IGdood presents: XCOM ENEMY WITHIN - IT IS DONE - XCOM 2 PREVIEW IN LAST POST

IGdood

2KGM_XCOMENEMYWITHIN_cover.jpg

Integrity let me have the honor. I'm so happy and thankful.

I think I'll go for a screenshot log of the game because videos will take too long to do for a whole game.

If you're new to the series of XCOM, you can look here http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35492&page=1

If you want a summary in a nutshell, basically aliens are attacking Earth and you are the commander of a super secret organization called XCOM tasked with the duty of researching alien tech and using it to kill aliens.

>What is the difference between Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within?

1. Enemy Within is the first major expansion pack to Enemy Unknown. It changes the playing field radically by adding in MEC troopers (soldiers who undergo an operation to remove their limbs and replace them with ports for easy integration into a mech suit) and genetic modifications where you can implant alien DNA into your soldiers.

Both of these new powers are fueled by a new resource: MELD. Meld can be found randomly in battles within a certain time period (Fire Emblem star rating system nightmares inbound)

XCOM%28EW%29_Screenshot8.jpg

XCOM%28EW%29_Screenshot7.jpg

2. New enemies have been added. There are 2 new alien enemies, and a fuckton of new human enemies. You heard me right. HUMAN. There is a new organization called EXALT, based off the CUlt of Sirius from XCOM: Apocalypse. These are humans who actively avoid the aliens and take action against XCOM. Their goal is to gather power so they can rule over what's left when the aliens are done fucking over Earth. These human enemies will be your evil doppelgangers: They have heavies, supports, assaults, and even snipers. Yes, they carry grenades and use rocket launchers.

XCOM_EW_EXALT_SquadHalts.png

3. New mission types. Aside from a lot of scripted missions, special missions against EXALT involve sending in a single soldier as a covert operative (he gets blue jeans and a jacket and only a pistol) to sabotage their facilities before you send in the standard squad to wipe out their personnel. These will be nervewracking.

XCOM%28EW%29_Screenshot11.jpg

4. References to the Bureau: This might actually turn some of you off from the disappointment that was XCOM: Declassified/The Bureau, but the developers put in bits of information here and there in an attempt to relate this game's timeline to the "spin-off" shooter game released a few months ago. In other words, the Bureau's timeline is made canon. If you don't know what I'm talking about here, that's fine.

5. Voices: No matter the localization of your game, you can specify a language for your soldier to speak, from English to Russian to Spanish, etc. However, there's no Arabic/Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Obscure country voice over.

So, just as Integrity did, I will ask of you now.

If you want somebody in-game, please specify:

COUNTRY/ETHNICITY - CALLSIGN - CLASS - NAME - GENDER

If you don't specify one of the traits, I will randomly pick it for you.

As MELD is supposedly a very limited and hard to obtain resource, I can only hand out THREE MEC classes out initially. So first 3 posters who want mechs will get them.

As a refresher here are the classes:

Assault - Specialty is dealing damage to enemies (especially by flanking) and taking it. They can use shotguns and assault rifles, making them a short/mid range class.

Support - Carries smoke grenades to buff friendly troops and later learns abilities to use medikits rather effectively as well as provide covering fire to friendlies. Uses assault rifles.

Snipers - Deals heavy damage from long range with high critical rating. Unless the Snapshot ability is chosen, snipers cannot move and shoot in the same turn with their rifle. They do have a pistol, however.

Heavy - Carries a big fucking machine gun and a rocket launcher. The latter allows them to kill off groups of enemies, usually.

MEC Trooper - A rather unique soldier with abilities based on the mec suit created for him/her and the original class of the trooper before he/she underwent the operation to become a MEC. Due to their size, they cannot take cover and they carry a big fucking gun.

The game comes out Nov. 12, so the LP will start around....13-14?

