Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

Put Bondage Mafia [12p, v. experimental iykwim ;)] on the ideas list

BBM, I have a not-dissimilar idea floating around my head, so if you want a collaborator I could help with some crazy ideas.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, looks like Shipping Mafia's coming up. Time for the warnings!

1. I will NOT accept a first-time mafia player for this game, unless I'm desperate. My first game was TotA Mafia, which was a multi-faction recruitment game; this game makes my first game look like a beginner's introduction to OC mafia.

2. CHECK YOUR SCHEDULES BEFOREHAND. Subbing into this game will be extremely nightmarish, so if you see a lot of homework/exams/other RL stuff in your future, don't sign up unless you are absolutely, positively sure you can devote some time to the game.

3. MAKE SURE TO READ THE PHASES CORRECTLY. Not reading things carefully will probably get you modkilled.

4. This game is highly experimental. I'll probably whine about the setup after the game is over.

I've got a couple of other ideas, which I'll post in the ideas section once I iron them out. You haven't seen the last of the school series yet. . .

A tad early for this, but I'm planning on running Folgore Rangers II mafia sometime in the future with Mancer and Lucina.

people can host whatever they want.

really.

can we not do the tumblr "hurrdurr I disagree with somebody so I'm going to passive-aggressively edit their statement, wow they sure are owned" shitposting here?

To elaborate: I don't really care that Boron wants to host mafiers for her friends or whatever, but when it basically ends up being an invitational game with flavor exclusive to specific people that takes up a slot on the queue unlike every other invitational game, that bugs me.

I'm contrasting SFMM since it manages to be relevant to the entire SF mafia community, since yeah, SF Mafia Mafia.

E: ftr if she made smaller games outside of the queue I think that would be more reasonable

Edited by Priam

outside of the queue is fine if people want to hold exclusive games

I just don't like it when people want to shit on other people's fun, call it whatever you like I don't give a shit anymore

I really don't. Like I'm sick and tired of the bullshit. I'm going to be pissed and passive-aggressive about it all I want because this shit sucks and is why mafia isn't fun anymore. if I EVER get asked to tone down on a PR that the mod doesn't think is intrusive, sorry, but I'm not doing it! That kind of thing.

Edited by Leder

I don't care about the flavor that much (flavor that interests me is cool but if it doesn't I'll just ignore it), it would have to be actively bad for the game (ie give away game information) for me to have a problem.

I'm going to be pissed and passive-aggressive about it all I want because this shit sucks and is why mafia isn't fun anymore.

Aside from some specific situations not related to what you're taking issue with, Mafia is still fun for a majority of the playerbase, from what I can tell.

I'm not trying to make Mafia less fun for people but those sorts of games taking up real queue slots annoys me. I'm cool with flavor of all kinds too unless it's something I find cancerously bad (Folgore is not this imo just kind of a silly exclusive thing. Shipping Mafia is probably going to be this but I don't have to join it so shrug). As I explained in the above post, my problem with Folgore Mafiers was more the mindset behind it. My response to the first game was just kind of "whatever, who cares, it's only a one-time thing" but Boron asking to host another just made me impulsively react with "uuuuugh".

I would argue that stuff like Group Mafia (don't mean to single Boron out but it's the easiest example) is a bad idea because the flavor is only relevant to the mod and therefore alienating to the players. Even though there's nothing objectively wrong with hosting games with non-generic flavor most of the playerbase isn't familiar with, it tends to cause disinterest, which is one reason I will probably not be hosting Puyo Puyo Mafia any time soon ( ;_; ).

Edited by Priam

Like I said I agree with those kinds of games being put on a separate queue, especially if they're exclusive to a certain group of people because it's logically not fair for the other hosts and players that aren't included in the circle of exclusion

I'm going to be completely honest here, I feel like mafia itself deteriorated a lot. The players got better but in turn we've become a more competitive community, and I don't know if you've noticed but we have squabbles in about every other game now over stupid shit, and I think it's safe to say that coupled with IRL stresses (especially in the middle of the school year) mafia here doesn't actually relieve that stress anymore. People don't have fun with it the same way they used to, people (including me) forget this is a stupid internet game and I miss the silly quirks and PRs and flavor that people didn't used to fucking complain about. Flavorhunting is one thing, but really. seriously. I'm so fucking sick and tired of people complaining and getting bitchy at hosts after they've made a decision, and I'm tired of hosts getting mad too and I'm just tired of this in general. Yeah I sound pissed I just had an anxiety attack but I'm tired of keeping quiet about this because oh I'm emotional!!!!! I overreact like this all the time!!!!!! but no really and please don't use the argument "well the majority of the playerbase doesn't care" because honestly if we're getting pissed off at each other in games on a regular basis, I think we should care.

FUCK I DIDN'T SPOIL THAT LOL

also if you're going to contest me i'm not responding because i'm going straight to bed i can't handle any more interaction for today (you can disagree though idc)

Edited by Leder

(Folgore is not this imo just kind of a silly exclusive thing. Shipping Mafia is probably going to be this but I don't have to join it so shrug).

I got a better idea; thus, the flavor won't be based on any in-jokes from SF/the SF userbase itself.

People are grouchy in competitive environments and this is normal. Don't know what to tell you since you can't just make others not be offended. I at least agree the mafia community should probably chill out a little but you're one of the people who needs to do that the most; openly saying "I'm gonna be bitchy and passive-aggresive, d/w" then proceeding to do so isn't going to improve a community you think has issues with NOFUN.

Shipping Mafia is probably going to be this

addendum: Unless it's about boats lynching each other. That would own.

CUT: oh, shrug

That's fine then but it's not fine that you ninja'd me and ruined my already unfunny joke r3BFN4N.gif

Edited by Priam

you know prims the thing about you is you never actually really know what i'm talking about and it's both kinda amusing and really aggravating at the same time.

wrt "you need the chill out the most" I'll chill out when people finally understand and TAKE SERIOUSLY what I have to say.

i just realized i kinda contradicted myself if you read that literally i guess

Edited by Leder

also if you're going to contest me i'm not responding because i'm going straight to bed i can't handle any more interaction for today (you can disagree though idc)

o

To elaborate: I don't really care that Boron wants to host mafiers for her friends or whatever, but when it basically ends up being an invitational game with flavor exclusive to specific people that takes up a slot on the queue unlike every other invitational game, that bugs me.

Well, uh, none of my games are invitational. As for Group mafia, just ... think of it as a game with OCs instead of existing material. Like Manix's Mystery Mafia. As for Folgore mafia, the second one is mostly because I can think of a cool setup based on it but ...

Eh, its not like that one's going to be on the queue or hosted anytime soon anyway.

folgore mafia was BASICALLY invitational since you had an entire playerlist before you even posted sign-ups

or at least that's how i took it

In all honestly, it wasn't supposed to be invitational. Future games I'd like to host definitely aren't.