Fire Emblem in Smash 4 Thread (2 Non-FE Newcomer Confirmed! An FE Assist Confirmed! 4/8/14)

Naui

139 members have voted

1. 1. What other Fire Emblem Lord would you like to see in Smash as a playable character?

• Alm
    • Sigurd
    • Seliph
    • Leif
    • Roy
    • Lyndis
    • Eliwood
    • Hector
    • Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike
    • Micaiah
    • The Avatar (New Mystery of the Emblem)
    • The Avatar (Awakening)
    • Lucina
    • Chrom

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still only two characters out of dozens... And besides, in Ness's case, he was upstaged by Lucas. Captain Falcon, I don't know the reason.

Marth was also confirmed for Brawl before the game was released. Being a secret characters just means that you have to unlock them.

Someone's just mad that Marth ain't sporting a tight leotard. Ignore 'em.

Who cares about Ike, anyway? He's obviously not going to be replaced, the real problem is whether they'll replace Assist Trophy Lyn!!

I'm mad because they used that disgusting design!

HOW DARE THEY NOT CATER TO NAMELESS AMERICAN KID #28915610957

Although it is safe to assume charaters such as Lucario will be cut because he is not a legendary Pokemon, considering Pichu was removed for Brawl. I have a sneaking suspicion Mewtwo will return alongside Pikachu and one more new-gen Pokemon because he was massively popular.

I also have a sneaking suspicion either Roy or Ike will reappear alongside Marth, if not both. I have a feeling they won't bother including Chrom.

I'm mad because they used that disgusting design!

HOW DARE THEY NOT CATER TO NAMELESS AMERICAN KID #28915610957

Yeah, such arrogance for people to express an opinion about a Smash Brothers game on a Smash Brothers board.

Such entitlement! We should do nothing but opinionless fanboying here!

Edited by BrightBow

Although it is safe to assume charaters such as Lucario will be cut because he is not a legendary Pokemon, considering Pichu was removed for Brawl. I have a sneaking suspicion Mewtwo will return alongside Pikachu and one more new-gen Pokemon because he was massively popular.

I also have a sneaking suspicion either Roy or Ike will reappear alongside Marth, if not both. I have a feeling they won't bother including Chrom.

I am inclined to agree since what you're saying makes complete sense, however I have the feeling both Ike and Lucario will not get removed (much to my dismay) because of how popular they are. Ike tying with Link in popularity from the female polls and Lucario being in general one of the most popular Pokemon ever make me doubt they'll be removed. Then again, Mewtwo was removed and he falls under the same category as Lucario.

Actually, Lucario might not get the cut. Mega Evolution is pretty heavily advertised feature of X and Y and who better to advertise it than a Pokemon that gets a Mega Evolution, was advertised heavily in DP AND X an Y (for Mega Evolution in the 2nd case), is used to showcase Mega Evolution in the game (the player regurlarly encounters Korrina and her Lucario which likes the player and eventually decides to join the player) AND is already in Brawl.

The Hero-King is back bitches. Fuck Ike, THIS is the FE poster boy. This is one of the reasons Fire Emblem even came to the rest of the world.

Who needs that Ike shit? Just confirm Chrom and we're good to go~!

The Hero-King is back bitches. Fuck Ike, THIS is the FE poster boy. This is one of the reasons Fire Emblem even came to the rest of the world.

Who needs that Ike shit? Just confirm Chrom and we're good to go~!

Oh yeah, we only need Chrom, who thinks himself to pretty for the title of a king and prefers to stay a prince.

And who is completely indifferent about the population of a country he carries responsibility being feed to a dragon...

Personally I prefer my heroes to be... well, kinda heroic.

Like the guy who sees every person he fights with as family and cares just as much about the population of a hostile country like the one he tries to liberate. The guy who does good even when it's inconvenient.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh yeah, we only need Chrom, who thinks himself to pretty for the title of a king and prefers to stay a prince.

And who is completely indifferent about the population of a country he carries responsibility being feed to a dragon...

Personally I prefer my heroes to be... well, kinda heroic.

Like the guy who sees every person he fights with as family and cares just as much about the population of a hostile country like the one he tries to liberate. The guy who does good even when it's inconvenient.

Cool story bro, but Chrom is also the latest FE lord. Your argument is invalid. It also doesn't help that Ike has the personality of a brick wall.

But hey, anything to hate on Awakening as per your quota, yes?

Edited by NoNameAtAll

My 2 mains are confirmed *screams*. A bit late for a birthday gift, Sakurai, but I forgive you! I'm so glad to see they used his New Mystery design. He looks so much better like this.

We need Ike because he's popular and unique among the lords and SSB characters. He's still the only heavyweight sword user! Ganondorf could gain use of his sword besides just a dumb taunt, but even then, he'd likely use it way differently than Ike uses his. Ike is the heavy powerhouse of FE, which many franchises have. Mario's got Bowser, Zelda's got Ganondorf, Kirby has Dedede, Wario has himself, Star Fox kind of has Wolf (he's the heaviest rep there), Pokemon has Charizard (if the Pokemon Trainer is returning with Kanto 'mons), etc.