SCRUB LIST

Princess K - Assault FEMALE

Gyarados - Daigoji "WeissGanger 3" Excellen MEC TROOPER Dutch Fem/Herm

Rehab - Cooper "Rehab" Weir SUPPORTmedic Canadian/French/Brit/Dutch/Murican WhiteguyDavidTennant ANY GENDER

Balcerzak - Balcerzak ROOKIE MALE

sifer - Rikku "Rogue" SNIPER FEMALE Caucasian/Hispanic

sifer - Cid "Kellam" HEAVY MALE Any race

Tryhard - Tryhard HEAVY MALE Scot/Brit

Polydeuces - Hunter "Polydeuces" Wilson ASSAULT MALE Canadian/WHITE

Esau of Isaac - Jim "UNCLE SAM" Jones HEAVY-MEC MALE USA USA USA USA - ded

Integrity - Integ 'Flo Rida' Rity - ANY
Personal friend - Anna "Lancer" Huynh SNIPER FEMALE ASIAN

Silverknight - Neil "Spectre" Petrosino SNIPER MALE American/Caucasian

Rein Slampage

Verdant Shade

Edited by IGdood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bite.

Daigoji Excellen

Callsign: WeissGanger 3

class: the most bad ass, hotblooded mech soldier possible. Preferably with a chest laser cannon and shouting attack names.

Nationality: Netherlands

IF, for some reason a Dutch soldier doesn't pop up in the game, is it okay to assign another nationality?

Aww shit y'all, it's about to go down

Arr I was about to ask if nationality is customizable this time around :{ revising

COUNTRY/ETHNICITY - Canada, if none are available France, and if neither are available England/UK, Netherlands, or the U.S., in that order of preference.

white/David-Tennant-looking as the driven snow, regardless of gender

CALLSIGN - Rehab

CLASS - Support (medic speccc)

NAME - Cooper Weir

GENDER - flip a coin

Name: Balcerzak

Class: Whatever my rookie grows into

Gender: pref male, but hey, I had a female Mulder in one of my games, so I guess anything works. (Was so sad when she died. It was the beginning of the end for that Ironman, no joke.)

COUNTRY/ETHNICITY - CALLSIGN - CLASS - NAME - GENDER

I want to toss in my D&D characters

any white/Hispanic preferably (North American)

call sign ?

Class:Sniper

Name:Rikku

Sex:Female

Sargent nickname Rogue (her class)

-

and other if you need more names

Race:any

call sign: ?

Class:Heavy

Name:Cid

Sex:Male

Sargent nickname: Kellam (he is like that in our D&D group)

Edited by sifer

List updated.

I'm planning on going for a Classic Difficulty, toggle options for randomized unit growths (Let's hope RNG doesn't fuck over you guys) and dynamic flanking (Flanking system reworked with the closer a unit gets to flanking an enemy, the more its cover bonus declines.) and damage roulette (weapons don't always do their max damage)

Which continent should we establish our base in?

North America - Cheaper aircraft and aircraft weapons

Europe - Cheaper research facilities

Asia - Cheaper upgrades to soldiers and items

South America - Instant autopsies and interrogations

Africa - Extra funding

Africa's too easy, you massive pansies. Asia or bust.

I want a guy named Integ 'Flo Rida' Rity. I do not care for his nationality, her gender, his voice, or her class.

Edited by Integrity

Asia or Europe IMO, I wanna see the new stuff as soon as possible

By the way, I forget when EW takes place. Does it modify the course of Enemy Unknown, or does it take place afterwards? Can the base/squad I had in any finished games in EU be used at all in EW, or will my old saves be bonked if I buy it?

It's out already!? Great! I have been waiting for Enemy Within for a long time! Yes!

It'll be out next week :)

Asia or Europe IMO, I wanna see the new stuff as soon as possible

By the way, I forget when EW takes place. Does it modify the course of Enemy Unknown, or does it take place afterwards? Can the base/squad I had in any finished games in EU be used at all in EW, or will my old saves be bonked if I buy it?

EW takes place during EU, it modifies EU and I am not sure if it is savegame compatible with EU saves.

I vote Asia, therefore...

Africa: 2

Asia: 3

We have until the day I get the game to decide anyways.

Oh man, I wrote 15th in my OP, guess I checked the wrong source.

Looks like non-North American gamers get shafted once more because they get it on the 15th.

Fortunately I'm in NA.