fine, since it had situational use.

Alot of my other ideas are foiled by the fact I scum can't use role charges without weakening town heavily so I guess it's fine.

Because I'm an awful person, put on the ideas list: Some Open Reverse Mafia (11-14p, undecided as of now)

edit: also Mystery Mafia 2 (14p) can be added to ideas (setup is done already)

Edited by Manix

<Prims> will you join paper mafio paperblade

<Paperblade> yes

<Prims> :>

<Prims> i already came up with one (1) role

<Prims> i just don't know who fits it best flavor-wise

<Paperblade> I can't help you

<BBM> mario

<Paperblade> also Paper Mario boss battle themes

<Paperblade> are the best

<Paperblade> VS. CRYSTAL KING

<BBM> i've never played any paper mario games

<Prims> i liked the sun's theme

<Prims> just throwing that out there

<Paperblade> VS. TUBBA BLUBBA (WHY WAS THIS FIGHT SO SHORT)

<Prims> what the FUCK bbm

<Prims> you are the worst

<Paperblade> kill yourself

<Prims> kill you'reself

<Prims> immediately

<BBM> hahaha

* Paperblade sets ban on *!*@lzl427lbn56f225-sk907u182br23i.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

* Paperblade has kicked BBM from #SForestMafia (think about what you've done)

* Paperblade removes ban on *!*@lzl427lbn56f225-sk907u182br23i.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com

putting Paper Mafio on the ideas list

And BBM has not played either of those games because he is awful.

also, >rein in charge of following through with anything mafia related

Edited by Priam

Advanced notice on my hiatus I guess if this matters

personal stuff under spoiler

I'm actually incredibly busy for the next four weeks. The fourth week will be the toughest week and I might not be online much at all. The last five weeks I might play a game on the grounds it's a theme that I like (or Kelsey Mafia), but there will be a lot more homework in those weeks, so I'm not sure yet. Generally my mood has been stable, but if I have another breakdown in the middle of a game I'll have the host give me about 24 hours to recover, since usually that works. I'm hallucinating again sometimes but it's not very bad right now. My counselor thinks I have GAD but he's not in the position to diagnose that and I don't have money so shrug

If I've ever been passive-aggressive, competitive, or emotional towards you in a game, I apologize. It sucks but it's been a lot harder for me to play lately because my mental state has been getting worse, and my family isn't treating it very seriously but that's personal shit. I've never clearly stated it before but yeah, it is hard for me to play mafia now. I don't have fun like I used to. I don't think that's really the fault of anyone here; I've grown more incapable of handling certain situations and I don't like where that's been going lately. I mean, this is why I don't like it when I ask someone to stop something that makes me uncomfortable and I get a bunch of people on my case for it, so I've been avoiding those kinds of conflicts. I'm working on handling confrontation so once I start playing again I should be a lot better at actually playing the game!

I am going to host Song PYP probably towards the end of the school term, after sorority pledging ends. I was going to have Kaoz check it once I'm pretty sure I have it finished. I might just change Multiple Personalities Mafia to Asylum (maybe) and please add Neopets Mafia on the ideas list (I have two roles for that game done).

In the summer of 2014 there is a 90% chance I'm going to Ecuador so I'll be gone for about two months.

Edited by Leder

The first event game will be the one that was submitted with the identification string b5ViVI2cFl (in case you guys don't remember yours, it's the only one that was submitted in a dropbox file). I would like to ask the creator(s) of this setup to PM me the whole file again.

Thanks also to everyone else who participated. Even though your setups didn't make the cut, there were some nice ideas and if you want, I'll gladly give you some feedback about what I think could be improved upon (send me a PM or talk to me on IRC) and of course you're free to apply for putting those games on the queue in general.

The sign-up thread will go up as soon as I confirmed the winner's identity.

Edited by Kaoz

Okay massive update to games by me on ideas list:

[spoiler=This is long]- Baccano Mafia with Bizz hasn't been touched yet but it's staying there

- Etrian Odyssey 2 Mafia I'm returning back to the 16p version, barring setup modifications

- I'm dropping Internet Mafia (leaving Marth alone on it, whether he decides to go on with it is his choice)(we haven't discussed it in many months, well before I hosted Mystery I'm fairly sure)

- Mother 3 Mafia is still 14p and trainwreck (but not bastard), and is likely to be done very soon to get on the queue (like, I'll probably -finalize roles after I'm done with this post)

- I'm dropping from Periodic Table Mafia, I think Elie wanted something to do with it so he might be able to collab with scorri on that

- Also dropping Shakespeare Mafia, maybe someone like Snike could take it up if they had time

- Tumblr Mafia is in planning stages

- Whose Mafia is kinda at a halt right now but it's still gonna be a thing (maybe we can get it done for when the reboot comes back o: )

Ideas not on the list that I've posted recently: (namely here)

- Mystery Mafia 2's setup is done and just needs role PM's

- Some Open Reverse Mafia I'm gonna drop because lolreverse

- Snooping Around is still a filler game which can be hosted whenever. Might go on the queue after Mother 3 Mafia and Mystery Mafia 2 if we don't need a filler game by then.

Other ideas I'm playing with:

- Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia, currently pegged at 19p, subject to change (it's been around a while in my backlog of ideas)

- Would like to reserve Etrian Odyssey 4 Mafia for when I do get the game and stuff (ie: don't make a EO4 Mafia pls)

So yeah. Someone needs to update the ideas list anyway (Midnight Crew is still on there...)

edit: nvm I'm shit at numbers re elections (although they would be next month i think) Edited by Manix

Also, add Bond Mafia (14p, experimental) to the ideas list. Everyone in the game has a "bond" with another player in the game. Some bonds are active while the other player is alive, while some activate upon the other player's death. Bonds can be one-way or two-way, and a player can have one or multiple of them. They provide either an extra ability, an empowerment to an existing ability, or an entirely new ability altogether. And they can be town/town, mafia/mafia, or town/mafia.

It's not based on James Bond, but Bonds Mafia sounds kind of weird and Bondage Mafia sounds like something else entirely. Maybe the name will change if I think up some flavour.