Sakurai wants more uniqueness and that supports Ike. As does his popularity in the west. But who knows what'll happen at this point. Sakurai's been known to change his mind entirely, after all. But I still think the game needs everyone's favorite blue-haired mercenary leader.

We need Ike because he's popular and unique among the lords and SSB characters. He's still the only heavyweight sword user! Ganondorf could gain use of his sword besides just a dumb taunt, but even then, he'd likely use it way differently than Ike uses his. Ike is the heavy powerhouse of FE, which many franchises have. Mario's got Bowser, Zelda's got Ganondorf, Kirby has Dedede, Wario has himself, Star Fox kind of has Wolf (he's the heaviest rep there), Pokemon has Charizard (if the Pokemon Trainer is returning with Kanto 'mons), etc.

Sakurai wants more uniqueness and that supports Ike. As does his popularity in the west. But who knows what'll happen at this point. Sakurai's been known to change his mind entirely, after all. But I still think the game needs everyone's favorite blue-haired mercenary leader.

>Unique

He uses a sword for one thing. And he has blue hair. That's not really unique, missy. You want unique-ness, then go with Hector or Ephraim or even your oh-so-hated Micaiah.

But please, don't call Ike "unique" when he's just another blue-haired sword user.

And all of that is a moot point anyway when Chrom's the newest lord.

>Unique

He uses a sword for one thing. And he has blue hair. That's not really unique, missy. You want unique-ness, then go with Hector or Ephraim or even your oh-so-hated Micaiah.

But please, don't call Ike "unique" when he's just another blue-haired sword user.

And all of that is a moot point anyway when Chrom's the newest lord.

Except Ike IS unique. A sword and blue hair are the only things he has in common with most of the other lords. Ike has completely different moves from Marth aside from Counter and he plays entirely differently. Ike's hair color hardly matters anyway, as it has nothing to do with his play style.

And I want Ephraim too, actually. He'd be way better and more unique than Chrom, but unfortunately, Chrom's game is more popular and recent...

Edited by Anacybele

Except Ike IS unique. A sword and blue hair are the only things he has in common with most of the other lords. Ike has completely different moves from Marth aside from Counter and he plays entirely differently. Ike's hair color hardly matters anyway, as it has nothing to do with his play style.

You mean all he has in common with practically ALL the lords.

Heavy or not, there's still no diversity with the weapon choice. Hector, Ephraim or Micaiah would bring something new and fresh. Ike brings...another sword.

Think on this for a minute.

Cool story bro, but Chrom is also the latest FE lord. Your argument is invalid. It also doesn't help that Ike has the personality of a brick wall.

But hey, anything to hate on Awakening as per your quota, yes?

So if I would have followed your example and would have simply written "Fuck Chrom" or "that Chrom shit" like you did above about Ike, you wouldn't consider it hate?

Edited by BrightBow

Wow Marth actually looks pretty awesome now. I can't say i'm very surprised by him getting in though.

I wonder if Ike will make the cut as well because there doesn't seem to be much reason for him to be there anymore. The Tellius series is in an ackward spot because its neither the newest game in the series or old enough to get a retro character. If you see Smash as a series that also advertises every Nintendo franchise then it would make more sense to include Chrom or perhaps the lord of the future fire emblem.

I just hope we get a second fire emblem character at all. I don't care if its Roy, Ike, Chrom or someone else.

So if I would have followed your example and would have written "Fuck Chrom" or "that Chrom shit" like you did above about Ike, you wouldn't consider it hate?

Except you have a precedence for sniping all things Awakening. Chrom is a more logical choice because, whether you like or hate Awakening, he's the poster boy for the most recent Fire Emblem.

Ike is a has-been at this point.

RD Ike is rather boring most of the time but as an overall character he's better than that...he's not the smartest, but that's why he values his team, and particularly Soren so highly. As the series goes, he's pretty much completely detached from typical nobility (a claim most can't make), is blunt, honest and fair in a world full of prejudice.

Hate to tell you this, but I'm not an officer, and I'm not in the military. I fight with my men, and I bleed with my men. I lead the Greil Mercenaries. If I can't fight, I've no right to lead.

Remember--you only have one life! At a time like this, it doesn't matter what our blood ties are. We are family. That's what my father always used to say. And today...for the first time... I understand why he said it... Because we are a family. So if you don't want to cause your family any grief, then live! Don't drop your guard! Don't turn your back! Use every drop of your strength! Our road has been long, but it ends today! Let's liberate Crimea and free our friends...and our families...from Daein's tyranny! Men of Crimea...Laguz of Tellius...Greil Mercenaries...MOVE OUT!!

I see... I'm not much for politics. All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won't change who I am, even if it means fighting you.

If other Lords are romanticised Nobility, then Ike is a romanticised Mercenary. I guess the epilogue in RD sums it up best though.

He was simple yet true

Although none of this matters for actually being in Smash but whatever.

Edited by Irysa