Assasin Build?

Andronicus

Hey guys this is my first post on this forum. I'm extremely new to the Fire Emblem series, just found out about it by playing the demo for awakening on my brother's 3ds, absolutely fell in love with it lol. I have some questions.

What is a good build for Male Assasin MUs?

I was thinking:

Asset - Speed

Flaw - Mag/Res

Skills;

Lethality

Sol/Lifetaker

Luna/Ignis

Lancebreaker/Pavise

Swordfaire/LimitBreaker

I picked lethality because, well I want my assasin to wreck lol, I've heard that astra could be better....idk though.

I'm leaning towards Sol because Lifetaker is a bit risky imo.

Between Luna/Ignis I'm not sure, if I take Magic as my flaw I'm not sure if ignis would still be a good choice.

Lancebreaker/Pavise for more durability, picking Lancebreaker to sort of counter weakness towards lances, Pavise for more all around tankiness I guess.

Once I get the DLC I'm probably gonna pick LimitBreaker over Swordfaire any day.

Now I'm curious if this is a good build, or if there are way better ones out there. If anyone has a better build could you please post it here and enlighten me lol. But remember I'm set on picking a Male as my MU, I don't want to use Gayforce, er.....Galeforce whatever, same thing.

One last question, is Assasin a good class in general?

Thanks,

Andronicus

First Bump of the day, I need some input guys.

MODEDIT: yo don't bump

Edited by Integrity

• 2 weeks later...

The asset imo should be skill or strength, if you're trying to improve on a weak area. The flaw should be magic. Having lethality, sol, and luna or ignis would be a horrible idea. Only have one or two skills that can activate on an attack. Although it may look cool, Lethality in general is just a bad idea due to its low activation chance. Switch that out with astra. Instead of sol or lifetaker I would *personally* recommend renewal. Since astra is there for you to cover damage, you can leave the other three skills for other things. Limit breaker is a must for any character. Also, about ignis. That would be even worse than lethality because you have magic as your flaw, so you would be doing 18 more damage. Pavise would be nice, but assassins are good on speed so they're better off avoiding attacks. If you're into infinite weapon uses go for armsthrift. I would also say keeping lifetaker on as well as renewal might be a good move, and lancebreaker would be helpful. And yes, assassin is a good class despite the low def and res caps.

My assassin build:

Asset: Strength

Flaw: Magic

Skills:

Renewal

Astra

Counter

Limit Breaker

Armsthrift (Because why not)

You talk about dodging but recommend Counter?

Forget about that, Counter is not worthwhile 90% the time.

Other than that, since you are offensive knocking out an opponenet per turn is mandatory anyway so Lifetaker>Renewal.

You will probably want to use (forged) brave weapons, which can be bought from spotpass teams and the last regular map so armsthrift isnt needed that much.

That set is just... awful. Not going to mince words. It's bad.

Astra is a bad activation: SKL/2 to hit only slightly harder than Luna? Nope. It's better than RFK for Inigo, but that's it.

Counter is an awful skill for anything besides Double Duel and specific Streetpass use [Ergo: The unit must be either A: Carrying ONLY a Range 1 weapon or B: Carrying a Range 1 weapon that outdoes any Range 2 (or 1-2) weapons in both Hit and Mt]

Healing Skills suck. Staves exist. Use them.

AT sucks. Braves exist in infinite quantities.

No -faire skill? No Aggressor could be forgiven since DLC, but have a -faire skill at the least.

Not running Luna/Ignis? Get better procs.

Comparison on Kits here:

+STR/-MAG

Luna, Ignis, -faire, [fill (Aggressor, but I'm going to be "fair" and assume lack of LB2 and throw in Anathema for first point)], Limit

You're looking at 74 STR with a Tonic, Generic Pair Up, and full Rallies. Throw on 17 MT [after WRB] from either Brave Bow or Brave Sword and Boom 91 attack power.

Same Generic Resources leave you with 52 MAG.

There's also 75 SKL with the same.

[Target is Anna as always]

75% Luna- deals 32 damage.

18.75% Ignis- deals 31 damage.

6.25% No Proc - deals 18 damage.

Average Brave damage: 61.875

High Point (Luna+Luna): 64. (56.25%)

Low Point (NoProc+NoProc): 36. (0.390625%)

vs.

Renewal, Astra, Counter, Limit, AT

Same Stats, except 5 less STR.

86 ATK

37% Astra - deals 35 damage

63% No Proc - deals 15 damage

Average Brave Damage: 44.8

High Point (Astra+Astra): 70. (13.69%)

Low Point (NoProc+NoProc): 30. (39.69%)

Difference: -17.075 average damage. That's pretty big.

Now if that filler WAS Aggressor...

101 ATK:

75% Luna: 37 damage

18.75% Ignis: 36 damage

6.25% No Proc: 23 damage

Average Brave Damage: 71.875

High Point (Luna+Luna): 74 (56.25%)

Low Point (NoProc+NoProc): 46 (0.390625%)

A difference of 27.075 average damage on kit alone.

Edited by Airship Canon