Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to start banning people who impersonate others on IRC because it can cause problems if someone joins the channel and tries to talk to that person about an ongoing game and spills information they shouldn't.

It's also extremely annoying.

Related to the above post:

Who the hell went through my entire SF name history on IRC? I am honestly freaked out right now about that and if no one 'fesses up to that I'm going to be even more freaked out.

I'm going to start banning people who impersonate others on IRC because it can cause problems if someone joins the channel and tries to talk to that person about an ongoing game and spills information they shouldn't.

It's also extremely annoying.

I will also do this

The poll has been up for a bit over a week now and there was no change in votes in the past couple of days, so I think it's fine to take these results as final. Thanks to everyone who voted. The results are as follows:

How should we handle date based games?

• Event Games (see post #34) (9 votes [64.29%])
  • Allow them all as long as they are submitted a month in advance (4 votes [28.57%])
  • Don't allow them (1 votes [7.14%])

Should we have filler mini games?

• Yes (10 votes [71.43%])
  • No, wait for the host to be ready (0 votes [0.00%])
  • No, move on in the queue (4 votes [28.57%])

We got comfortable majorities for both Event and Filler Games, so both of those ideas will be adapted. The rules for them will be as follows:

Event Games

There will be 3 event games per year. The exact dates will be announced at the beginning of each year. The number of players for each game and any restrictions will be announced at the beginning of the year for the first event and after an event ended for the subsequent one.

Anyone may submit a setup until 3 weeks before the event game starts. Only fully completed setups may be submitted (i.e. Role PMs, rules etc. have to be written and handed in) and one user may not submit more than one setup per event. The setup that's going to be hosted will be announced 1 week prior to the start of the game, sign-ups will begin at the same time. Event games count towards the game limit and are treated as a game of their respective size.

Filler Games

A filler game may only be hosted when the top two games of a queue cannot be started within 7 days, and only if all hosts of those games have no objections. Sign-ups for a filler game must be completed within 48 hours. Then a setup is chosen by the host depending on the number of sign-ups (with the maximum amount of players being 9). The length of a day-night cycle (or full cycle in unicycle games) is 72 hours or less.

All other rules will be determined by the host.

On a seperate note, we would like to clarify some terminology for the queue to work the way it's supposed to. As such, from now on moderators, co-moderators and checkers are defined as follows:

Moderator/Host

A moderator/host is anyone who helped design the setup in any way, shape or form.

Co-moderator/Co-host

A co-moderator/co-host is someone who helps the moderator/host with updates during the game. They have nothing to do with the creation of the setup though.

Checker

A checker is someone who ensures that a game is reasonably well balanced. They do not do anything once the game actually starts.

From now on, the queue will only list moderators/hosts and checkers. If you need assistance with actually running your game, please try asking for help once your game is at the top of the queue.

(Note: This doesn't change anything on the current queues.)

That's everything for now I believe, if you have any complaints (as long as they aren't overruled by the poll results), feel free to voice them; if you have any questions, ask away.

I will host Time Travel mafia (name tentative, may change with flavor).

This is a Bastard Mod game for 17 players.

It can be run bare-bones now, so is ready for queue, but I may be looking to recruit somebody to help me write flavor.

It can be run bare-bones now, so is ready for queue, but I may be looking to recruit somebody to help me write flavor.

I could help with flavor if you want.

Rein and I are planning CM6. Also put Baccano Mafia (13 players) down in the ideas list; Manix is going to check that one. I have the basic setup ready but role PMs are not ready. Also it might be slightly experimental based on a few things (ie the inclusion of a certain element, undisclosed for now)

I might as well say this now even though it won't happen in a long time.

SB and I are in the process of developing BoardGame Online mafia. It is HIGHLY experimental. (And definitely won't run anytime soon because we have too much stuff on the queue already XD)

Gentlemen, I offer to you, Real Men of Monocle Mafia

13 players. 100% noc, and may include optional Post restrictions.

Ladies are welcome, of course.