Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

limited pre-in's is probably better just because otherwise people can miss out if a game pre fills, for example

honestly I'd almost say disallow pre-in's but that's my opinion so.

edit: when I say almost it's small edge cases like someone really wants to play in a game because they have an investment in the particular base of the flavor which i still think is okay

Edited by Manix

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good idea. I'd just stop at 25% though.

I think this works (unless there's extraordinary circumstances, like Raymond/RD/General Spoon/Weapons who all want in on a 12p game).

I don't mind competitive, HOWEVER, I draw the line at personal insults. Ripping someone's argument apart is how the game is played. Ripping someone else apart is another story; I may go overboard on the former, but the latter is off-limits.

Example:

Your arguments reek of scum

versus

You're an insult to all mafia players

(one of these crosses the line)

If I well and truly have a personal problem with someone, I'll wait until the game is over and PM them (after complaining to the hosts). If I don't think a peaceful resolution can be found via PM, I'll leave it alone (unless someone digs it up again).

I think it's a matter of what the purpose of presignups is. If someone's legitimately worried that they won't be online in time to sign up, and that's reasonable (probably if you need to presignup for a 25-player game you need better availability, for example), there's no reason IMO to restrict that. If people are just signing up early because why not, it gets absurd. I can see allowing it if it's because someone really really wants to play in a specific game, too, because presumably then they care about the game and will be active, and it's not a large number of people in most cases anyway.

Well just heads up but I've got 4 pre-singups for FFM(20 players) I guess I won't be taking anymore pre-ins due to popular consensus(although another one has told me to keep them sub and really I wasn't searching for players but ok.) Also I can decrease the number of players to 18 but that's about it(really I'm just worried about filling up the slots).

Question: Say I finished Mystery Mafia 2 and Mother 3 Mafia, completely ready to go. Could I put them on the queue as like a hybrid (remembering that they are both 14p)? Like when the time came around to host I could pick one to host/community picks for me to host and the other waits to be put back on the queue again after that game finishes.

Would that be allowed?

Edited by Manix

putting Mafia of Virtual Space (aka double thread half-anon gimmick game I mentioned on IRC before) for 18 players on the ideas list. I have a set-up but no role PMs or flavor... Also not sure if it'd go in the large or small queue since each thread is 13 players.

hold on guys I'm ready to fix the clogging problem

EO2 Mafia is almost ready to go on the queue (needs just a few more Role PM's and rules)

Yeah? Well, Healer Mafia's set-up is done. All I have to do are the flavor parts, which I could probably do while waiting for sign-ups.

isn't the general rule that everything has to be completed (role pm's, rules, etc) and checked before you can put it on the queue? (flavor is probably an ehh)

Edited by Manix

As per bullet point 8 on the google documents spreadsheet:

Secret ballot elections will be held roughly every six months to determine the authorized queue modifiers.

It is rapidly approaching the 6 month period.

I require two things from you, the mafia community.

First, if you do not wish to be one of the queue maintainers for any reason, I request that you PM me that you are withdrawing your eligibility (feel free to carbon copy eclipse if you wish). This is so I can inform people who attempt to vote for you that they should choose another candidate. You need not vote for either eclipse or myself. As forum moderators, I have made sure we already have access to the google document, though it is ideally only for emergency purposes.

Second, I will request that people carefully consider a list of 3 individuals for the next 6 month stretch. They can be the same as the ones currently running the queue, or they can be different. There are no term limits. Once you have settled on your choices PM them to me (feel free to carbon copy eclipse if you wish).

I haven't decided on a firm deadline yet, but I was thinking either April 1st or April 15th.

After this official business is concluded, I will merge this post into the HQ thread and it will not clutter up the topic list.

Edited by Balcerzak

isn't the general rule that everything has to be completed (role pm's, rules, etc) and checked before you can put it on the queue? (flavor is probably an ehh)

Someone who doesn't want to play can check it. I've got exactly one rule that's up in the air. Everything else, sans flavor, is good to go.

(it will also work with generic role PMs, but it's not as fun to read)